(Topic ID: 69624)

Bike Race owners club... all welcome, especially biker chicks!

By pinballslave

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210114_222632 (resized).jpg
20210113_100517 (resized).jpg
20210110_220223 (resized).jpg
Board set.jpg
Head side art.jpg
Upper playfield.jpg
Rule sheet.jpg
BR Backglass.jpg
Right playfield plastic with biker chick.jpg
Display pannel front.jpg
Main playfield rollovers-780.jpg
Flipper view.jpg
Main playfield rollovers.jpg
Elevated rollover playfield.jpg
Playfield players eye view.jpg
Backglass women.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I never imagined I'd be into a motor sport themed pin, but I was strangely attracted to this game... I'd be very interested to know how many are out there... I have a feeling it's a keeper

Backglass women.jpgBackglass women.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More pics:

Playfield players eye view.jpgPlayfield players eye view.jpg Elevated rollover playfield.jpgElevated rollover playfield.jpg Main playfield rollovers.jpgMain playfield rollovers.jpg Flipper view.jpgFlipper view.jpg Main playfield rollovers-780.jpgMain playfield rollovers-780.jpg Display pannel front.jpgDisplay pannel front.jpg Right playfield plastic with biker chick.jpgRight playfield plastic with biker chick.jpg
#5 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Give us a shot of the back glass of your Bike Race. I like the theme as I follow Moto GP.
Made in Spain, there was more than 343 produce with a serial number.

Thanks for the additional info on the production figures...

Here's the backglass in full:

BR Backglass.jpgBR Backglass.jpg
#6 10 years ago

And here's the cryptic instruction card that ties in with the DTs... not figured it all out yet, only played 1 game on it... the sound is pretty decent with good base... lots of bike noises as you can imagine

Rule sheet.jpgRule sheet.jpg
Upper playfield.jpgUpper playfield.jpg

Playfield needs a good clean! Looking forward to shopping this one out!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

any chance of doing a short vid

Certainly! Never done a vid before though to upload on the net... I guess using a iPad would work... Does Pinside have video loading? Edit: Need to fix all the bulbs first so it looks pretty and familiarise myself with the game so I'm not flailing around like an idiot

#9 10 years ago

More:

Head side art.jpgHead side art.jpg
Board set.jpgBoard set.jpg

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Here is the manual:

Thanks for the link to that!!

Quoted from german-pinball:

Anyone have to sell this machine? I wanna have one.

If I get bored of mine I'll let you know, although it does make a change from the machines I normally go for, so that adds something to the fascination of owning it I have to say... You can always pop over the boarder to play it

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

The IPDB entry could use a few of your photos.

I'm planning to send them the same batch that I put on the Pinside page... It takes a age for them to approve pics I've noticed!!

Quoted from viperrwk:

And if you have the ability you may want to dump the ROMs as they don't seem to be available anywhere and if one went bad you'd have yourself a very cool doorstop...

That's a good idea... always a bit scared of pulling 'em out of their sockets though... I do have a burner somewhere!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Lol, have you ever had a game that wasn't?

Plenty

Quoted from SPeD66:

I second the request for a video. A youtube search yields nada.

I'll definitely do it, when I get the game looking a bit prettier

Quoted from MattElder:

Congrats, Lee. This is the nicest one I've ever seen. Have fun!

Cheers Matt! It will clean up very nicely I think! Just a small chip out of one plastic to the right of the ramp entry... I was lucky to stumble across it! It was from the same seller that I got the Galaxy Play from!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Thanks Pinballslave. You keep showing us these great and weird games that we may not have heard about before. Most have little information too, so it helps put some info out there for them.

Always happy to spread the love for these obscure Spanish games!! The Spanish seem to be invading my collection at a growing rate of knots!! I'm soon hoping to get hold of this games younger brother; IO Moon

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Still want a KZ-26 since it's so bizarre.

