Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Msch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    LuckyEggs_03_(resized).jpg
    LuckyEggs_02_(resized).jpg
    LuckyEggs_01_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Curious as to which acceptor I would want(non or down stacking only), and if it's an easy enough job that I could handle it without getting too crazy. The machine is going into a boutique with higher end prizes inside, want to make it a dollar per egg.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Hard to say -
    With three wires on the credit switch, it's possible the machine's looking for a certain on/off time. Or it's looking for an open, then close signal. (Cheating prevention, etc..?)

If the game DOES need a open/close signal, then you'll have to do some fancy wiring of a relay. (Mars MEI stackers do not have a Normally Closed relay output.)

But, any 115v stacker would do...

#3 7 years ago

The switch opens, then closes, then the machine come alive. It only stops when a switch for the egg drop is closed. I have an upstacker, but can't seem to find a diagram of which wires are for what. Think we will just go with tokens haha
    Thanks for the help

#4 7 years ago

Now, how to convert to tokens....

#5 7 years ago

Maybe this might help. Some scans from the original manual on the theory of operation and schematics.

LuckyEggs_01_(resized).jpgLuckyEggs_01_(resized).jpg

LuckyEggs_02_(resized).jpgLuckyEggs_02_(resized).jpg

LuckyEggs_03_(resized).jpgLuckyEggs_03_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Thanks. I ended up rigging up a 4 quarter slider.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Thanks. I ended up rigging up a 4 quarter slider.

#8 7 years ago

That works too. You'll need to put a sticker over the 75C label to indicate $1, or you'll have kids trying to jam 3 quarters in.

Those old coin mechs are getting harder to find. Where were you able to locate that one?

Did you have to enlarge the mounting hole on the cabinet for it to fit thru?

#9 7 years ago

Another option would have been to use a Happ coin accumulator board. They have relay outputs with N/O N/C contacts. You would just use it with a normal coin acceptor faceplate or coin door.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_currency_supplies/42-1138-00
    https://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/ins-0050.pdf

#10 7 years ago

That's a lot of money for just the board...worth about half the Lucky Egg machine itself...

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Another option would have been to use a Happ coin accumulator board. They have relay outputs with N/O N/C contacts. You would just use it with a normal coin acceptor faceplate or coin door.
    https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_currency_supplies/42-1138-00
    https://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/ins-0050.pdf

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from kungfucop:

That's a lot of money for just the board...worth about half the Lucky Egg machine itself...

Yeah, but it's still cheaper than a down-stacker bill validator, plus it takes care of the normally closed switch issue that the OP mentioned.

#12 7 years ago

When that twisted up picture hanger wire breaks, from repeated flexing, people are going to be shaking the hell out of the machine to get the egg that they paid for. I would have put a bill validator in it with a simple relay circuit.

1 week later
    #13 7 years ago
    Quoted from kungfucop:

That works too. You'll need to put a sticker over the 75C label to indicate $1, or you'll have kids trying to jam 3 quarters in.
    Those old coin mechs are getting harder to find. Where were you able to locate that one?
    Did you have to enlarge the mounting hole on the cabinet for it to fit thru?

I found a box full on eBay for about $30. Nope, slid right in

Quoted from Starwriter:When that twisted up picture hanger wire breaks, from repeated flexing, people are going to be shaking the hell out of the machine to get the egg that they paid for. I would have put a bill validator in it with a simple relay circuit.

It's going into a small boutique of a fashion designer. So it'll be monitored all day. That wire will undoubtedly have to be replaced at some point, maybe try to find a small chain.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-acceptor-install-in-a-chicken-egg-machine?hl=starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.