Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 349 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220404_131511.jpg
    bill-ted-robot.jpg
    B5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2312 (resized).JPG
    33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
    0684945D-798B-4ADF-AB37-B12A5FB2ACAA.gif
    D3DBA33A-D469-431D-A429-2D3484303D7A.gif
    Screenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpg
    gsp (resized).jpg
    B38A39D5-4860-4CD6-98CE-B57A94831AB6 (resized).jpeg
    EvuZxcQ (resized).png
    98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpeg
    F1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpeg
    E233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gif
    20181228_215344 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 5 years ago

These are my favorite movies. I would love a Bill and Ted table, but I also think Stern would probably screw it up.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I thought that they were making a Bill and Ted 3 movie. I heard that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter were signed on. I haven’t heard anything more than that. A pinball machine would tie in to a new movie release. Fantastic idea.

They've been saying Bill and Ted 3 is happening for about a decade. Lately they've been saying it's for real, though, supposedly shooting next year. I've met Alex winter personally and I've also asked him about Bill and Ted 3 and he said it was definitely happening, but that was years ago so I'm still skeptical. We don't really need another movie, but a pinball game could be great if done right.

1 year later
    #274 3 years ago

I thought it comes out Friday. Is it tomorrow?

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I can’t wait to see this. Please, please, please have Jim Martin cameo shouting “Station!!!”

33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    #289 3 years ago

Vudu says it's available in 8 hours...

#293 3 years ago

I just watched it. My first impression is that it's not great. It feels kind of rushed. I think I remember hearing that it had a short production schedule. I think Keanu Reeves probably gave them so many days and they had to be done by then, and I'm guessing zero reshoots. It has a few good moments but it's a very different feel from the other movies. Sort of hard to believe that this is the script that has been developing for a decade or more. The plot really doesn't make sense at all... And I love the first two movies but... Well... Anyways. Just go into it with tempered expectations.

At least our fan video made it into the credits next to like 500 others.

#297 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't know about the overall production schedule, but you're right they did not do reshoots - most movies don't. Those are for the huge dumpster fire disasters (e.g. Fantastic Four 2015). I Think what you're thinking of are called "pickups", which is where we go back and get shots that were missed during the regular production schedule. They did do those. Anyway, holding off until 5 tonight!

I don't know. Some parts of the movie feel sort of awkward. It's a weird mix of things. I feel like there's got to be some stuff missing and I just assumed it's because they didn't have time for it. For example, the scene from the trailer where they meet their daughters in hell and they ask how they are, but then say "but how ARE you?"... That seems like it would have been set up by a scene with the therapist where she tells them to ask how their wives really are... But there's no such scene in the movie.

The plot is pretty predictable. The reveal at the end is obvious from the trailers. Being so conventional in plot, you kind of get a sense where things might be missing... Set ups that aren't paid off or call backs to things you never saw. I've only seen it once and plan to watch it again, so that's just my first impression.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

Bill & Ted movies are not supposed to be the epitome of art house cinema, dude. It's an enjoyable movie with a positive ending. That's definitely something we definitely need in 2020.

Fair enough. I'm a huge fan of the first two movies so I had high hopes. It will probably grow on me over time. I was just a little disappointed I guess.

#301 3 years ago

Ted's dad:

Watches Bill and Ted disappear in the phone booth and immediately return with his grandchild and knowing how to play.

Arrests DeNomolos, a literal super villain from the future.

Watches his son's band become world famous with the literal grim reaper on bass.

Sees evil robot bill and Ted from the future blow up in front of him.

Attends his daughter-in-law's birthday parties where they regularly state they are over 500 years old and from medieval England.

And still doesn't believe they traveled through time or went to hell.

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Word. I see what he means about some jokes getting set up and cut. That happens in a LOT of movies. A LOT. Sometimes it’s cut for time, sometimes it’s because the shot wasn’t right, sometimes it’s because they filmed a Rated R script but wanted to get a PG-13. Anyway, all I’m taking from this is that he’s saying was “I wanted it to be spectacular! And it was pretty good.”

