Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJdamage.jpg
    hipster.jpg
    fv_vfwwckgbag.png
    Puke.jpg
    Gofer_Topper.jpg
    Topper.jpg
    251180.jpg
    243735.jpg
    greed.jpg
    There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

People leaving machines with a game still in progress. Pretty much only happens in places where machines are set to free play. Like, when I was at Disney Quest, nearly every time I switched to another machine, I realize someone had smashed the start button repeatedly, starting a four player game, launched one ball, and then walk away during the bonus because a pinball didn't immediately reappear in the shooter lane. So I'm left with 11 balls I need to drain, and have to sit there launching balls and letting them drain before I can start playing. Maybe I could have just shut the machine off, but I really don't know if I would have been allowed to do that.

As long as there's credits in it or it's on free play you can hold the start button for about three seconds and the machine will start a new game.

#102 8 years ago

Right

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:People who want to give you bottom dollar to buy your game but want top dollar to sell theirs. Or their trade value is much higher than yours. F$&k you!

#103 8 years ago

I don't have enough machines.

#104 8 years ago

When NAVL does this to good looking machines...IJdamage.jpgIJdamage.jpg
    Just received this today at the office.

#105 8 years ago

That really really sucks!

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from ngoett:

When NAVL does this to good looking machines...IJdamage.jpg

Ouch!! That sucks.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from ngoett:

When NAVL does this to good looking machines...IJdamage.jpg

What...the...f--k... ???

Dude...I'm SO sorry.

#108 8 years ago

Was supposed to be gone thru as it was sold to a customer but now we've got to fix this.. Fun times! Can only imagine the sound it made.

#109 8 years ago

That sucks! When I used to ship games I would removed those just for that reason.

#110 8 years ago

Wow, that really sucks, I would be sooooo burn out....

#111 8 years ago

My pet peeve?

The UMPTEEN threads on Pinside that ask you "Which is better, Pin A or Pin B?"

#112 8 years ago

Two things. People that dont put there location in the for sale thread header line and others who want to tell me "whats the real story" about whatever the latest pinball rumor is....ugh!!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#113 8 years ago

Kids who squeeze in between machines and run their mouths your whole game............gtfoh.............

#114 8 years ago

Jus curious did naval take care of the problem

Quoted from ngoett:When NAVL does this to good looking machines...IJdamage.jpg

#115 8 years ago

I was playing some public pinball machines today at several locations, and I was surprised at how many games had the pitch adjusted too steep. The screws on the bottom of the legs would be screwed all the way in on the front two legs and close to all the way out on the back. That leads to ball drains happening a lot quicker, and the flippers feel weaker because that makes the ramps steeper. Also, it's a lot harder to cradle the ball coming fast through the inlanes and just playing ball control in general. Combine that with wide open outlanes, and it's often not a pleasant experience. It's kind of a deceptive technique operators use to shorten ball times. I'm half tempted to bring a wrench with me sometime when I'm playing with a buddy. Have him hold the front of the machine up while I adjust the bottom screws down.

#116 8 years ago

That more women don't play (and thought it was cool).

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I was playing some public pinball machines today at several locations, and I was surprised at how many games had the pitch adjusted too steep. The screws on the bottom of the legs would be screwed all the way in on the front two legs and close to all the way out on the back. That leads to ball drains happening a lot quicker, and the flippers feel weaker because that makes the ramps steeper. Also, it's a lot harder to cradle the ball coming fast through the inlanes and just playing ball control in general. Combine that with wide open outlanes, and it's often not a pleasant experience. It's kind of a deceptive technique operators use to shorten ball times. I'm half tempted to bring a wrench with me sometime when I'm playing with a buddy. Have him hold the front of the machine up while I adjust the bottom screws down.

this is how most people set their games up at home. it actually makes cradling easier and it also cuts down on side to side ball movement.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

My pet peeve?
    The UMPTEEN threads on Pinside that ask you "Which is better, Pin A or Pin B?"

and 90% of those threads involve LOTR ...

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from hlazzer:

this is how most people set their games up at home. it actually makes cradling easier and it also cuts down on side to side ball movement.

On the AFM I played yesterday I'm pretty sure the slope was greater than 6.5 degrees. The level meter next to the shooter lane showed the bubble almost to the top beyond the normal range where the lines were painted.

#120 8 years ago

My pet peeve is I currently want to replace only a couple of stickers on some of my pins but all that is available to buy is the entire set for $50-$60 dollars.

I guess i could try and look at it from a positive angle... at least there are stickers available.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

On the AFM I played yesterday I'm pretty sure the slope was greater than 6.5 degrees. The level meter next to the shooter lane showed the bubble almost to the top beyond the normal range where the lines were painted.

exactly. most people crank down the front and raise the back, its pretty much normal. Heck I've seem people crank the back up and have the back legs on a 2x4 to make it even steeper.

#122 8 years ago

1) Flippers that aren't properly in line.
    2) Little kids that literally stand basically on the machine. How am I supposed to save my ball now?
    3) Claustrophobic, sweaty games rooms. At least open the doors a little bit. It's gross. All the sweatyness.
    4) Superbands. I don't care what you say, I will still dislike them.
    5) Stuff that is clearly not working, that needs to work to progress the game. 'Oh no I can't get to the wizard mode'! Well, your spinner is cracked in half, your target bank is snapped in half. I wonder why...
    6) Unlevelled machines. I can't even say more.
    7) Gross and really dusty glasses and lockdown bars (e.c.t) that have finger smudges ALL OVER THEM. UUAHEHAAKB. It's SO GREAT *maybe hypocritical, maybe not*

Danni

#123 8 years ago

Modern smd pinball machine you cant fix .
    Only buy new boards that are not cheap or in stock.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Gross and really dusty glasses and lockdown bars (e.c.t) that have finger smudges ALL OVER THEM. UUAHEHAAKB. It's SO GREAT *maybe hypocritical, maybe not*
    Danni

So much anger for a young lady.

