Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 349 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220404_131511.jpg
    bill-ted-robot.jpg
    B5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2312 (resized).JPG
    33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
    0684945D-798B-4ADF-AB37-B12A5FB2ACAA.gif
    D3DBA33A-D469-431D-A429-2D3484303D7A.gif
    Screenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpg
    gsp (resized).jpg
    B38A39D5-4860-4CD6-98CE-B57A94831AB6 (resized).jpeg
    EvuZxcQ (resized).png
    98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpeg
    F1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpeg
    E233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gif
    20181228_215344 (resized).jpg
    There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 3 years ago

if anyone needs more Bill & Ted in their life.... (sorta)

#252 3 years ago

There was a TV show???

(I know the animated one.)

Excellent... ish!

#253 3 years ago

The teaser for the new movie looked awful but the full trailer looked like a lot more fun. Looking forward to the VOD this month. I bet the movie will do better on pandemic VOD than it would have done in actual release.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

if anyone needs more Bill & Ted in their life.... (sorta)

That is non-, non-, non-, NON-HEINOUS!

I bet Rick Overton regrets that job. Fun fact: Rick Overton as Rufus (first clip) has his voice inexplicably overdubbed by Neil Ross, a very well-respected voice actor. He also does the "Biff Tannen Museum" narration in Back to the Future 2, as well as being the voice of the Oscars, several Transformers, many GI Joe characters, a ton of video games, and a host of other jobs in the 80s/90s and today.

#255 3 years ago

This thread is alive.

#256 3 years ago

I would full on pay $100 to watch this movie right now. On VOD or whatever

#257 3 years ago

Buddy of mine pointed out that at some point in the trailer, there’s a wedding banner or something that says “Congratulations Deacon and Missy” which is hilarious

2 weeks later
    #258 3 years ago

Don't know if this has been posted; but B&T3 is available from most streaming services for 25 bucks on pre-order.
    I went the Amazon route.. because; well - I have a amazon prime account and the LG app on my TV supports UHD. I don't think Netflix is one of the services selected.
    Release date is Aug 28; I believe... simultaneous release on streaming and theaters. Yes, 25 bucks is high... but I haven't spent one dollar in a theater since last year - and I'm not about to risk it without a vaccine.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Don't know if this has been posted; but B&T3 is available from most streaming services for 25 bucks on pre-order.
    I went the Amazon route.. because; well - I have a amazon prime account and the LG app on my TV supports UHD. I don't think Netflix is one of the services selected.
    Release date is Aug 28; I believe... simultaneous release on streaming and theaters. Yes, 25 bucks is high... but I haven't spent one dollar in a theater since last year - and I'm not about to risk it without a vaccine.

That's what drive-ins are for. You must have one or two in Texas still considering I have two within 10 miles from home.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

That's what drive-ins are for. You must have one or two in Texas still considering I have two within 10 miles from home.

PA is kind of an anomaly. I hadn’t been to a drive in in 25 years until I moved to Bethlehem, PA from St. Louis, MO. Now we’ve got like 3 within a 30 minute drive.

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Netflix doesn’t do first-day releases like this, Amazon, Vudu, AppleTV and your local cable provider are basically the options. $25 to see Bill & Ted 3 on day of release AND I don’t have to go anywhere? I’d have paid $50.

#262 3 years ago

Looking forward to this one . No movies or drive - inns where I am , we're in stage 4 Lockdown . Have a couple hundred dollars in vouchers for the movies , I wonder if I will ever get to use them .

#263 3 years ago

I can't imagine the stress of picking out a theme. I suspect 2 failures in a row would likely shut the factory doors for most manufacturers. I mean hell, you look at Stern almost closed when they pumped out buck hunter and whatever the name of that basketball themed one was. I've always been a Bill and Ted fan. The main toy would be the telephone booth obviously. Used for time travel to start the next mode. What would be cool is a ball lock under the play field with diverters in the subway. It could randomize where the balls are put back into play from. Adding dynamic play instead of always being static.