I have the option to buy this game in a batch deal... I'm not that fussed about the deal to be honest, the games are:

Nautilus (Playmatic), I want this one so I can make a great one from the two I'll then have.
Odin Deluxe (already have, but again, will help improve on the one I have, not so fascinated by this title though).
Trailer
KZ-26
Star Fire

My only real interest is for the Nautilus and possibly the Odin Deluxe (although I'm not hell bent on this one)... I wouldn't buy the 5 games just for Nautilus, but if I found buyers for the others (or at least one of 'em) then it would make the deal more viable... The big snag, of course, would be the shipping cost to the US!! If you're prepared to pay this plus $700 for the game, then we could have a deal... If you want one or more of the other games, then shipping per game would be less of course... Each game is $700 (and I'm keeping the Nautilus). They're all supposed to be fully working and nice examples with great backglasses and playfields...

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

If only I had a matter teleporter

They would make this hobby a darn site easier

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You need to do some gameplay videos of some of these rare games pinballslave. Some of them we will never see/play over here!!

It'll be a great pleasure!! First I need to get the games set up and working properly... and a bit clean, and also play 'em a bit so I know how to play!! This will be a LOT easier when my games room is built!! This Bike Race is currently on its legs in my store (a rare privilege for the games in there!!)... it's very cold in there at the moment and I can only go there after the kids are in bed... It's all very 'sub-optimal' for taking vids at the moment...

Also, I was in the store the other night and I got a bit spooked!! This store is a massive factory from the communist times... ( the owner rents out areas for people to use as they wish) I was in there two nights ago at about 10:30, setting up the BR after tearing down its predecessor (Nautilus)... there was no-one else around and it was deadly silent... I then heard, very clearly, the sound of a zip... like someone getting out of a sleeping bag or zipping a jacket... I came out of my store area to see who was there, but there was no-one at all... not a sound! Now there is a store next to mine (used by some Russians) that had its door closed, so I guessed someone was sleeping in there for some reason (Russians have a different perception of life than most other human beings!), but then I realised that the main door (that leads to both my store and this one next door) was padlocked from the outside, because I had to unlock it to get in!! I suppose a guy could be sleeping there and was locked in by his buddy... but it just seemed very strange! It's also pitch black in the store and I need a torch to get there... I have a light once in my store room, but it's all a bit spooky, and to be honest I'm a bit nervous about going there after dark at the moment!!

I set out to go there last night, and my wife said that if I'm not back by 12 she'll call the police... while I was driving there I changed my mind and came home!! :-/

Quoted from spfxted:

Is the playfield a little similar to King Kong?

I suppose they both have a 'non-flippered' elevated playfield thing at the rear right... but that's kind of about it really...

7 years later
#38 3 years ago

I was searching the forum to see if there is a 'club thread' for this game and found this abandoned threat started by some dude 7 years ago... so this is probably worth keeping as the 'Bike Race owners club' thread... does it mean I have to change the title? I could be the only member anyway

Anyway, for anyone owning this game... welcome! And here's a tip for holding the playfield in the up position bearing in mind the design doesn't seem to include any kind of useful playfield support system... there's a support bar, similar to those found in many early games from Bally/Williams and Gottlieb, but when I tried resting the playfield on it, it twisting so badly that I was scared to let go of it in case it fell into the cab!

20210110_220223 (resized).jpg20210110_220223 (resized).jpg

#39 3 years ago

The stand up target to the right of the ramp entrance gets some high-impact shots and was was bent back as a result... which could have caused bad air-balls... not to mention breaking the plastic above it! After bending it back and re-gapping it I did a rather sophisticated mod to the target by wedging the closest thing to hand that seemed half suitable between the back of the target and the cut-out on the playfield... seems to keep it in place pretty well... I may decide to improve the design by adding some glue... Will see if it falls out first. This mod is not for sale, but the photo will give anyone interested a kind of 'blue print' so they can make one also...

20210113_100517 (resized).jpg20210113_100517 (resized).jpg
#40 3 years ago

Just noticed on my game that the flippers are designed differently... would be curious to know which one is the original if anyone else has this game...

20210114_222632 (resized).jpg20210114_222632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biker-chicks-are-in-da-house?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.