Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by megalo17
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    loser.jpeg
    kitt.jpg
    board_12.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13079

Anybody want it?

Ever see that show "American Pickers" where the 90 year old has 10 barns full of crap that their unfortunate kids or the state will have to get rid of when they die?

I am the opposite of that guy - make me an offer!

tags: GLWS, WIWC, 10KXMAS, BPPR, VAULT

board_12.jpgboard_12.jpg
    #7 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I could put it next to Twister and have two Bill Paxton pinball machines. lol. "Everybody underground now!"

Then grab an Apollo 13 to finish the collection!

The "Lost" game we did didn't shoot for crap so we scrapped it for parts. Many of which were used on the AMH prototype, so not a complete loss.

#29 9 years ago

I'm a big Sam Raimi fan, so much so I refuse to ever watch the fake, rebooted Spider-Man movies.

Army of Darkness would make a great pin. "Good I can use a horse blanket!"

#45 9 years ago

I've mentioned AOD as a theme to Chuck on many occasions. Seems like it'd be cheap, lots of great quotes, the whole medieval aspect, and Bruce Campbell custom speech might even be *affordable*-ish.

1 week later
    #67 9 years ago

I'm just looking for the parts value, around $2500. What I learned building this game, and the connections I've made is the real value for me.

I have little to no emotional attachment to anything I've ever built (to me things just take up precious shop space)

Insist on local pickup however. So I can show you how to take the game apart (it's very non-standard) and what to check if issues occur. Like training!

#75 9 years ago

Game is spoken for, thanks!

Did some code tweaks yesterday including:

1) Adjusted lights to blink to show shots, go solid when complete (basic Pinball 101 stuff I didn't realize 5 years ago)

2) Fixed timing for motor that opens and closes left Ramp Gate to Titanic dive.

3) Adjusted switches and timing for the backbox mechanical Sub Hunt game so it won't get stuck.

4) On system boot, if sub IS stuck (fails to home) error message displayed.

5) Big Love Multiball scores jackpots by hitting the Wife Lock shots during it.

6) Lights on right ramp go solid to show 1 2 3 advancement towards U571 Sub Mode.

7) Apollo 13 moon path lights stay solid instead of current location being the only one blinking.

NASA light blinks during Apollo 13 mode.

To do:

1) Improve drop target blinks during Weird Science and Club Dred modes.

2) Check autogun timing during Aliens mode.

3) Make sure modes start and end properly, or at least the lights are correct.

I've never had time to do a complete re-program of this game, but spending a few hours to make it play more like a "real" game is easy enough to do.

#104 9 years ago

Going to try and improve as much as I can before they pick it up in two weeks. It was made from spare parts including slow floaty flippers probably early 80's Gottielb.

Anybody know how to speed them up? Everything is 24 volts. Maybe a supply with more amps?

#108 9 years ago

I don't recall what the supply is now, probably 5-7 amps at 24 volts.

It can make a difference. The high power flippers on AMH peak around 5 amps, but going from a 7 amp to 14 amp switching supply gave us more "oompf"

I can give any code the new owner needs.

#111 9 years ago

Gerry, good points. I slapped BPP together with parts I found off Craigslist, so it's a big mess. The 3 pop bumpers don't even match! So it plays like a "floaty" early 80's Gottlieb.

At a certain point, best to leave a machine like that as a "product of its time" The code sucks, I did many things wrong, but you know, the ball returns are pretty decent (outlines a LOT more forgiving than AMH)

2 years later
    #134 7 years ago

That was a reshoot actually. As written and shot, they try and stop her from throwing it over the edge, she explains why she's throwing it, and they let her drop is anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-paxton-pinball-for-sale?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.