HGTH.jpg
H..jpg
street_dancing_11.jpg
Cheerleader2.JPG
Cheerleader1.JPG
Moo.jpg
Thank you.jpg
Dreams come true.jpg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

I can't quote on my phone but wanted to point out how important words are when used and when left out.

I KNOW this was not PPS intent in his post but I thought it was funny reading "if the project were to fall apart for any reason,we are doing what we can do to keep the customer getting stuck with the tab."

that just doesn't sound very reassuring!

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It must have something to do with the shipper. I contacted my distrib and he had never heard of this before.

Could be. Could also be the credit card company.

Either way, it sucks but a lot of states are cracking down on use tax to bring in more revenue. Someone buying a NIB pinball machine from out of state is a perfect target.

#153 10 years ago

I'm sure anything I say will be pulled in all directions. We know most of the details from the 'bad' situations with people holding money, etc. We are pulling in all of the deposits which we have in one bank account. We are also working with a well capitalized company. In addition, we are intent on keeping any of our distributors aligned on the deposits, the retail price (as best we can influence that), etc. That is what was meant.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm sure anything I say will be pulled in all directions. We know most of the details from the 'bad' situations with people holding money, etc. We are pulling in all of the deposits which we have in one bank account. We are also working with a well capitalized company. In addition, we are intent on keeping any of our distributors aligned on the deposits, the retail price (as best we can influence that), etc. That is what was meant.

Rick you are your partner have such a solid reputation in this industry that I don't think anyone is even questioning this aspect of the remake. But if you really wanted to keep things above-board setting a project "drop dead" date and sticking to it would go a long way toward rinsing any bad tastes out of folk's mouths from the first (and still ongoing) debacle which was MMR #1. Basically, if we haven't delivered MMR #2 Serial #0001 by X date the project is cancelled and the monies are returned.

#155 10 years ago

And why on earth would that be a good thing ... that would insure that nothing happens as committments for parts, etc happens in waves, so we go spend $1M and if the project lags by a week because a supplier provides a part that is made wrong and it delays things, then we just throw the money and just cancel the project ... I don't think there is a sour taste in many's mouths and if there is then they are better off purchasing in the secondary market after it is built and then the sour taste will not be there. If people want to go along with this product we are by no means forcing them to do so.

#156 10 years ago

also, we are trying to underpromise and overdeliver as opposed to the other way around

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Also, we are trying to underpromise and overdeliver as opposed to the other way around.

This is always the best way to do business.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

And why on earth would that be a good thing ... that would insure that nothing happens as committments for parts, etc happens in waves, so we go spend $1M and if the project lags by a week because a supplier provides a part that is made wrong and it delays things, then we just throw the money and just cancel the project ... I don't think there is a sour taste in many's mouths and if there is then they are better off purchasing in the secondary market after it is built and then the sour taste will not be there. If people want to go along with this product we are by no means forcing them to do so.

Fair enough. In the post I quoted before it seemed like you were looking for ways to appear transparent. I only offered a humble suggestion.

So then your project could technically drag out for an extended period of years before the first machine is produced?

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Fair enough. In the post I quoted before it seemed like you were looking for ways to appear transparent. I only offered a humble suggestion.
So then your project could technically drag out for an extended period of years before the first machine is produced?

This kind of speculation just stirs the pot. There are well over 1,000 people committed to purchase who aren't concerned about that scenario. ANYTHING can happen, but I prefer to be a glass-half-full kinda guy...

#160 10 years ago

Technically the world may end, technically anything can happen. I think anyone trying to get something done is not really focused on the negative scenarios, so it's not really constructive.

I'm pretty agressive and impatient about getting things done, I think this is probably the quality that people can appreciate ...

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

This kind of speculation just stirs the pot. There are well over 1,000 people committed to purchase who aren't concerned about that scenario. ANYTHING can happen, but I prefer to be a glass-half-full kinda guy...

Your counterparts 7 years ago felt the same way

I'm not stirring any pots, I'm just mentioning if there are any provisions in this project for the highly unlikely event of a failure. Rick has been very firm and careful to distance himself from the past debacle and I can understand why he would want to do that, but the best way to truly differentiate what you are doing from "that guy" would be to say something up front to the effect of "My project will not drag on for 7 years with no product delivery". Or "If we haven't shipped the first game by January 1st, 2016 then I will offer refunds to anyone wanting out". As it stands it is another open-ended project which have had a mixed history of success in the past.

If you have a deposit with Wayne still today you can call him up and ask for a refund on it. Of all the terms of this new deal I found it curious that there is a really limited period of time folks on the buying side of the equation can ask for a refund (up until WMS approval), but there is no reciprocal provision for failure to deliver the goods in a timely manner.

