(Topic ID: 240893)

Biggest Pinball Machine Letdown vs. Biggest Surprise

By PinDoctor82

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

I just came back from MGC and I was able to play so many pins that I never really will get the chance to play in the wild.
    My biggest surprise pin is how much I love the new Black Knight game.
    I was ho-hum about a sequel as I have yet to play BK2000 and I never ever played a truly great Black Knight ever. Almost always the flippers suck for a black knight and render it unplayable. Played BK on pinball arcade and I enjoy it enough, but not a huge fan. But, then I saw the art package, heard the music, saw the gameplay and the animations.
    Just everything blew me away. And then when I played the game I got blown away yet again. Game is fast and a whole lot of fun. Really cool toy. Might be one of the best toys in the last 20 years of pinball. I only have plans for one more pin this year. And I'm waiting for Elvira 3 to make up my mind. If that is a stinker then Im going to buy a BKSR. But, ideally I'd like to buy a E3 this year and a BKSR early next year.

My biggest disappointment is the Munsters. Doesn't matter the Pro or Prem. Really wanted to love the game as I love the theme. But, while the game has great art, and while I like the concept behind the code. I haven't really enjoyed the game. The lower miniplayfield is a gimmick. Its not fun to shoot. Its a cool idea. But, the balls have no weight to them. And I just don't like it.... So maybe you'd think a pro version would be better... Only no... Because, then when you achieve Grandpa's lab there is a big whole in the code... My thoughts. Maybe a video mode instead of the lower playfield... Or maybe rather bigger balls for the lower playfield. Its a looker and I love the whole idea. Just feels cheap and is no fun for me to shoot. And as I said going with the pro. It just doesn't feel whole. Game is still fun to play. But, I don't think I will want to own on. I do hope there will be some on location for me to play. As I'll always play it when I see it in the wild.

Another minor surprise was how much I enjoyed playing ACNC. I don't think the game is a homerun. More of a double for me. But, I never got into it when I saw the streams. I like the animations and music. I thought the layout was a bit lame, and I thought the playfield was ugly. Well, I was wrong about the playfield. It looks amazing in person. The layout I still don't like. But, its a fun game to play.

Then I had a disappointment turn into a pleasant surprise. I never really got into deadpool. I thought the game had a cool theme, amazing artwork, interesting layout and playfield(katana ramp is super cool). I also like the mini deadpool ball lock feature, and I love the whole retro sprites idea and fighter game mode concept. And before MGC I believe I've played deadpool at 3 different locations and never really got into the game. Always felt clunky and missing something to me.
    But, I finally had a decent game and was able to open it up(just missed mech mb by 3 guns..GRRRRR). And I must admit I was wrong. Deadpool is a fun pin. Very fun to play. Can it be a bit clunky yes(katana ramp is just super unreliable)... But, when you get dialed into it, its super fun. I was wrong to disregard Deadpool so quickly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pinball-machine-letdown-vs-biggest-surprise?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.