For those who don't know, Danni is now the #2 player in NZ.

Nice one.

rd

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from Danni_NZ:

2) Little kids that literally stand basically on the machine. How am I supposed to save my ball now?

This one's my favorite. Hey, Danni...how old are you, again?

#126 8 years ago

Paying for a game over a year ago and still waiting for delivery......

#127 8 years ago

Right 100%

Quoted from hollywood:Paying for a game over a year ago and still waiting for delivery......

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

That more women don't play (and thought it was cool).

Right 100%

#129 8 years ago

House balls.

#130 8 years ago

Classified ads for non-pinball arcade machines where they put "pinball" in the title to mislead you into looking at their ad. Especially when it's not even an arcade machine, but like a gum machine or something foolish like that.

Classified ads for toys where they put "pinball" in the title to mislead you into looking at their ad for their stupid f*&king plastic toy.

#131 8 years ago

Machines that aren't leveled.

Also, machines where the only way to collect an Extra Ball is by draining down one of the lit outlanes.

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Trying to fix a minor problem and screwing thing up and making new and even worse problems.

This, why oh why don't I leave it alone and get someone who does electronics to fix it!!!

#133 8 years ago

Games on location where you can't win a game by score or even get an extra ball!
    Play 3 balls for $1.00 GAME OVER

#134 8 years ago

One of mine is when a potential buyer requests shooter lane pics. I need a really blown out stock photo to send those idiots.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

One of mine is when a potential buyer requests shooter lane pics. I need a really blown out stock photo to send those idiots.

Just wondering why you feel this way. That's usually the area that gets hammered the most. What bothers you about people asking for a pic of it?

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just wondering why you feel this way. That's usually the area that gets hammered the most. What bothers you about people asking for a pic of it?

The shooter lane is not even something that you see when you play. It doesn't affect how the pin plays. You actually have to make an effort to check it out.

My LOTR for instance, has an awful looking shooter lane but otherwise is completely gorgeous. I never even think about it. Wear in an area that you see or that has an effect on ball travel, I totally get it. But that is just a dumb thing to worry about.

#137 8 years ago

Well, that makes perfect sense...but only for you. For somebody like me, who's pretty anal about his machines and considers them functional works of art, how it looks throughout is pretty important. My Congo has three flaws--three!--but I know exactly where they are, I think about them all the time, and it pisses me off.

I know...it's a curse. But that doesn't make people like me "idiots."

I totally get your opinion, though!

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

The shooter lane is not even something that you see when you play. It doesn't affect how the pin plays. You actually have to make an effort to check it out.
    My LOTR for instance, has an awful looking shooter lane but otherwise is completely gorgeous. I never even think about it. Wear in an area that you see or that has an effect on ball travel, I totally get it. But that is just a dumb thing to worry about.

You don't see the shooter lane every ball starts there. And you have to make an effort to check it out, it's right there to see. You are right that it does not really affect play, but if it's beat your better be looking closer at the rest of the game since it's had a lot of plays.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawksfan:

You don't see the shooter lane every ball starts there. And you have to make an effort to check it out, it's right there to see. You are right that it does not really affect play, but if it's beat your better be looking closer at the rest of the game since it's had a lot of plays.

If the rest of the game is great looking who cares. I tell you what, if you guys are buying one of my games and you request shooter lane pics I will send you an extra special pic!!

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that makes perfect sense...but only for you. For somebody like me, who's pretty anal about his machines and considers them functional works of art, how it looks throughout is pretty important. My Congo has three flaws--three!--but I know exactly where they are, I think about them all the time, and it pisses me off.
    I know...it's a curse. But that doesn't make people like me "idiots."
    I totally get your opinion, though!

Boob, you are no idiot. Maybe anal though. But hey, I'm no sex therapist. Who am I to say?

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

If the rest of the game is great looking who cares. I tell you what, if you guys are buying one of my games and you request shooter lane pics I will send you an extra special pic!!

If the rest of the game I'd good does matter, but if the lane is beat you know to look even more carefully for other issues. Not just art, if it had that much play are the posts still solid or lose from the holes being elongated, take a deeper look at hidden areas to see of they are good or not, check closer for missing nuts under the pf that can cause the holes to elongate, etc. It's just a warning sign like a check engine light, means nothing on it's own means a lot in context.

#142 8 years ago

Not having every game ever made..... just grinds my gears! FG reference.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Im officially requesting shooter lane pics of every game you sell in the future. Thank You.

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Im officially requesting shooter lane pics of every game you sell in the future. Thank You.

Be careful what you wish for, Flank...

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that makes perfect sense...but only for you.

Not only to him.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

People leaving machines with a game still in progress.

I do this deliberately at my local arcade. I often like to leave a free credit for someone else to play. So I leave Ball 1 of a new game in the shooter lane ready to play so that a kid who hasn't played pinball before can walk up and have a free game. Noobs don't know if pinballs have credits on them, and some even don't know how to start a game. So starting the game and leaving the ball in the shooter lane hopefully means someone who wasn't going to play it anyway has a free go.

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not only to him.

Remind me never to buy machines from you guys.

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Remind me never to buy machines from you guys.

Ha...we wouldn't allow you in the door!

#149 8 years ago

LEDs in the playfield on EM games. The ball now has a "disco strobe" effect on it!

#150 8 years ago

Cleaning my wife's ass marks off the glass after a really good game. Hehe.

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pet-peeve-about-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.