#162 10 years ago

Right now all deposits are refundable. At some point they won't be, but it appears that point is when the games are starting to enter production or at least parts are being ordered in quantity. Once the games are entering production, there are a lot less unknowns regarding the release.

It's dumb to have a drop dead date on the project. Once the game has been finalized, the delays won't be years, weeks at the worst unless they messed something up bad. And up until then, you just ask for your money back.

Technically though, you are right. Anything can happen at any time, but based on your train of thought, this project might not be something for you.

Quoted from viper001:

I'm not stirring any pots, I'm just mentioning if there are any provisions in this project for the highly unlikely event of a failure. Rick has been very firm and careful to distance himself from the past debacle and I can understand why he would want to do that, but the best way to truly differentiate what you are doing from "that guy" would be to say something up front to the effect of "My project will not drag on for 7 years with no product delivery". Or "If we haven't shipped the first game by January 1st, 2016 then I will offer refunds to anyone wanting out". As it stands it is another open-ended project which have had a mixed history of success in the past.

If you have a deposit with Wayne still today you can call him up and ask for a refund on it. Of all the terms of this new deal I found it curious that there is a really limited period of time folks on the buying side of the equation can ask for a refund (up until WMS approval), but there is no reciprocal provision for failure to deliver the goods in a timely manner.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's dumb to have a drop dead date on the project.

If the project is assumed to be the success that everyone is expecting, how could having this be "dumb"? It costs nothing. Delays nothing. Could be padded sufficiently to allow for reasonable production delays. And all it would do is lend additional credibility to this project over the previous failure. And by your reasoning would never have to be activated anyway...

#164 10 years ago

What if after all the pads, the project just needed one week past the date? No matter what date was picked, it would be arbitrary. As long as people can get their money back until everything is set and potential delays are minimized, is that a bad thing? I'm asking sincerely.

Once the game is approved, the parts are lined up, the line is set and everything is ready to go, barring incompetence, it's hard to imagine any delays that would put them much past the 3 month window given.

Right now, the minimum goal is to ship 1 game by June 30th at the latest.

Quoted from viper001:

If the project is assumed to be the success that everyone is expecting, how could having this be "dumb"? It costs nothing. Delays nothing. Could be padded sufficiently to allow for reasonable production delays. And all it would do is lend additional credibility to this project over the previous failure. And by your reasoning would never have to be activated anyway...

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What if after all the pads, the project just needed one week past the date? No matter what date was picked, it would be arbitrary. As long as people can get their money back until everything is set

Re-check the terms of the agreement. Deposits are only refundable until WMS gives their approval. Not when parts have been ordered, or production started, or anything else you assumed further up. The last guy came to the table with WMS approval, and also managed to order a great many parts, but there was never any further movement to actually start production.

But to answer your question, in the event of a week delay, Rick could state that and give folks the option to stay or drop. If that really were the scenario I would guess most folks would stay. But wouldn't that kind of communication and honesty be welcome? Would your enjoyment of receiving the game be diminished if the guy that built it had given such a guarantee while it was being built?

#166 10 years ago

Why even debate him. Orders are in and all is well. He can buy one or not. Preorder or if he has doubts but one when they are in regular production as they will keep being made . It's that simple.

#167 10 years ago

No one has more "Luck" than the Colts!

tempDSC_7636--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPGtempDSC_7636--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
#168 10 years ago

Agreed. More importantly; we're not being asked to bankroll it getting off the ground. I have zero concerns on completion. PPS has already leveraged their own money and are not asking for a dime more than the deposit until 2 weeks before delivery. Non issue for me.

#169 10 years ago

What was said was the deposit is fully refundable up thru WMS approval at which time the parts would be started to be converting into games. Additionally it was stated that if the project were to be cancelled for any reason that people would get their deposits back. I think again, if you are unhappy with any aspect I'd much prefer that instead of trying to engineer how we run this project that you simply ignore it ...

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

What was said was the deposit is fully refundable up thru WMS approval at which time the parts would be started to be converting into games. Additionally it was stated that if the project were to be cancelled for any reason that people would get their deposits back. I think again, if you are unhappy with any aspect I'd much prefer that instead of trying to engineer how we run this project that you simply ignore it ...

amen.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

and if the project were to fall apart for any reason, we are doing what we can do to keep the customer getting stuck with the tab.

Is a word missing here?

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is a word missing here?

Nope, those words are there on purpose.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is a word missing here?

Wasn't that already addressed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thank-you-to-rick-and-planitary-pinball-for-the-mm-remake/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.