(Topic ID: 163771)

biggest lies from EM sellers

By 1974DeltaQueen

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

misunderstanding_(resized).png
    app_(resized).JPG
    rusted_pinball_machine__(resized).jpg
    otakufakead_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

How can you guys miss the biggest one?

"They only made 3500 of them, RARE find..."

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeNewberry:

I was trying to negotiate for a Williams Dealer's Choice and was told:
    "You aren't going to low ball us, we know this is worth a lot of money."
    My most hated phrase of all, and its many permutations, goes like this, "On American Pickers/Pawnstars/Storage Wars/Super Auction TV Reality Extravaganza/Etc., we saw a pinball machine valued at $10,000. You aren't going to trick us into letting this go for anything less than that."
    I was trying, yet again, to get a Dealer's Choice. I asked if the seller could knock a little off the already too high price because we'd be traveling hundreds of miles to get the game. He informed me that he wouldn't subsidize anyone's travel and that he would have no problem selling his antique game for whatever price he wanted, with or without us.

I'd bet it's still sitting exactly where it was when you walked.

Price is a funny thing. The value of something is what the buyer and seller agree that it is. So there truly isn't a "too high" price if the game actually sells. Sure it causes us who don't want to pay what we consider overpriced for a game, but you have to consider that P.T. Barnum has been proven correct for ages.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biggest-lies-from-em-sellers?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.