3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99C91188-054A-4C31-865E-5D6A54F3B413 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I got a text that the bill acceptor on my change machine is running as if the rollers are going back and forth over and over. My friend isn’t sure if the service light came on and it stopped or what because he offered to unplug it not knowing if it would ever stop. Is this an indicator of something specific?

I have had it for a few years and don’t know if I’ve ever cleaned the sensors. I got it used so if I didn’t, who knows when it was last cleaned. I’m going to head over there tomorrow and see if that does anything, but would like other ideas just in case.

1 week later
    #6 3 years ago

New update. My friend figured out that if you use a 1, everything is fine. Any other bill causes the issue. I was able to test this and confirmed. Now, I thought it was the rollers on the bill reader part of the unit that would go back and forth constantly, but it’s actually the rollers of the stacked portion that are constantly going.

I cleaned the sensors on the reader, but did not know there were more in the stacker. But if that sensor was too dirty to take a 5, why wouldn’t it also be too dirty to take a 1?

I will go back and clean the stacker sensors and see if there is an LED code on the stacker itself after trying to use a 5, which I have now found in the manual.

I’d be open to other suggestions though, just to see what else might be the issue. I haven’t changed any dip switch settings in a very long time. I also want to try with a 10 and 20, just to see if maybe it’s the 5s causing the issue even though they never have before.

Manual: http://www.vendingworld.com/Manuals/Coinco/MAG/Magpro.pdf

99C91188-054A-4C31-865E-5D6A54F3B413 (resized).jpeg99C91188-054A-4C31-865E-5D6A54F3B413 (resized).jpeg

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you tried a kit like this? Always works on mine.
    amazon.com link »

No but I might as well. Do you just make one pass with it, or do you do multiple times with a single piece before tossing it?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You apply the cleaner per instruction and keep running it through till clean. I do it 7-8 times. Cleans readers, rollers, track, and all. Hope it works for you and doesn't hurt to clean it anyway. Good Luck.

Thanks. Here’s to hoping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-acceptor-on-change-machine-running-constantly?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.