• Latest reply 3 months ago by Rob-Rock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 months ago

Have a Bally 1970 Big Valley with weak flippers 184-268 . Should i replace them with the standard replacement on marco or is there a stronger coil i can get , and does anyone recommend going to a stronger coil ?

#2 3 months ago

Have you rebuilt the mechanics on the flippers yet - new plungers, pawls, bushings, springs etc.

It is almost always mechanical/electrical issues that make them feel weak. It is very unlikely you need a new coil unless someone replaced them with the wrong part.

#3 3 months ago

Bally EM are not set up to be at a steep angle.
Use 2" max feet levelers.

#4 3 months ago

Start here if you think it's your flippers:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/BFKIT74

pasted_image (resized).png
#5 3 months ago

all the parts are clean and work freely . i have two of these machines and was gonna buy coils because one is weak but really would like to know if there is a stronger coil and if anyone has put stronger coils on them before i buy some , thanks for info.

#6 3 months ago

Clean and free doesn't really mean a lot in this case. All of the mechanical parts develop wear and you can lose significant power if there is play in the bushings or in the connection between the plunger and the pawl/crank, or has worn plunger or sleeves.

Could also be dirty/bad EOS switches if they are normally closed style.

If you have 2 of the machines, why does one have weak flippers and the other doesn't? It's not the coils. Coils either work or they don't. They don't loose power over time. The machines' flippers are different because of different amounts of wear / maintenance on the flipper parts.

Have you rebuilt flippers before? It's easy and the results can be stunning on old games like these.

#7 3 months ago

Weak flippers on older ballys can also be issues with bad connectors, bad fuse holders, or dirty contacts in the relays.

#8 3 months ago

just have one weak flipper but mainly wanted to know if anyone knows of a stronger coil and or has used them before i buy original.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.99
Cabinet Parts
Troxel Repair
Cabinet parts
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!