1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A33712EA-65C6-4584-89B0-7AAD03B68C4D.jpeg
    4FF485AB-125E-4955-8F84-0442A3E1961A.jpeg
    323C89F1-11A1-42EB-9D9F-305967154E4E.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for trade

Bill Change Machine

Added: 2023-04-14 03:06:34 UTC • Ended: April 16th, 2023

Price

Trade
    Listed at $ 0

Rowe BC-2500 Change Machine.
    I tested a $1 and it makes change.
    The “Change” lighted sign is glass not plastic.
    I’m up for trades. Project pins, populated playfields, Backglass, etc.

Item photos

323C89F1-11A1-42EB-9D9F-305967154E4E.jpeg
    4FF485AB-125E-4955-8F84-0442A3E1961A.jpeg
    A33712EA-65C6-4584-89B0-7AAD03B68C4D.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Aladdin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Aladdin's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Denver, CO, US

#2 1 year ago

Oh man, this is the exact model I've always wanted. I've got a BC-3500 in Blue and white right now, but the brown with woodgrain, and without the recess on the front for the bill types that it accepts, is the classic one I like the best. If you were any closer, I'd be digging through my stuff to see if we could strike a deal! But I know these things weigh just about as much as a Mazda Miata, so I know shipping isn't really feasible.

#3 1 year ago

The Engineering it took to make these is astonishing. I had no idea. It stacks the $1 perfectly by using a sponge?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

The Engineering it took to make these is astonishing. I had no idea. It stacks the $1 perfectly by using a sponge?

Yep! A massive one at that. I'm still trying to figure out where all the concrete is in these things that makes them so heavy. Must just be the amount of, and thickness of the metal they're made from.

#5 1 year ago

Having worked on these in the past I've never seen concrete inside. I have seen some with large cinder blocks in the bottom.

I think them being top heavy for sure.

#6 1 year ago

So this model is actually a BC-20. Specs say 265lbs. It even has a beer spill gutter inside with a drain tube. There was an also an air horn device that would sound if anyone tried to pry the machine open. Oh, the dollar bill counter says 994,562 and the $5 says 15,562. Do the math!

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

There was an also an air horn device that would sound if anyone tried to pry the machine open.

Ah yes - these were used on their MM-x series of Jukeboxes. Great attention-getters, but use once and throw away. Loud as f^ck.

#8 1 year ago

I put millions of dollars in these machines in the 80’s and had no clue how they worked (or cared). Now I’m truly amazed.

#9 1 year ago

Mine has that air horn, too. It's depleted so I can imagine that was quite the scare for some owner before me!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-change-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.