Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by megalo17
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    loser.jpeg
    kitt.jpg
    board_12.jpg
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Begging for food at Aunt Meg's. Food, we need sustenance. Food. Food. Food. And Jo says we aren't invading Aunt Meg.
    LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : This picture is right before they all go to Meg Green's.

Yep.

This is a lot of beef Meg. Where did you get all this beef?

Did you see my cows out front?

No.

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Begging for food at Aunt Meg's. Food, we need sustenance. Food. Food. Food

Her gravy is in it's own food category

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

This is a lot of beef Meg. Where did you get all this beef?

Did you see my cows out front?

No.

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!

Dusty : You slaughter your own cows, Meg, nice.

LTG : )™

#104 9 years ago

Going to try and improve as much as I can before they pick it up in two weeks. It was made from spare parts including slow floaty flippers probably early 80's Gottielb.

Anybody know how to speed them up? Everything is 24 volts. Maybe a supply with more amps?

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Maybe a supply with more amps?

What's the supply now? You could have a 100 amp supply but the circuit is only going to draw what it needs to operate.

#106 9 years ago

As Tim Allen always said "more power"
    j/k no idea what I am talking about.
    But so thankful Ben is putting the finishing touches on this awesome pin.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Going to try and improve as much as I can before they pick it up in two weeks. It was made from spare parts including slow floaty flippers probably early 80's Gottielb.
    Anybody know how to speed them up? Everything is 24 volts. Maybe a supply with more amps?

Does ltg get all the source code and fun stuff like that?

#108 9 years ago

I don't recall what the supply is now, probably 5-7 amps at 24 volts.

It can make a difference. The high power flippers on AMH peak around 5 amps, but going from a 7 amp to 14 amp switching supply gave us more "oompf"

I can give any code the new owner needs.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It can make a difference. The high power flippers on AMH peak around 5 amps, but going from a 7 amp to 14 amp switching supply gave us more "oompf"

Makes sense. Ignoring inductance... if your flipper coil has 4 Ohms impedance and you're running 48 V, it'll want to pull around 48V / 4 Ohms = 12 amps. If your supply can't supply that for the length of the pulse, you're losing power. I'd be surprised if you're current starved at 24V and higher impedance coils on BP, but it's simple math to ballpark it.

When considering inductance and charge times and such, things get more complicated. Ignoring the math, you're never going to get a great flipper snap with a 24V supply, but you could try more powerful coils (or taking a bunch of windings out of the coils it has now).

- Gerry
    http://www.pinballcontrollers.com
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The SHEILD opporutnity went down like a lead ballon. So much potential wasted.
    My favorite movie of Bill's is Fraility - which would be well regarded if it wasn't for it's subject matter - just a great film.
    I think his best film is Aliens - which is what solidified his name.

Frailty is a good one.

#111 9 years ago

Gerry, good points. I slapped BPP together with parts I found off Craigslist, so it's a big mess. The 3 pop bumpers don't even match! So it plays like a "floaty" early 80's Gottlieb.

At a certain point, best to leave a machine like that as a "product of its time" The code sucks, I did many things wrong, but you know, the ball returns are pretty decent (outlines a LOT more forgiving than AMH)

#112 9 years ago

I've been away, but is it confirmed that this is going to LTG? If so, that is FREAKING PERFECT! I was hoping to find some way to pull something out of my butt to get it for the MGC so it could still be seen and played at least once a year, but being at LTGs is WAY better.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

but is it confirmed that this is going to LTG?

I can confirm next saturday I am picking it up to bring to LTG.

#114 9 years ago

That's *awesome*. I spoke with Ben briefly about it but was pretty worried about having an extremely unique pin sitting in storage for most of the year. There is NO better place for it to go than Lloyd's. Dang, this makes my night

2 years later
    #115 7 years ago

According to the news, Bill Paxton has passed away.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Even wikipedia is updated

You do realize that pretty much anyone can edit a wikipedia article, right? Just saying.. plenty of times Wiki has been updated to perpetuate a hoax. TMZ was the far more reliable source on that.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You do realize that pretty much anyone can edit a wikipedia article, right? Just saying.. plenty of times Wiki has been updated to perpetuate a hoax. TMZ was the far more reliable source on that.

True, but it is being reported in other news sources.

#120 7 years ago

"Get underground now!"

#121 7 years ago

Yup, just heard on the radio. RIP Bill.

#122 7 years ago

Where did this Pin end up in the end? Been two years??
    And, is it draped in a Black Sash today?
    RIP Bill, bummer dude.

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where did this Pin end up in the end? Been two years??

Ben sold it to Lloyd at SS billiards in Minnesota

#124 7 years ago

Sad, he was a great actor and a pretty cool dude.

#125 7 years ago

Age 61, complications from surgery. Major bummer.

Done too soon.

#126 7 years ago

RIP Bill....

#127 7 years ago

Yes. RIP Mr Paxton.

#128 7 years ago

61 Way too young. Always seemed a nice guy in interviews. RIP

#129 7 years ago

I can't believe Chet is no longer with us ....

#130 7 years ago

RIP.

Only actor killed by a terminator, Alien, and a predator. What a badass.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

RIP.
    Only actor killed by a terminator, Alien, and a predator. What a badass.

And the titanic

#132 7 years ago

Nope. He just lost the Hope Diamond to dumb old Rose. Watch it again.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Nope. He just lost the Hope Diamond to dumb old Rose.

That part of the movie always pissed me off. Think about how many starving people could have been fed if they sold that thing at auction.

#134 7 years ago

That was a reshoot actually. As written and shot, they try and stop her from throwing it over the edge, she explains why she's throwing it, and they let her drop is anyway.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

That was a reshoot actually. As written and shot, they try and stop her from throwing it over the edge, she explains why she's throwing it, and they let her drop is anyway.

That occasionally pops up on Youtube.

LTG : )

#136 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#137 7 years ago

Bill, you will be missed! But your memory will live on in pinball history. Thanks Ben!

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-paxton-pinball-for-sale/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.