Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJdamage.jpg
    hipster.jpg
    fv_vfwwckgbag.png
    Puke.jpg
    Gofer_Topper.jpg
    Topper.jpg
    251180.jpg
    243735.jpg
    greed.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warbound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

My biggest preve is buying a pin and discovering/believing a part or item is missing. I mean engineered missing, not just removed by a previous owner. An example is my Maverick. Near the flippers, the lane g.i. On both sides there is one bulb and then space for another bulb. There is even holes in the plastic lane for the bulb and a circle on the playfield for the location of it, just no hole was drilled. Drives me crazy evry time I look at it. I have other examples too but you get what I am saying I hope.

I guess Stern is not the only company that did/does cost cutting. Data East/Sega did it too.

#43 8 years ago

Drama mongers too!!!!!!!!!

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This happens on games. IJ is missing one GI bulb.
    Too many bulbs for the circuit, so they are left out so they don't blow fuses and burn up connectors.
    Might not be to save money.
    LTG : )™

Yeah I hear you bud...still does not make it right? Let's use your explanation:

Electrical Engineer to boss---"Boss, have a situation on Maverick. Bulb circuit is maxxed out.
    EE boss--- Ok. Delete one Rh and one Lh at the lane guides. I'll notify the other departments.
    Playfield cnc dept boss---Ok, no problem. I just won't drill the hole.
    Playfield template/stencil boss--- Ok, but it will cost more to redo the ink layiut to remove the circle in those two areas. Guess I will just leave it.
    Playfield plastics boss---Hmmmm, well I already ordered 5,000 lanes and shipping received them. Why do you guys always tell me after components are sourced. We can't eat 5k lane plastics. Letls hope most consumers don't notice the boo boo. Sure more than likely that one Michigan guy will notice, he is a very sharp person, ....let's hope it gets by the rest though!

Lol

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

People who want to give you bottom dollar to buy your game but want top dollar to sell theirs. Or their trade value is much higher than yours. F$&k you!

Yeah...it is not even funny!!!! Somehow, during a trade, their pin is magically worth $750 above market and your pin is $750 below market. I am dealing with an idiot trying to do this to me right now in email. I think I am going to end the communication because I am ticked off and this is not going anywhere.

1 week later
    #152 8 years ago

Working on my pin. Then put it all back together and get ready to start a game. Then notice screwdriver under PF glass on ramp...ugh! Open it up, take tool out. Put back together and get ready to play. Then notice needle nose pliers by flipper...ugh! I am terrible at clean up!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warbound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pet-peeve-about-pinball?tu=Warbound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.