Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJdamage.jpg
    hipster.jpg
    fv_vfwwckgbag.png
    Puke.jpg
    Gofer_Topper.jpg
    Topper.jpg
    251180.jpg
    243735.jpg
    greed.jpg

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Re: manual
    A lot of machines I buy don't come with the manual. I buy it from ebay for 20-40 bucks. When I sell the machine, why should I include it? Are you giving me an extra 30 bucks for it?

Games come with a manual; how YOU got it has no relationship to the *reasonable* expectation of a buyer, which is always that the manual is included (since without it fixing problems is a REAL bear.) Unless you're including unlimited on-site service, the manual is either in the game or I'm deducting not only the cost of buying one but quite a lot more since I can't start working on it productively until I find and source one, and that's not a risk-free endeavor either.

Further, I know you either (1) have it, or (2) have never worked on the game *at all.* If it's the latter my best and final offer just dropped 50% and if it's the former I know exactly what sort of businessperson you are because you've intentionally omitted it.

Incidentally, I bought a game where there was no manual, and it was #2. But the price was fair and that discount factored in and, yes, it really hadn't been worked on the entire time the guy owned it. If condition and price match, so be it, there's a transaction to be had there.

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pet-peeve-about-pinball/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.