Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 349 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220404_131511.jpg
    bill-ted-robot.jpg
    B5784585-C155-4A84-8314-2A0EBBD43356 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2312 (resized).JPG
    33106977_1849641565088712_1530962756474241024_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200825-230551_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
    0684945D-798B-4ADF-AB37-B12A5FB2ACAA.gif
    D3DBA33A-D469-431D-A429-2D3484303D7A.gif
    Screenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpg
    gsp (resized).jpg
    B38A39D5-4860-4CD6-98CE-B57A94831AB6 (resized).jpeg
    EvuZxcQ (resized).png
    98469783-5248-4097-B6A0-C28AA11815FA (resized).jpeg
    F1744629-D46F-4A42-B8AC-2258FF8506CA (resized).jpeg
    E233BB58-D39E-48CC-B08C-4E2259823259.gif
    20181228_215344 (resized).jpg
    There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure I'll be there ... bit limpy at the moment after a bike crash.

Oh. Then get well soon...
    Feel yourself hugged.

#102 5 years ago

they could play that song "Two Heads are Better Than One" for multiball. That song plays at the end of the first movie and I swear to this day, it pops in my head much more often that it should.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

If it’s a fun game I’m all in

It will be EXCELLENT!!!

I mean: It's allready in the Title!

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from kapsreiter:

a rethemed seawitch?

In the Deadpool game there is animations of Deadpool playing at an arcade. In the background there is a Seawitch and I also noticed a flight2000 . Maybe Stern is giving us clues as to the classic sterns they plan to reproduce/retheme .

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Maybe an interactive topper idea?
    [quoted image]

Stern toppers take years to get approval tho

#106 5 years ago
    most excellent response

#107 5 years ago

A nice swirly wireform like Napoleon on a water slide.
    Billy the Kid bash toy.
    Van Demis High VUK.
    Socrates skill shot.
    Genghis Khan kick back.
    Mozart moving target.
    Sigmund Freud mental asylum pop bumpers.
    Most Triumphant wizard mode.
    Party on Dudes shoot again.
    EXCELLENT extra ball.

so many thoughts

#108 5 years ago

Ideas:

A telephone booth that comes up the playfield is a must.
    Best would be if it has a tall drop target in front of it (like Shadow) as the door so you can shoot into the telephone booth.
    You shoot a ball into the phone booth to collect an earned historical character and two to man the booth yourself to travel trough time (activate next mode to collect next character).

Edit:
    Actually for a Pro that 'for me' would be totally sufficient as the main/ only toy-mech.
    Or in other words at the moment I can't of any other ideas.
    You have one?

#109 5 years ago

I thought that they were making a Bill and Ted 3 movie. I heard that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter were signed on. I haven’t heard anything more than that. A pinball machine would tie in to a new movie release. Fantastic idea.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I thought that they were making a Bill and Ted 3 movie. I heard that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter were signed on. I haven’t heard anything more than that. A pinball machine would tie in to a new movie release. Fantastic idea.

They've been saying Bill and Ted 3 is happening for about a decade. Lately they've been saying it's for real, though, supposedly shooting next year. I've met Alex winter personally and I've also asked him about Bill and Ted 3 and he said it was definitely happening, but that was years ago so I'm still skeptical. We don't really need another movie, but a pinball game could be great if done right.

#111 5 years ago

They ARE doing a 3rd movie. They have already told the synopsis. Basically that they are adults and have yet to write "the song". I forgot the rest of it, but that is the basis. The last I heard they agreed to do the movie and the writer was still working on the screenplay.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

They ARE doing a 3rd movie. They have already told the synopsis. Basically that they are adults and have yet to write "the song". I forgot the rest of it, but that is the basis. The last I heard they agreed to do the movie and the writer was still working on the screenplay.

Whoa, Not bad

#113 5 years ago

I just want to know that it will have Bodacious English Babes!

#114 5 years ago

So, what do you think who would be the designer?