Seriously hard to get jazzed about pinball lately. Pretty much same old layouts with new graphics.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I can't imagine the stress of picking out a theme. I suspect 2 failures in a row would likely shut the factory doors for most manufacturers. I mean hell, you look at Stern almost closed when they pumped out buck hunter and whatever the name of that basketball themed one was. I've always been a Bill and Ted fan. The main toy would be the telephone booth obviously. Used for time travel to start the next mode. What would be cool is a ball lock under the play field with diverters in the subway. It could randomize where the balls are put back into play from. Adding dynamic play instead of always being static.
    Seriously hard to get jazzed about pinball lately. Pretty much same old layouts with new graphics.

It's time to check out Multimorphic's "Heist" game.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No, its really not

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I could play that for about 20 seconds max before I wander off to find a Raven...

#267 3 years ago

Too bad guys, but I get it - nostalgia is king!

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Too bad guys, but I get it - nostalgia is king!

Non backlit plafields are king.

Its not the gameplay. Its the whole system of playing on a screen. Literal headaches keeping track of the ball. Good in theory.

#269 3 years ago

Has anyone seen the new movie?

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone seen the new movie?

Release day is tomorrow

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Non backlit plafields are king.
    Its not the gameplay. Its the whole system of playing on a screen. Literal headaches keeping track of the ball. Good in theory.

Well *that* would suck for sure!

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Release day is tomorrow

Already got our tickets!

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Already got our tickets!

Im thinking ill just watch it on my couch in 2.5hrs

#274 3 years ago

I thought it comes out Friday. Is it tomorrow?

#275 3 years ago

78min run time? Say 5min of credits. Is that even feature length?
    Id be pissed to go to the movies for an of entertainment.

Screenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
    #276 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Stop whining!

All killer no filler I’m sure!

#277 3 years ago

Google lists prime time of 91 minutes, then when you click the link it says 88 minutes.
    What a mystery.

#278 3 years ago

I can’t wait to see this. Please, please, please have Jim Martin cameo shouting “Station!!!”

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I can’t wait to see this. Please, please, please have Jim Martin cameo shouting “Station!!!”

33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    #280 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

That's like 102 Canadian.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Google lists prime time of 91 minutes, then when you click the link it says 88 minutes.
    What a mystery.

They padded it out after everyone freaked out at the short runtime. No one knows what they padded it WITH, though...

#282 3 years ago

Evil Dead II is only 84 minutes; doesn't need to be long to be great.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Evil Dead II is only 84 minutes; doesn't need to be long to be great.

I wasnt commenting on the quality. Just that if i drive to a theater and drop money on over priced snacks, id better be there for more than an hr. of entertainment.

#284 3 years ago

I can’t really watch movies that are 2 hours long anymore. I love mini series. 30 min each.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Don't count on it. This is what Jim Martin (who quit faith no more basically a month after Bogus Journey came out) looks like today:

IMG_2312 (resized).JPGIMG_2312 (resized).JPG
    #286 3 years ago

I am aware of how he looks these days, we from the same home town.

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

, id better be there for more than an hr. of entertainment.

Don't worry the trailers are still 25 minutes

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I am aware of how he looks these days, we from the same home town.

very cool! He was my favorite guitarist back in the day; Introduce Yourself and The Real Thing have some amazingly creative parts

STATION!! (his other line in the movie is perhaps better.. lol)

#289 3 years ago

Vudu says it's available in 8 hours...

#290 3 years ago

I was not looking forward to this movie but for some reason I am now. Can’t wait. Let’s do this.

#291 3 years ago

Man they look and sound too old to pull off rightious dudes though? I feel old just watching them pretend to be the same. I love Bill & Ted but I have a feeling its going to be Dumb & Dumber 2!

#292 3 years ago

I wanted to watch this tonight... but Amazon didn't drop it until 11pm my time. So; I'll be watching it this weekend maybe tomorrow.

