coincidence (resized).jpg
stern-pinball2011-10-1406-22-10600.jpg
image-912.jpg
1418572437970.jpg
Batman G.jpg
15422_06_Destruction_flipper.jpg
hair-mouth-1.jpg
throw a fit.jpg
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

Some scandals are regional. Alabama players keep coming to Atlanta and winning our IFPA tournaments. Scandalous!

#102 9 years ago

Someone made a tee shirt of Tim @ the PHOF about his double facedness and stealing parts off of machines that are not his.... These shirts were sold/given away at expo...ive seen one myself..

It says "i pulled a fast one, presto switcho" and "Tim Arnolds SWITCHEROO its a steal"

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Someone made a tee shirt of Tim @ the PHOF about his double facedness and stealing parts off of machines that are not his.... These shirts were sold/given away at expo...ive seen one myself..
It says "i pulled a fast one, presto switcho" and "Tim Arnolds SWITCHEROO its a steal"

Wow, that's low... the switcheroo that is.

#104 9 years ago

I'd say that price of MM has always been controversial, but BBB prices have been downright scandalous. $30k for NIB BBB, no thanks.

#105 9 years ago

Proposed additions:
1. Alleged International (non-US) orders to Mad Amusements
2. Alleged CCC use of materials w/o permission
3. Alleged DP sale of The Matrix machines
4. Standard Woz games shipped *before* the Emerald games were finished

How should people determine 'the biggest'?

A. Most total money absconded?
Bumper Amusements would be near the top

B. Most people screwed?
Coin-mech gate / Standards made covers - over 1,000 pre-orders
Ruby Red - slap-in-the-face to the Emerald owners - over 600 Emerald pre-orders?

C. Most distasteful
If proved, Vonnie D, or Mad Amusement allegidly taking money w/o intent to deliver

D. Biggest financial hit per a single machine not delivered?
Could be magic girl?

E. Biggest Intellectual Property Rights violation?
most units pre-sold w/o permissions
or use of property in their adversting w/o permission

F. Biggest fine/remedy issued by a court for the use of a non-licensed property?

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'd say that price of MM has always been controversial, but BBB prices have been downright scandalous. $30k for NIB BBB, no thanks.

The game isn't even that good.

#107 9 years ago

The GRC guy coming on here and making an ass of himself along with all the stupid TNT bashing.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

The GRC guy coming on here and making an ass of himself along with all the stupid TNT bashing.

either that or the bragging about how he sold that one game for 3-4X average price. don't remember the game.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

either that or the bragging about how he sold that one game for 3-4X average price. don't remember the game.

It was a Rocky for like $13k. He posted a really tasteless video bragging and basically making the buyer look like a fool.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Now now there - what did you sell your BBB for?

What about the Punk! scandal with the swapped pf and the old square toe?

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

It was a Rocky for like $13k. He posted a really tasteless video bragging and basically making the buyer look like a fool.

I believe it didn't actually come down to 13K to be fair to GRC.

#112 9 years ago

The Pinside who used to make toppers
If you ordered one and you lived in the USA, yougot it
If you lived outside the USA , you got nothing

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I believe it didn't actually come down to 13K to be fair to GRC.

Well no one knows what it actually went for. $13k was the advertised price...but even if they came down to $8k that's still a hell of a lot of money for a rocky.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Well no one knows what it actually went for. $13k was the advertised price...but even if they came down to $8k that's still a hell of a lot of money for a rocky.

It's as valuable as someone will pay, and someone paid for it.

#115 9 years ago

When I drop an important screw and can't find it, its after midnight no way to get a replacement and I've been working on the pin for 8 hrs. Biggest scandal ever for me.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

There are sooooo many things that Pinside doesn't know about that have gone down over the years.

+1

Let's keep the good stuff to ourselves.

#117 9 years ago

Threads like this that hope to perpetuate the negative and turn pinside into RGP.

#118 9 years ago

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned, "Randy Buffalo."