Borg saiys his next game will be announced in November; so will it be Borg or is he definately on Munsters and the release order changed?
    (Worth mentioning is he said that on the first day of Expo, before Expo was open and Monster Bash was revealled. If B&T is real, maybe Stern wants to avoid direct competition of Munsters and Monster Bash.)

Would be too soon for Elwin, Ritchie is on an unlicensed theme, Trudeau is in jail, leaving us with Brian Eddy, doesn't it?

Oh boy, oh boy... imagination running wild!

#115 5 years ago

Please let it be an Eddy. I love the speculation based on zero facts. So much fun to hope

#116 5 years ago

I still think out of The Beatles, Bill & Ted or The Munsters, i will hold for The Munsters.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Please let it be an Eddy. I love the speculation based on zero facts. So much fun to hope

Lol. - Well we have a picture from DeadFlip (why would he be trolling?) and we have rubberducks having heard there will be something before Munsters.

Thats... something?

B&T is definately in the target group. There will be a new movie (like with when Ghostbusters came) and as written it would make sense to pull Munsters a bit to not go against Monster Bash.

So, I think there's a resonable chance.

#118 5 years ago

This would be a great, fun, funny theme, I think. Give it photorealistic art, base it mostly on the first movie with the modes based on the places they went in history, and I think it could be a winner.

#119 5 years ago

Best advice I ever received came from B&T. Made a huge impact on my life....

C601E77C-AE39-4714-91D2-B1096DDE0E5F.gifC601E77C-AE39-4714-91D2-B1096DDE0E5F.gif

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Best advice I ever received came from B&T. Made a huge impact on my life....
    [quoted image]

Be EXCELLENT to each other!

#121 5 years ago

I love both movies. I think the first one really holds up well.

I think it should be required viewing in all high schools. We should all love by their philosophy of be excellent to each other and party on dude.

#122 5 years ago

So in regards to what TWIP writes:
    "So what to make of this? Remember that the Stern “troll game” is on point and they like to tease. Plus sometimes they may want to see how we – the hobbyists – react. Examples of them having fun with teases include Keith Elwin as a Stern employee wearing a Jaws hat to Pinburgh, their team recently visiting Hogwarts and posting it on Facebook (that one made me cry on the inside a little bit), and any time Gary Stern gets a picture taken with anything to do with any license that hasn’t been made."

Please not that these "trolls" are only indications of stuff. Even when Stern used the Stranger Things Logo Font on their FB-Page that is something completely different then to slap the "Stern Pinball" Logo onto.

To add to this: This is 99% not an official Stern troll, since Stern does well know, that it would have legal consequences to just slap their brand logo over someone elses license, without contacting him.

This doesn't mean this thing is real, but the agumentation is invalid.

While it may be just wishful thinking of Dead Flip (he surely wished for it since the reveal that B&T3 will be made), I don't think of him as a troll or as someone to use Sterns logo lightly.

That said, I'm still looking forward to Stern revealling Bill & Tedd's excellent Pinball Adventure by Brian Eddy, November 13th!

Volle Kanne, Hoschi!

(And if I'm wrong I'm sure DFs own game will get the B&T treatment; maybe that picture was for that?)

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Please not that these "trolls" are only indications of stuff. Even when Stern used the Stranger Things Logo Font on their FB-Page that is something completely different then to slap the "Stern Pinball" Logo onto.
    To add to this: This is 99% not an official Stern troll, since Stern does well know, that it would have legal consequences to just slap their brand logo over someone elses license, without contacting him.
    This doesn't mean this thing is real, but the agumentation is invalid.

DF doesn't work for Stern, so it's not Stern's problem if he put up a photoshop with their logo on something.

#124 5 years ago

Let's skip the dated crappy movies (I loved them at the time) and go with the modern day non-fiction version: Andrew WK. He loves pinball and would sign on in a heartbeat.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Let's skip the dated crappy movies (I loved them at the time) and go with the modern day non-fiction version: Andrew WK. He loves pinball and would sign on in a heartbeat.

Who is Andrew WK?

