Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 349 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220404_131511.jpg
    bill-ted-robot.jpg
    B5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2312 (resized).JPG
    33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
    0684945D-798B-4ADF-AB37-B12A5FB2ACAA.gif
    D3DBA33A-D469-431D-A429-2D3484303D7A.gif
    Screenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpg
    gsp (resized).jpg
    B38A39D5-4860-4CD6-98CE-B57A94831AB6 (resized).jpeg
    EvuZxcQ (resized).png
    98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpeg
    F1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpeg
    E233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gif
    20181228_215344 (resized).jpg
    There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 5 years ago

TWIP kinda fortifying rubberducks comment regarding new game this year.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-6/

(Rumor 2.)

TWIPs rumored Primus title can't be it btw. because that would be another contract game, not a cornerstone game.
    Gary himselfs said in the recent pinball news podcast interview that Beatles is no cornerstone game as well.
    With Beatles moving forward to have some games ready before christmas as a possible present that leaves us with...

(Very likely, because from rumors it was the intended schedule and Borg basically confirmed it if he was not trolling): Munsters

(Not so likely but considering the circumstances the pic appeared): Bill & Ted

(Even less likely - THIS year - if there will be not again an additional 'cornerstone' game): Primus

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Of course it does, in a strict terminological way.

When you argue semantics, you've already lost.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

When you argue semantics, you've already lost.

Better then possibly not fully understanding what your discussion Partner means.

Changing back to topic now or do we talk Ford Mustang till thread eject?

#154 5 years ago

Christopher Franchi basically called B&T a hoax; that game is not coming.

WELL HOW WOULD HE KNOW!!!

(My precious...)

Lights out!

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Christopher Franchi basically called B&T a hoax; that game is not coming.
    WELL HOW WOULD HE KNOW!!!
    (My precious...)
    Lights out!

It's gotta be more real than Primus....

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It's gotta be more real than Primus....

Maybe. Maybe I'm still right and we'll get the big reveal tomorrow.

Dreams never die!!!

But in other terms: What have we learned Charlie Brown?

Gary is right. We don't know what we want, till we get it. (Well sometimes.)
    I'd long forgotton about Bill & Ted. Everyone has, since it never was mentioned or listed as a wished for title anywhere!
    But seeing that picture it just hops to mind that this is perfect for pinball.
    NOT because it's a 80s childhood demographic movie wich I resonate to, NOT because it would make an excellent game as long as it has a phone booth, BUT because of the general light heartedness and positivity that movie has, the characters have and that (for me) pinball has.

There may be people that don't like it, but I can't imagine a person that hates it.

Pinball is a game and supposed to be fun, most of us take this too serious (wich is understandable because buying a machine for home use is serious business, but that's not the machines fault).
    Part of my fun is seeing the machine do cool 'magical' things, getting "whoa"ed.
    Bill and Ted are "whoa"ed by about everything and I will whoa at them too if I ever shoot my steel balls into their phone booth and it sinks down the playfield accompanied by Dwight Sullivan eyeblinding lightshow excellence.

Srsly I never was so positive to any new (potential) game, and I'm a big Beatles and Ghostbusters fan.
    In my opinion Stern just can't "fuck this up" since the phone booth is the most iconic thing in the movie, that has to be a given in the game.
    That fits into a Pro BOM, make it shoot well and everything else is bonus or for the Premium/ LE.
    Additionally most other things have been kinda forgotten so I think Stern could be liberal with it, pump up the 80's vibe like that Artwork with it's pink in the logo in front of the reimagined movie poster does.

(Thinking about that someone should make a Rollergames Reskin more "Retro/ Nostalgia" 80s. I think I'll try that someday. )

#157 5 years ago

this would be so cool if it were real. this would literally be the best new pinball table license possible... well other than Beavis & Butt-head which would literally make me freak out if they announced. Don't know if anybody checked out those Bill & Ted comic books Boom Studios put out in recently-ish but they were really good. Bill and Ted's Most Triumphant Return #1-5 (2015), Bill and Ted Go to Hell #1-4 (2016), & Bill and Ted Save The Universe #1-5 (2017)... and I hear tell of another series they will hopefully start rolling out by the end of 2018 to keep up this 1 B&T mini series a year thing they have going.