#119 9 years ago

From the google group pinball era, there was the C&D letters from wayno.

Then there was that company (or guy) who use to restore playfields and disappeared from the face of the earth. He had everyones playfields and no one could get a hold of him. I forget the company name. I always wondered if anyone got there playfield back.

#120 9 years ago

The pinsider that sold Tron to buy a monkey/chimp/bonobo.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

The Pinside who used to make toppers
If you ordered one and you lived in the USA, yougot it
If you lived outside the USA , you got nothing

Ah, did you get burned by this as well? If it was the same guy, took me a year to get mine - and the quality. .............. well, I'll show you some time.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

hen there was that company (or guy) who use to restore playfields and disappeared from the face of the earth. He had everyones playfields and no one could get a hold of him. I forget the company name. I always wondered if anyone got there playfield back.

Karl Zona - I luckily got my playfield back. Between that incident and my experience in the first MM remake, I learned a lot about the pinball hobby.

#123 9 years ago

yea, Karl was batshit crazy. Anyone that saw his antics on RGP, I always wondered who the hell would send their playfield to him.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Then there was that company (or guy) who use to restore playfields and disappeared from the face of the earth. He had everyones playfields and no one could get a hold of him. I forget the company name. I always wondered if anyone got there playfield back.

His name is Bill Davis.

He was the main source for playfield restoration back in the day and actually does beautiful work.

He got bombarded with playfields, then he got sick and got behind........several years behind!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-davis-today-whats-he-doing

#125 9 years ago

Not sure if this qualifies but Dito's reveal on page 10 epic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value

#126 9 years ago

Anything choggard sells

#127 9 years ago

Heh... "Pinball Scandles"
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

#128 9 years ago

Randy Buffalo shipping

#129 9 years ago

Game Plan line managers making off with parts from the factory to build machines on their own while the CEO fled the country due to pending tax evasion charges as the company was going bankrupt.

viperrwk

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

His name is Bill Davis.
He was the main source for playfield restoration back in the day and actually does beautiful work.
He got bombarded with playfields, then he got sick and got behind........several years behind!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-davis-today-whats-he-doing

Yes! That's the one I was thinking of.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

They were selling it for a customer. GRC didn't set the price. Still not sure I would pay what the seller told GRC to sell it for. I guess pins are like graded coins now. You pay more for something in better shape.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Randy Buffalo shipping

I agree with this one. I have a buddy that lost a minty WMS IJ in that debacle ...

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Firefly was great; Arrested Development was sublime.

Firelfy getting cancelled was a much bigger travesty. Hell, I'm still pissed off about it over a decade later. Arrested Development at least got three seasons, and to be honest, it was running out of steam towards the end. Firefly was yanked after only 12 episodes, and I'd still argue that it might be the best show to ever grace our television screens.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Firelfy getting cancelled was a much bigger travesty. Hell, I'm still pissed off about it over a decade later. Arrested Development at least got three seasons, and to be honest, it was running out of steam towards the end. Firefly was yanked after only 12 episodes, and I'd still argue that it might be the best show to ever grace our television screens.

yep.

we named our son Malcolm. our last name happens to be Reynolds; we couldn't resist.

(His middle name is Zefram by the way ... we are such nerds ....)

#135 9 years ago

Biggest scandal not mentioned so far? Two words:

Gary Cubeta

You old timers know what I'm talking about....

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So many people say this. I thought Firefly was OK, but I never got the outrage. I didn't watch it until after it had been cancelled, so I didn't have any emotion about its end.

I think there were many better Sci-Fi shows than this. I have to believe the early cancellation added to the infamy of the show as I just don't see how so many people think it was the best show ever. Maybe, MAYBE it would make my top 10 Sci-Fi. Not even close to top 10 all shows considered.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Biggest scandal not mentioned so far? Two words:
Gary Cubeta
You old timers know what I'm talking about....

