Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Onevox
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

64C0FFA6-3769-4DE8-B225-1879F10D3668 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

I have an older Clean Sweep Claw Machine and want to put in a bill acceptor. I read that it takes a 110v model, but when I use my DMM on the red and black wires on the 9 pin molex I'm getting 120v. This sounds like a dumb question, but does that mean I need a 120v bill acceptor only? Or am I missing something or testing it wrong? I'm confused by the 119v 117v 115v 110v ... why there are so many so close to 120v. I've always thought voltages must match.

Thanks.

#3 5 years ago

I think I'm reading this as "a 110v to 120v range bill acceptor will be OK with voltages up to 120v."

So would a 110v be a better choice in terms of the uncertainty of on-location wall voltages?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Onevox:

This sounds like a dumb question, but does that mean I need a 120v bill acceptor only

Not a dumb question if you ask.

The 110V bill validator will work fine.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

Thanks, L.

3 weeks later
    #6 5 years ago

I bought a 115v bill acceptor and it's getting power, but can't get it to "enable." The 9 pin molex from the DBA has 7 pins, the Clean Sweep has only 4: two for power, two for credit. I bought a Mars 2521 U3 which can handle $1,2,5 and the Clean Sweep can only understand $1s. Wondering if that is an issue. Also the Clean Sweep 9 pin molex only has 4 pins: two for power (which it gives the DBA) and two for credit. But the DMA has 7 pins on its harness.

Any clarity is much appreciated. Hard to find info on this. Trying to find out what would be recommended, and if a Mars VFM3-S1-U4C or VFM1-L1-U4C would work.

#7 5 years ago

Depending on validator. Some can be set for harness enable or not. And arcade/gaming or pinball.

I'd play with those settings.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks. Again. This really helped see the differences in these things. I know what I need now. Mine, of course, doesn’t have that dip switch.

#9 5 years ago

Validator probably has dip switches. You can enable or disable each denomination. Unplug and replug to set the settings

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Validator probably has dip switches.

Could be inside the validator somewhere. Search online for your make and model and see if there is a manual.

#11 5 years ago

The 2521 was intended for a vending application and doesn't have the "always enable" function on the switches. That said you can build / buy an enable plug.
    Mars Part Number: 250074011
    https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-2360-d250074011-marsmei-harness-vn-series-125-enable-jumper.aspx

Basically it ties the $1, $2 and $5 high enable lines to the out of service not line and the $1, $2 and $5 low lines to ground. Or find and AE2400 series which has the always enable function.

Pinout here: http://www.unitedchangers.com/MEI%20Series%202000%20%20Operational%20Service%20Guide.pdf

#12 5 years ago

Oh and you can use a VFM1 (which would only take $1) or a VFM3 ($1,$2 and $5) but honestly I wouldn't waste any money on them. The VFM3 hasn't been updated in years and won't take most of the newer $5's.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for the detailed info. I'm now looking for a 24_ DBA with the always enable switch. (Of course, I had to finally buy the wrong one after bidding and losing on 3 that were right!)

I thought of making the adapter but I think I can sell the DBA I have for what I paid for it. You may be able to answer one lingering question: If the Clean Sweep has a simple 2 wire credit input on the PCB, and I set the DBA to 4 pulses per dollar (two plays per $1), does it then send 20 pulses for $5 and the Clean Sweep would register that as 10 credits? Again, much appreciated for the insight.

#14 5 years ago

If you set the validator to 4 pulses per dollar it will send 20 pulses for a $5 bill. The number of credits established will be based on the machine setting for price per play (so yes if you are set for 50c a play you will get 10 credits). For a 110v validator you should have 110v ac across pins 4 and 6 (on the 9 pin molex) and your credit contacts will be on pins 7 and 8.
    Basically the validator is pretending to be a coin acceptor with the pulses representing the micro switch on the bottom of the coin acceptor closing.

Any other questions feel free to ask. If you post a picture of the front of the machine I can tell you what model you need. Most likely it's an AE2411-U5E

#15 5 years ago

I think you’re right. That’s it there at the end of the line. With an ICT I bought for $10 just to fill the hole and make it the game look better.

64C0FFA6-3769-4DE8-B225-1879F10D3668 (resized).jpeg64C0FFA6-3769-4DE8-B225-1879F10D3668 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-acceptor-general-advice?hl=felixtcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.