(Topic ID: 203210)

Bill Validators and a 75 cent game

By mcbPalisade

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

How do you guys handle this situation? Does inserting a dollar bill give you one and one third credits?

#2 6 years ago

Yes, that is exactly what happens.

#3 6 years ago

Do you get complaints about this? Seems like people might expect the pin to make change.

Of course any signs you put up will get ignored.

#5 6 years ago

Like the instruction card on payphones said, "Change Not Provided".

#6 6 years ago

Ah I love things that force Millennials to up their coping skills ( - :

#7 6 years ago

Just raise the price to a dollar. I think most would be ok with it as long as it’s a nice machine. I would also offer 3 plays at $2.

#8 6 years ago

This is a non issue so long as the pricing card is clear. And I recommend a discount at either $2 or $3.

#9 6 years ago

I think most operators handle that situation by avoiding that situation. Use either $1 or $.50 per play.

#10 6 years ago

I did not have complaints but I also did have the signs say that change would not be given (and yes, I think the 3 games for $2 setting also helped).

There is a place nearby that uses a swipe card system (which is fine...normally) and pinball costs 88 cents. THAT is super annoying.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mhulsebu:

and pinball costs 88 cents. THAT is super annoying.

WTH?!

#12 6 years ago

I've heard from folks who do vending that they price odd amounts to encourage folks to put more money in.

So for the case of a 75 cent game, if you put in a dollar bill, why not put in 2 so you don't lose a quarter? That's one train of logic behind it, anyway.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've heard from folks who do vending that they price odd amounts to encourage folks to put more money in.
    So for the case of a 75 cent game, if you put in a dollar bill, why not put in 2 so you don't lose a quarter? That's one train of logic behind it, anyway.

anytime you give people price breaks they are more likely to put in that last bit of money, two make it another 2 or 4 player game.
    like $2 for 3
    well you need one more dollar for 4 credits right? ....fine
    well shit, just one more dollar for 2 more credits.
    so instead of 2 bucks you wind up with 4.

setting up the second dollar for an odd amount, seems to work out better.
    or at least set the first credit for a dollar, no matter what even if you go 50 cents. give them the break on the second dollar.

I do see a lot of places that do straight 75 cents though. personally I'd be less likely to play a second 2 or 4 player game, If I had to cough up another dollar fifty if the game was mediocre.

2 weeks later
    #14 6 years ago

I have bill validators on all my .75 games, but they also all have a 3 for $2 price break. Never received a complaint, but we also have a change machine on location incase you just want to play one game and put your remaining quarter in my .25 Firepower.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-validators-and-a-75-cent-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.