You know, I was a active poster on RGP during that period. And my thoughts are that Gary was more of a lesson to be learned than a scandal. Someone can only upset you if you let them, a lesson that I learned by growing up with an older brother (where I had to learn how to take it), and with a younger sister (where I like to think I got pretty skilled in giving it out). The guy would post an opinion pretty strongly, and folks that didn't agree with him were almost always the ones that escalated things into nastiness. Once that pattern was established it was self-fulfilling from that point on. Certainly Gary went out of his way to keep it going, and I won't defend any of his very personal attacks on folks, but I honestly never felt like it was all him.

This same problem can be seen today on Pinside. Post something potentially negative in one of the fanboy threads and you will be treated to at least 12 angry posts, and 3 unrelated gifs. And when the potentially negative thing comes true 6 months later do any of those guys apologize for how they treated anyone? No way, when in fact folks should be able to post any opinions they want without personal attacks and backlash, this is a forum and it should be all about opinions.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

but I honestly never felt like it was all him.

Don't forget his side kick jeff reynolds. You know they were working together.

Some people just like to destroy.

Look up when gary apologized to Cliffy and Cliffy accepted it. gary immediately went after him.

#139 9 years ago

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "Scandal" but I'm sure waiting to see what comes of this Python's Pinball Circus "remake." Looks to be pretty cool.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "Scandal"

You shouldn't have posted that in this thread. Since they are doing it on their own. No up front money from buyers. etc. etc.

LTG : )™

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So many people say this. I thought Firefly was OK, but I never got the outrage. I didn't watch it until after it had been cancelled, so I didn't have any emotion about its end.

I think there were many better Sci-Fi shows than this. I have to believe the early cancellation added to the infamy of the show as I just don't see how so many people think it was the best show ever. Maybe, MAYBE it would make my top 10 Sci-Fi. Not even close to top 10 all shows considered.

Obviously, it's just my opinion, but I think Firefly was absolutely brilliant. Sadly, we'll never know how the characters and story would have evolved, but I think Joss created a wonderful tapestry with unlimited potential. I'm a sci-fi guy, and I watch all the shows, but Firefly had me hooked in a way that is very rare. The only other sci-fi shows that had close to the same impact on me were Farscape and Babylon 5.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You shouldn't have posted that in this thread. Since they are doing it on their own. No up front money from buyers. etc. etc.
LTG : )™

Yeah, you're right, Lloyd. Not really a "scandal" but still, how cool is it going to be? I'm super pumped and hope they can get a working prototype to Texas Pinball Festival this year.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't forget his side kick jeff reynolds. You know they were working together.
Some people just like to destroy.
Look up when gary apologized to Cliffy and Cliffy accepted it. gary immediately went after him.

Very true Lloyd. And for the record I was no fan of Gary or his personal attacks on you for sure. But early in the drama years with him it was obvious he was there for the attention, and there were a LOT of folks on RGP that persisted in lavishing him with the attention he sought.

#144 9 years ago

Howzabout the old DE copycat scandal?

#145 9 years ago

^^^

the desw signed backglass saga was a fun one...

#146 9 years ago

Did anyone mention the DE Star Wars signed translite sale where the guy sold it using his Dad's account or something like that?

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Did anyone mention the DE Star Wars signed translite sale where the guy sold it using his Dad's account or something like that?

pshhhh, never mind......I should have read page 3

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

His name is Bill Davis.

Bill was one of the first people to use auto clear on playfields. He did the playfield in my AFM over a decade ago and it still looks like new - and it was beat to shit when I sent it to him! Truly amazing work.

Sad that he got overwhelmed.

#149 9 years ago

Don't forget the obvious Murder of Steve Erwin' soley to prevent Crock Hunter Pin from ever seeing the light of day!!! Nanotech mind controlled Stingray with heart seeking barb, that can't be anything from nature to do that!!! Murder I tell you!!!

#150 9 years ago

The guy who had his BBB stolen from the garage.....whose fault was THAT?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pinball-scandal-of-all-time/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.