HGTH.jpg
H..jpg
street_dancing_11.jpg
Cheerleader2.JPG
Cheerleader1.JPG
Moo.jpg
Thank you.jpg
Dreams come true.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from GoChiefs70:

The argument between "players" and "collectors" will rage on, and speculation on demand and price for original versus remakes. Only time will tell, but I see both sides and it will be interesting to see. While many say publicly they don't care about price, that they are in it for the playing and fun, almost everyone cares some about the price at some gut level. Even if you do not intend to ever sell, you still have a mental figure in your head what it is worth in an emergency, etc, and anyone would naturally be disappointed if that number fell (not saying it has fallen, can't tell by what's still for sale). Imagine the riots if MMR new price goes down to $4000 to unload a glut of leftover machines when demand dies down in a couple of years. Or if Stern remade a bunch of Tron LEs for $6000 after seeing this.

I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden..

I'm one of those guys that says they don't care about the value of their collection. In fact I hope it goes down considerably and if MMrs were closing out at 4K in a year or two, that's fine with me (and I'm in for one). Now why would I make such a seemingly indefensible statement? Because ever since the great "pinflation" my collection has suffered from stagnation. I am NOT going to sell my minty games for the stupid money they will bring because I would never BUY the same game at that price. My personal threshold for a top price I'll ever pay for a pinball (a box to bang a ball bearing around in) has been reached and exceeded. My priorities won't allow me to pay $12k for a pinball machine.

Now if I could only get 1/2 market value for my collector quality TZ or HUO TSPP or LOTR, that would mean I could BUY a machine in similar condition for the same money. All of a sudden I'm back trading out and trading up pins every 4 or 6 months like the good old days when HUOs were 3K.

Before anyone starts asking to buy my HUO games for 3K, offer yours up for that price first.

Worse things could happen than a flood of good product at low profit margin. The consumers win in that scenario.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thank-you-to-rick-and-planitary-pinball-for-the-mm-remake?tu=john_in_nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.