Anyways maybe a tease by dead flip he put together but no way that is an official press release photo. one look at the white edges of the stern logo and it's obvious someone used the magic wand select tool in photoshop clicked outside the logo then did a select/inverse then pulled a select/modify/expand to give it a border before cutting and placing on here. See those jaggies on it? Those are from bad photoshoping. a pro would have manually outlined it and you would see no jags, or if it was a real press photo they would just have a perfect rasterized logo provided to them by Stern.

man i want this to be real.

b t (resized).jpgb t (resized).jpg

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from PeteJaquay:

See those jaggies on it? Those are from bad photoshoping.

mspaint.jpgmspaint.jpg

#159 5 years ago

Someone should start a thread advising how to properly setup and start a speculation thread.

#160 5 years ago

oh man just in fully legit! don't get too excited though it's just another seawitch retheme

golden girls (resized).jpggolden girls (resized).jpg
    #161 5 years ago

I hope this is true. But, please do not make it like the Beatles.. Ouch!!!

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from PeteJaquay:

oh man just in fully legit! don't get too excited though it's just another seawitch retheme
    [quoted image]

They already did that one. It was called Wheel of Fortune.

#163 5 years ago

It Wednesday, and as I can see it Bill & Ted hasn't been announced, wich some would assume means that I was wrong.

As a proud and typical member of this community I claim: The calender ist wrong!

I proclaim every day from now on to be a monday till the day Bill & Ted is announced!

2 weeks later
    #164 5 years ago

I should have proclaimed every day a sunday.

#165 5 years ago

Looks legit...

Unbenannt-1 (resized).jpgUnbenannt-1 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #166 5 years ago

Brian Eddie talking 'bout Bill & Ted at special when lit podcast!

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Brian Eddie talking 'bout Bill & Ted at special when lit podcast!

Yeah, they kept saying Bill & Ted multiple times. Is he joking around or maybe implying he’s making that pin?

#168 5 years ago

Here’s one for the pin I’m picking up and here’s one for the pin I hope someday I’ll pick up

882B9324-F90E-4552-A218-0AACFBA9684D (resized).jpeg882B9324-F90E-4552-A218-0AACFBA9684D (resized).jpeg
    #169 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Yeah, they kept saying Bill & Ted multiple times. Is he joking around or maybe implying he’s making that pin?

Well if implying I guess "Microwave Pinball" is first.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well if implying I guess "Microwave Pinball" is first.

That could definitely be a “Hot” title. Tag line: Pinball is heating up! Disclaimer:please do not put pinballs in microwave, possible fire hazard

#171 5 years ago

Listen to the podcast and I'm surprised this isn't making more news - Bill and Teds Excellent adventure seems to be coming and it's designed by BE!

Very interesting interview.

#172 5 years ago

those silences were a little cringe-worthy. In my head I was yelling at Ken and Bill to keep pursuing the topic! It seemed like they weren't picking up what Brian was putting down.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Listen to the podcast and I'm surprised this isn't making more news - Bill and Teds Excellent adventure seems to be coming and it's designed by BE!
    Very interesting interview.

I honestly didn't like it as much as usual, because I could never tell what was meant seriously,... wich may be eben more so due to the language barrier.

So with all they talked about B&T was just more joking around... Or seriousness clouded by cleaning all that microwaves around it.

Edit: But on Topic -> Brian Eddys Bill & Ted would be an instabuy!!!

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

those silences were a little cringe-worthy. In my head I was yelling at Ken and Bill to keep pursuing the topic! It seemed like they weren't picking up what Brian was putting down.

I don't think many people will get too excited before seeing it. I suppose layout could be interesting, but chances are it'll be another pretty bare fan layout with minimal mechs and things on springs.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think many people will get too excited before seeing it.

I'd bet the other way around if Brian Eddy is on it.

Quoted from rubberducks:

chances are it'll be another pretty bare fan layout with minimal mechs and things on springs.