#293 3 years ago

I just watched it. My first impression is that it's not great. It feels kind of rushed. I think I remember hearing that it had a short production schedule. I think Keanu Reeves probably gave them so many days and they had to be done by then, and I'm guessing zero reshoots. It has a few good moments but it's a very different feel from the other movies. Sort of hard to believe that this is the script that has been developing for a decade or more. The plot really doesn't make sense at all... And I love the first two movies but... Well... Anyways. Just go into it with tempered expectations.

At least our fan video made it into the credits next to like 500 others.

#294 3 years ago

First reviews are in - looks like it’s enjoyable, which is really all you can ask for. It’s not
    -actually- going to change the world. Still psyched

#295 3 years ago

In the trailer anyway, Bill looks like he’s aged better then Ted.

Ted looks a little artificial to me, lol. Like old, but no wrinkles. Bill also looks like he wants to be there.

B5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpegB5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpeg

Still looking forward to this though.

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I just watched it. My first impression is that it's not great. It feels kind of rushed. I think I remember hearing that it had a short production schedule. I think Keanu Reeves probably gave them so many days and they had to be done by then, and I'm guessing zero reshoots. It has a few good moments but it's a very different feel from the other movies. Sort of hard to believe that this is the script that has been developing for a decade or more. The plot really doesn't make sense at all... And I love the first two movies but... Well... Anyways. Just go into it with tempered expectations.
    At least our fan video made it into the credits next to like 500 others.

I don't know about the overall production schedule, but you're right they did not do reshoots - most movies don't. Those are for the huge dumpster fire disasters (e.g. Fantastic Four 2015). I Think what you're thinking of are called "pickups", which is where we go back and get shots that were missed during the regular production schedule. They did do those. Anyway, holding off until 5 tonight!

#297 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't know about the overall production schedule, but you're right they did not do reshoots - most movies don't. Those are for the huge dumpster fire disasters (e.g. Fantastic Four 2015). I Think what you're thinking of are called "pickups", which is where we go back and get shots that were missed during the regular production schedule. They did do those. Anyway, holding off until 5 tonight!

I don't know. Some parts of the movie feel sort of awkward. It's a weird mix of things. I feel like there's got to be some stuff missing and I just assumed it's because they didn't have time for it. For example, the scene from the trailer where they meet their daughters in hell and they ask how they are, but then say "but how ARE you?"... That seems like it would have been set up by a scene with the therapist where she tells them to ask how their wives really are... But there's no such scene in the movie.

The plot is pretty predictable. The reveal at the end is obvious from the trailers. Being so conventional in plot, you kind of get a sense where things might be missing... Set ups that aren't paid off or call backs to things you never saw. I've only seen it once and plan to watch it again, so that's just my first impression.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I don't know. Some parts of the movie feel sort of awkward. It's a weird mix of things. I feel like there's got to be some stuff missing and I just assumed it's because they didn't have time for it. For example, the scene from the trailer where they meet their daughters in hell and they ask how they are, but then say "but how ARE you?"... That seems like it would have been set up by a scene with the therapist where she tells them to ask how their wives really are... But there's no such scene in the movie.
    The plot is pretty predictable. The reveal at the end is obvious from the trailers. Being so conventional in plot, you kind of get a sense where things might be missing... Set ups that aren't paid off or call backs to things you never saw. I've only seen it once and plan to watch it again, so that's just my first impression.

Bill & Ted movies are not supposed to be the epitome of art house cinema, dude. It's an enjoyable movie with a positive ending. That's definitely something we definitely need in 2020.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

Bill & Ted movies are not supposed to be the epitome of art house cinema, dude. It's an enjoyable movie with a positive ending. That's definitely something we definitely need in 2020.

Fair enough. I'm a huge fan of the first two movies so I had high hopes. It will probably grow on me over time. I was just a little disappointed I guess.

#300 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Fair enough. I'm a huge fan of the first two movies so I had high hopes. It will probably grow on me over time. I was just a little disappointed I guess.

I watched it 3 times this morning. I wasn't sure when I first started the movie honestly, but I think maybe it's just because the actors (and their characters) aged? It definitely feels like it belongs with the first 2 to me now, though.

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.