HGTH.jpg
H..jpg
street_dancing_11.jpg
Cheerleader2.JPG
Cheerleader1.JPG
Moo.jpg
Thank you.jpg
Dreams come true.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It's only negative because it doesn't match up with your thinking. Its a forum. You'll get positive comments, negative comments... open your mind. Accept all views and don't take things so seriously... It'll be ok, I promise.

Like you said, we'll never know until it happens yet some are promoting Rick for President! C'mon man. It's all fine and dandy if it matches your way of thinking but if it goes against you... you can't take it? Deep breath dude...

185425_10150248670160678_4010675_n.jpg185425_10150248670160678_4010675_n.jpg

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seems the other manufactures are selling pins at the 8k level too. Are they doing it for the good of pinball? Seems the goal of most companies is to make money. PPS is doing MM's NIB about 2k under what routed ones were selling for. Maybe thats what everyone is excited about.

I am with Pimp77 on this one. Although I am glad Rick is doing it and I have purchased one, I don't see the need to treat him like a god for copying a game. You might as well worship the Chinese lady in the flea market selling reproduction Gucci sunglasses. The other companies are charging 8k for theirs because they paid a staff to create a new design and to program it from scratch, ect..... They have A LOT more over head then Rick would just reproducing/copying an already existing game with an already existing game code, WAY less over head there. He is charging 8k because he can, not for the greater good of all of us. Am I willing to pay it, of course, because it is the cheapest I can get a MM for, but I'm certainly not going to bow down and worship him for profiteering on an already existing game design.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know that.
Rick has costs too. Using Mirco's art work, pay Chicago Gaming to assemble ( they have factory, train staff, and want a profit), more to Williams than their current parts deal. Redesign board to run it, design new driver boards, design new lighting, design new harnesses. Make and store parts for 1,000+ machines.
Rick could easily have higher production costs than existing factories.
I'm not asking anyone to bow down to him. I would ask that people that love pinball, at least appreciate someone trying once again to make pinball a little bit better.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I hope all the manufacturers make a lot of money. So that we keep seeing new pins.

This is true, I don't know what Rick's over head is at all. It was just an assumption on my part. I am glad I can buy a MM for under 10k as well, but the point I was trying to make was some people are going WAY overboard and treating him like the next coming of Christ, and this is not the case.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I do. That bitch is hot.

LOL. Nothing like a little Asian persuasion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thank-you-to-rick-and-planitary-pinball-for-the-mm-remake?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.