Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tickerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJdamage.jpg
    hipster.jpg
    fv_vfwwckgbag.png
    Puke.jpg
    Gofer_Topper.jpg
    Topper.jpg
    251180.jpg
    243735.jpg
    greed.jpg
    There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 8 years ago

Mine is I can't stand scratch glass

#2 8 years ago

Games that are beat to hell and unplayable in the wild. The excitement of finding one unexpectedly than the total let down of it being a POS.

#3 8 years ago

not having one to play

#4 8 years ago

Hahaha right

Quoted from TaylorVA:not having one to play

#5 8 years ago

The prices

#6 8 years ago

True that

#7 8 years ago

Pre-order unreliability.

#8 8 years ago

You never win... You just try to play as long as you can. Kind of like life, I guess.

#9 8 years ago

Misaligned flippers and slings that don't kick

#10 8 years ago

Trying to fix a minor problem and screwing thing up and making new and even worse problems.

Prices! Prices!

Opposite-- believing a huge or difficult fix is needed, getting a great suggestion from Pinside and getting an issue fixed quickly!

#11 8 years ago

"weiner"/weak flipper.

#12 8 years ago

The bitching and the moaning.

#13 8 years ago

#2: Getting my ass kicked by games on a regular basis.

#14 8 years ago

Properly shopping them

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Games that are beat to hell and unplayable in the wild. The excitement of finding one unexpectedly than the total let down of it being a POS.

LOL, happened to me just today. Found a brand new location I had never been and a very rare game I had never played before and I get all excited. I pay for three games and soon realize that the right flipper rubber has broken off and is laying in the inlane, the left flipper has a bad tendency to "stick" in the up position, and there is no sound or music from the machine whatsoever. I truly wish more operators would take pride in their machines which are out there for the public to play. I know there are great operators out there, but unfortunately there are far too many which expect people to pay money for essentially nothing. It's not that big of a deal to me personally because I know of other places to find good games and I can just avoid that machine in the future. However, what does bother me is knowing there are tons of first-time players whose only experience with a pinball machine turns out to be a bad experience, so they don't ever want to try it again.

#17 8 years ago

It's too easy to short stuff when working on them! Haha.

#18 8 years ago

people that make you wear gloves to play !

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

people that make you wear gloves to play !

You're kidding, right?

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Trying to fix a minor problem and screwing thing up and making new and even worse problems.

The story of my life.

And...playing a machine with burned out, dim or flickering bulbs.

E

#20 8 years ago

that even the beat up pinball machines are priced to expensive, its nearly impossible to buy a nice project because people want big bucks for them an don't understand how much money it will take to get it up an running an looking good again, knowing that your going to run at a loss, which is ok for the love of it , but not all the time, so another pin sits in a dusty shed never to played or seen again..

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You're kidding, right?

E

if only!

#22 8 years ago

People that are too rough on the machine. There is nudging and then there is beating up someone elses machine. I saw a guy get pissed and pick up the front of the machine 2 inches off the floor and drop it in frustration. I was appauled, but everyone around acted like it was normal tournament behavior. It pissed me off and it wasnt even my machine. Respect man, its only pinball.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The bitching and the moaning.

Were you playing pinball with my wife????

#25 8 years ago

Not having enough space!

#26 8 years ago

Half-coded games. And the manufacturers that believe the practice is acceptable. Might as well ship a game with the ramps and flippers missing.

#27 8 years ago

Low volume on location games. They are about as enjoyable as watching a muted movie.

#29 8 years ago

Too much focus on the $$$.....

#30 8 years ago

Moving them, lower level SS or DMD games priced way too expensive, project games priced way too expensive as Whisper said above, etc. I think we all have the same issues. I wonder if my health insurance covers "pinball therapy"? It would be great if we could just weed out all the scammers in this hobby and take their games, procure all the lost machines in basements, garages and sheds, and redistribute them to the decent people in the hobby. Then we could all just sell/trade amongst each other when we wanted something fresh to play.

#31 8 years ago

That broken part that nobody has in stock or is unavailable.

#32 8 years ago

That could have two meanings. It could be "greed". Or it could be when people replace bulbs with non-matching colors / temperatures. I'm assuming its the bulb one and that drives me nuts too.

#33 8 years ago

Kaneda

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

That broken part that nobody has in stock or is unavailable.

Unobtainium

#35 8 years ago

Posting a want ad looking for a particular game,
    Seller responds to that want ad saying they have game for sale,
    Someone else reaches out to that seller and secures a deal before original poster can.

Argh, lesson learned.

#36 8 years ago

Incorrect screws. Drives me nuts tearing apart a game and finding all the BS hardware that the previous owners used because they didn't have the correct parts.

#37 8 years ago

Runnin out of Beer before the game is over...

#38 8 years ago

My biggest preve is buying a pin and discovering/believing a part or item is missing. I mean engineered missing, not just removed by a previous owner. An example is my Maverick. Near the flippers, the lane g.i. On both sides there is one bulb and then space for another bulb. There is even holes in the plastic lane for the bulb and a circle on the playfield for the location of it, just no hole was drilled. Drives me crazy evry time I look at it. I have other examples too but you get what I am saying I hope.

I guess Stern is not the only company that did/does cost cutting. Data East/Sega did it too.

#39 8 years ago

selling in the summer

#40 8 years ago

Pins that are egregiously misrepresented by sellers. I accept the fact that a twenty or thirty year-old pin is going to have imperfections, not all of which are noted (and some of which might take me months to discover once I get the pin), but deliberate deception is another matter entirely.

#41 8 years ago

That we no longer live in the golden age of pinball

A time where there was 3 arcades in town
    A time where there there was three main manufactures, each bring out a new game every two months

And games were 5 balls for 20c

#42 8 years ago

Pinside is great, but it's also the worst.
    The whinning, the crying, the toppers, the diaper rubbers, the clown puking, the nonsense arguments, the non tilters, the "not on my machiners"... almost all of that is only here.

#43 8 years ago

Drama mongers too!!!!!!!!!

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinside is great, but it's also the worst.
    The whinning, the crying, the toppers, the diaper rubbers, the clown puking, the nonsense arguments, the non tilters, the "not on my machiners"... almost all of that is only here.

What do you have against toppers? I think some of them are pretty cool looking.

#45 8 years ago

Not enough games out in the wild. (Around here). Like it was before 1990.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

What do you have against toppers? I think some of them are pretty cool looking.

Yeah, c'mon! Nothing wrong with a great topper!

243735.jpg243735.jpg

251180.jpg251180.jpg

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Warbound:

I mean engineered missing, not just removed by a previous owner. An example is my Maverick. Near the flippers, the lane g.i. On both sides there is one bulb and then space for another bulb. There is even holes in the plastic lane for the bulb and a circle on the playfield for the location of it, just no hole was drilled.

This happens on games. IJ is missing one GI bulb.

Too many bulbs for the circuit, so they are left out so they don't blow fuses and burn up connectors.

Might not be to save money.

LTG : )™

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Nothing wrong with a great topper!

Topper.jpgTopper.jpg

#49 8 years ago

VUK designs that end up shooting the ball SDTM when not perfectly set up (AFM, KISS, TZ,etc) - a simple 3 second ball save added to the code to at least save the ball when the game is out of whack would be simple and nice.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Yeah, c'mon! Nothing wrong with a great topper!
    243735.jpg
    251180.jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-teed-off-topper#post-2381206

Gofer Topper.jpgGofer Topper.jpg

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-pet-peeve-about-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.