That's the chance with every Stern. XD

But if they dare to do this the hire of Brian Eddy in itself would be a miss. :-/

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think many people will get too excited before seeing it.

Good stuff, keep those jokes coming! New pin coming from the designer of two of the greatest pinballs ever (I'd include Shadow as a third, of course), and people won't get too excited before seeing it? It takes virtually nothing to get Pinside excited, and this is definitely something.

EDIT: Finished listening to the podcast this afternoon and I’m even more stoked to find out what Brian Eddy has in store for us after all of these years!

#177 5 years ago

Yep,

Brian knows how to find the perfect balance.

Looking forward to this as much as SR's next classic.

The design competition at Stern is currently off the charts !

C'mon guys who's gonna make the best pin of 2019 ?

SR 2 years head start

KE 2 1 yr head start

JB 1.5 year head start

BE 1 Year into it

GG, 6months c'mon George you are the best, align the team and get China to get its shit together please

I know I am missing other champions of pinball design

Seriously 2019 will be make and break for some !

It certainly appears 2019 will be some next level shit !, especially if deep root gets off the blocks

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Yep,
    Brian knows how to find the perfect balance.
    Looking forward to this as much as SR's next classic.

Ditto!!!

I like the direction Stern is heading very much with new art packages, getting back to Service rails etc., getting used to the Color LCD the only thing that still bugs me is often the lack of unique mechs or some other not ideal design choice.

Like the recent GG Facebook interview where said that he could/ should have made both Orbit shots work on the pro.

That said, I'm looking forward to everyone of them and like to play them, I just can't buy every single one.

#179 5 years ago

If this does get made, count me in for a Limited Edition...and I am a pro guy usually.
    Please Stern.
    Phone Booth topper as well please

20181227_234449 (resized).jpg20181227_234449 (resized).jpg
    #180 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If this does get made, count me in for a Limited Edition...and I am a pro guy usually.
    Please Stern.
    [quoted image]

Stern licensing leg.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Please Stern.
    [quoted image]

Is that Nakatomi Plaza burning off to the right? And where's our Die Hard pin?

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that Nakatomi Plaza burning off to the right? And where's our Die Hard pin?

Good eye

#183 5 years ago

I saw that too. Your tattoos are awesome

#184 5 years ago

I’m not seeing the flux capacitor though

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

That's a Mons Pubis tattoo if ever there was one.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Happy?

20181228_215344 (resized).jpg20181228_215344 (resized).jpg
    #187 5 years ago

Haha nice.

1 month later
    #188 5 years ago

Watched the Lego Movie 2 yesterday.

It had Bill & Ted and their phone booth!

So now that every Kid knows them, do the pin!

1 month later
    #190 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe now we'll finally get "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" in a pin. They never got it done for KISS, but it's on the Bill and Ted soundtrack, so...

That’s not a KISS song, it’s an Ardent song - so obviously Gene and Paul wouldn’t allow it in their game!

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man this makes me so happy

E233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gifE233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gif
    #193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s not a KISS song, it’s an Ardent song - so obviously Gene and Paul wouldn’t allow it in their game!

The KISS one is the better version, and if KISS allowed it on their album and even made a video for it, I think they'd be fine with it.

#194 5 years ago

If this happens and the pin comes out, that’s totally rad....

#195 5 years ago

Woooaahh! EXCELLENT

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The KISS one is the better version, and if KISS allowed it on their album and even made a video for it, I think they'd be fine with it.

From what I understand, that was because it was the last thing Eric Carr worked on. And they rewrote the lyrics so they get publishing royalties, soo.. yeah

1 week later
    3 months later
    #198 4 years ago

Well... new release art from Zombie Yeti...

98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpeg98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpegF1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpegF1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpeg
    #199 4 years ago
    Quoted from mitchel:

Well... new release art from Zombie Yeti...[quoted image][quoted image]

I really wish that's a Ted & Bill pinball art...

#200 4 years ago

Most triumphant

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-and-ted-s-excellent-adventure/page/4?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.