#126 5 years ago

Google is a thing.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Google is a thing.

Indeed. And more specifically I believe it's a search engine. But I was asking about this Andrew WK guy you referenced.

#128 5 years ago

Are you this fun real life too or just online.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Are you this fun real life too or just online.

It's always five o'clock somewhere, my friend.

#130 5 years ago
    Bill-and-Ted-s-Excellent-Adventure-bill-and-ted-8344434-852-480 (resized).jpgBill-and-Ted-s-Excellent-Adventure-bill-and-ted-8344434-852-480 (resized).jpg
    #131 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is Andrew WK?

Andrew WK is a literary genius. Today I've learned -

BOOBYTRAP spelled backwards is PARTYBOOB

TACO CAT spelled backwards is TACO CAT which makes it a palindrome. Others -

Madam, I'm Adam

Never odd or even

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

DF doesn't work for Stern, so it's not Stern's problem if he put up a photoshop with their logo on something.

Yeah, beeing a Stern ambassador, having his Logo (Deadflip Code) in every Stern pinball machine makes him completely unrelated.

Have a look in the Deeproot thread how he feels about others using his logo today.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is Andrew WK?

He's a rock n roll man known for partying songs and always wearing the same outfit all the time, among other projects. Went to the same wacky high school as me.

#134 5 years ago

No new pinball reveal this year says mister K.

With that I see it as confirmed we'll see B&T next tuesday!

#135 5 years ago

If stern is using this as a measuring stick to see if the people want this... the answer is YES!

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No new pinball reveal this year says mister K.
    With that I see it as confirmed we'll see B&T next tuesday!

Probably. You both missed the fact we should be seeing a revised Oktoberfest by Dec 31. If it is substantially different art, trim and music and the rules are fleshed out, it may only vaguely resemble the mock up we saw. That’s what I am hoping for anyways - you may say I'm a dreamer so still some excitement and good news to be found in 2018.

A B&T pin may be on the horizon, but we won’t see one earlier than this time next year.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

No idea if this is it, but before this was posted I was told to expect something other than Munsters next.

This might have been what was being alluded to when I was told to expect something else and before Munsters.

spcfrc (resized).PNGspcfrc (resized).PNG
    #138 5 years ago

That's just a poster or generic-themed Stern promo item. Clearly a simplified artsy rendering of a pin. And of course ZY isn't dumb enough to leak his own project.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmulvenon:

But who would do that? Just go on the internet and lie?

No one is aloud to lie on the internets!

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

That's just a poster or generic-themed Stern promo item.

Perhaps. I wouldn't be so sure about that, though.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Perhaps. I wouldn't be so sure about that, though.

Well the screws are painted.

#142 5 years ago

Sadly I can't ask Jack.

Can't go to DPO because of Norovirus.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well the screws are painted.

He's an artist not the CAD guy.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

He's an artist not the CAD guy.

You're not getting it. XD

Why should he paint screws?
    It's a picture (poster/ artwork) not a game.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why should he paint screws?
    It's a picture (poster/ artwork) not a game.

Why would he leave it blank?

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Why would he leave it blank?

It's never blank the picture just continues because of the bleed.

The artist wouldnt usually assemble such an eleborate mock up.

This is a poster/ an artwork. Just deal with it.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's never blank the picture just continues because of the bleed.
    The artist wouldnt usually assemble such an eleborate mock up.
    This is a poster/ an artwork. Just deal with it.

Like I say, don't count on it. It likely hints at an actual project, even if it's not the actual art for it.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Like I say, don't count on it. It likely hints at an actual project, even if it's not the actual art for it.

That is of course possible.

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

It likely hints at an actual project,

Nope.

#150 5 years ago

Of course it does, in a strict terminological way.

Propbly not a new pinball machine but a picture as part of an ad, is also a project.

Now back to the Bill & Ted reveal on Tuesday...

(With the first alotment of Beatles sold there's room for more.)

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-and-ted-s-excellent-adventure/page/3?hl=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.