Yeah. I'm saying it could have been better but I still enjoyed it even if it starts falling apart near the end.

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well I really wished you’d mentioned something about spoilers there before I read that. Thanks dude.

Pfft. All those plot points are from the second movie except for the part about Ted's dad not believing them, which comes up in the first few minutes of the new movie.

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I forgot to mention the lady who plays Ted’s daughter does an INCREDIBLE impression of his body language, and I actually thought Keanu Reeves change from sad, depressed Ted at the start of the movie to the point about 1/3 of the way where he suddenly gets a mission and a purpose was some really subtle acting

Ted's daughter really did her homework.

On second watch I appreciated more the dynamic between their present and future selves. I'm still confused about some stuff. Maybe someone can clarify? (spoilers):

How did elderly Bill and Ted get the song?

How did the older princesses get the time machine to take themselves on a trip through time (and why did they seem to go to the same exact times and places as Bill and Ted - I feel like there must have been more to this side of the story that's missing?)?

How does the future know some details about a song played at a certain time and place but not what the song is or where exactly it is, or that's it's the daughter's song? I found the whole thing about the future not know about the past really confusing.

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think the song wasn’t necessarily the actual (full) song. Remember they only heard the little
    Snippet of their guitar solo, I’m not even sure if it was the same thing they played later - so they were searching for a song and old B&T knew what was going to happen - since they broke the USB drive they never actually heard the whole thing
    The older princesses travelled with the phone booth because they also knew what was going to happen, so they did what they were supposed to do in order for them all to end up together as a Family. I’ll have to watch again to see from where they got the phone booth in the first place.

Bill and Ted's daughters die in 2020. Bill and Ted die in 2067 and meet them in hell. Does that mean their daughters have been in hell for 47 years?

#333 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The one that bumped me was Bill knowing that Kelly was Rufus’ daughter. How the F would he know that? In my mind there’s a cut scene where Rufus visited them over the years, and brought his young daughter to meet their young daughters....but they didn’t have money to do a good CG Rufus. I wish they would have just rewritten that so Kelly tells them she’s Rufus’s daughter after they see the hologram.
    Minor nitpicks - I had a smile from ear to ear & it’s just a minor miracle that this movie even exists. To get a true sequel with the original cast & writers vs. a reboot or remake just doesn’t seem to happen. I just wish it was a bit longer. I feel like it needed more build up front, showing some of the families dynamics, showing the Princesses as the breadwinners, etc. I also would have liked maybe 5 min more after the ending, again showing the families together & happy & things back to normal. There’s really no interaction between the moms and daughters, and that felt very odd to me.

I think I like the movie more after watching it again. I do think it has flaws but it's just fun to see Bill and Ted again, especially when they interact with their future selves. I think the main thing that bothered me is that this movie retcons the future of the previous two movies without any explanation at all. The first two movies portray a future society built on Bill and Ted's music in general. This movie changes all that and just makes the future aware of some prophecy where "Preston and Logan" perform a song at a specific time and place that prevents the universe from collapsing...and they don't knew what or where it is despite it being in their past. I think that part of the movie is very sloppy.

But the scenes with Bill and Ted interacting with themselves are worth the price alone.

#343 3 years ago

Bill and Ted were the biggest rock stars in the world in the early to mid 90s when Dave Grohl was also a well known Rockstar.

Dave Grohl: Who are you guys?

1 year later
    #348 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since Jack Danger is working on his next (this time major) game, it's clear what it is!

I would hope they'd put someone with more experience on it. I'd love to see Bill & Ted. The first two are two of my favorite movies. The third one isn't in the same class but it's not too bad. I even bought one of CDs used in the movie.

It would need to have a phone booth physical lock, robot bill and Ted toys, death multiball, waterslide ramp, and... STATION.

20220404_131511.jpg20220404_131511.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-and-ted-s-excellent-adventure?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.