Hello All - another project machine for me, and this one is a lot of clean-up. The playfield was really dirty, and looked like it hadn't been touched in a really long time. That being said, the steppers, relays, plungers and score reels all seem to move well, so that's a plus. Here's a breakdown of what I know so far, I could use some advice on what to do next. For reference, schematic can be found on IPDB here: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/289/Big_Valley_Schematic.pdf
Note: I've gone through and cleaned the switches on everything (some after I took a few of these pictures)
1) Powering on machine and pressing the Left Flipper turns on GI and Lock Relay engages and holds. Game Over Light is on. "1 Can Play" is lit. Player 1 score reels are lit up, others are dark. Ball Count Unit is at position zero/reset.
2) Credits have been manually added to the game. Coin switches do not do anything. Start/Reset button does not do anything.
3) Manually triggering the Reset Relay causes all the score reels to reset to zero.
4) Manually triggering Coin Relay causes Reset Relay to pull and score reels to reset to zero.
5) Manually triggering the 2nd Coin Chute or 3rd Coin Chute relays causes Game Over light to go out, Ball In Play 1 light to come on, and activates playfield scoring, flippers, etc. for Player 1. '
6) Credit Relay does nothing. Note, I believe one of the switches may be out of alignment, not sure (see pic). I thought that all 3 switches were designed to be normally open, and only close when the Relay engages. However, it looks like the switch to the far left in the photo is closed. When the relay is manually triggered, the switch stays closed because of how it is bent. Can someone take a look at the schematic and tell me if the switch should be normally open or closed? Normally I reference the manual for this, but I do not have it.
Some things of note:
A) The Game Over relay is a style I have not had before. Normally these are simply latch/trip style relays on my other games. It appears that this is still the case, however the design of this Game Over Relay is new to me. I've included a picture below for reference.
B) The 2nd Coin Chute coil is missing completely, as shown in the picture.
Quick Edit: I'm home today with the machine all day, so I can work on it relatively live. I'll keep an eye for replies and try to get back quickly.