Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Incognito
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tempDSC_7636--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
chuck.jpg
image-630.jpg
Cheerleader7.jpg
Cheerleader8.jpg
185425_10150248670160678_4010675_n.jpg
image-737.jpg
Ron.jpg
HGTH.jpg
H..jpg
street_dancing_11.jpg
Cheerleader2.JPG
Cheerleader1.JPG
Moo.jpg
Thank you.jpg
Dreams come true.jpg

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago

The only thing that would make this better is if Lloyd showed up to help set it up!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He was even selling blank MM playfields. They had inserts but no silkscreening.

I saw those, and Rick would not be using those anyways. I was talking about the troll mechs, troll heads, castles, etc..., that were shown to potential investors.

Doesn't matter. Rick bought the rights and it is finally going to get done, so it is all good. If he builds a great machine, it will be good for everybody.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The only thing that would make this better is if Lloyd showed up to help set it up!

I'll be there for tech support.

LTG : )

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm really happy about the remake but not happy about the almost identical unlimited standards.

Why one and not the other?

#55 5 years ago

Worried that I may lose some of my 8k plus there's now nothing really limited or special about the le's. still hoping though that they add something to the le to make it different and more desirable.

#56 5 years ago

Worried that I may lose some of my 8k

If you're getting a machine that you enjoy to play, then you are losing nothing. Machine purchases should be made based upon the value of enjoyment that you have with them, not from "an investment" point of view.

#57 5 years ago

USA needs someone like Rick for President. He would get in there and get things done.

3 cheers for Rick.

#58 5 years ago

Worried that I may lose some of my 8k plus there's now nothing really limited or special about the le's. still hoping though that they add something to the le to make it different and more desirable.

Easiest way would be to put an original in the box.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

USA needs someone like Rick for President. He would get in there and get things done.
3 cheers for Rick.

Let's not put the cart before the horse. He is the one that created breaking away lightning flippers and silly bands. I hope try turn out great and everyone loves their pin hut PPS has exactly been rolling out the quality products lately.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

3 cheers for Rick.

Really, all he has done is say he is going to make a pinball machine. Wait till its done and see how good it is before hailing him a hero.

#61 5 years ago

I for one am very happy they are making it. They certainly seem to have a good plan and if the quality is there, everyone should be happy. I hope they make a good profit on it and are able to produce other games just like this. I'm buying it to play and enjoy it. An investment is the last thing I'm looking at with it and when I'm done with it, my 12 year old son has already said "dad your never selling that game. I'm taking it when your done with it".

He loves playing pinball as much as I do. I think that's what makes me enjoy this hobby even more.

#62 5 years ago

You really think these are going to go up in value or even stay the same price???

#63 5 years ago

No I don't think they will go up but it would be nice if they stayed close to 8k.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You really think these are going to go up in value or even stay the same price???

Who cares if they go up in value or drop in price, I'm buying one because its one of the best pinballs ever made and has always been too expensive for me to own one in the past.

My first NIB pinball.

#65 5 years ago

Ya know, I might be set a wee bit upset too if I saw one of my pins drop a nice chunk overnight too, but I guaranfuckintee Teekee and a handful of other MM owners would have been dancing in the F'n streets had the situation been reversed, and let's say hypothetically a warehouse with 100 MMs burned to the ground. The thought process would have only been.."Sweet! Less supply = higher profit margin"

To stay on topic, thanks Rick! Finally able to score the one machine my lady really loves and I thought I would never be able to afford.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I guaranfuckintee Teekee and a handful of other MM owners would have been dancing in the F'n streets had the situation been reversed, and let's say hypothetically a warehouse with 100 MMs burned to the ground.

Me and the homies after hearing the news...

street_dancing_11.jpg

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Finally able to score the one machine my lady really loves and I thought I would never be able to afford.

You didn't get your lady a fake diamond ring as well did you?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

street_dancing_11.jpg 33 KB

I got my old lady some fake jewellery, she doesn't know any different, looks the same for her, she loves it and loves me for buying it for her.

I couldn't afford the real stuff, what was I suppose to do, least she's happy and I'm happy.

What are you going to call me for wanting a pinball thats not the real deal but all I can afford, A loser, I suppose.

Least I'm a happy loser in life and not going to die worrying about my overpriced pinball investment.

Get over it guys.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Geez, teekee we get it, now go peddle your negativism somewhere else. It's real old. You sound like a broken record that everyone is tired of. If that is how you want to get attention, it ain't working well. Be positive, and be happy for folks. It will come off much better. And no, no-one is stalking you. It is not about you.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

What are you going to call me for wanting a pinball thats not the real deal but all I can afford, A loser, I suppose..

Nope, I won't resort to personal attacks like some of ya. Now take a deep breath and relax. This really isn't all that serious...

If someone is calling me out by name I will respond... even if they don't call me out by name I'll probably respond.

Quoted from Hitch9:

If that is how you want to get attention, it ain't working well.

Could'a fooled me...

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Geez, teekee we get it, now go peddle your negativism somewhere else. It's real old. You sound like a broken record that everyone is tired of. If that is how you want to get attention, it ain't working well. Be positive, and be happy for folks. It will come off much better. And no, no-one is stalking you. It is not about you.

I have to agree. This Teekee is the most negative guy. He is desperate for attention!
Best way is to just ignore his petty ramblings. He just can"t face it that the MMR or MMRLE is going to be a great success and the original is going to take a little hit in value. It's progress. Even Brian Eddy wanted to do a sequel.
This isn't a sequel but I believe it's going to be an improvement over the original. Hell you never know. It just may play better than the original. Let's keep our fingers crossed Rick does a bang up job on this remake and then there maybe other titles added to the mix. I really think this is great for pinball!

#71 5 years ago

No I don't think they will go up but it would be nice if they stayed close to 8k.

The only way they will retain their value is if Rick puts through a price increase after a certain date or eliminates the double clear after a certain date............For all of our sakes I hope he does. $8500 for a new standard will keep our value in check.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

This Teekee is the most negative guy.

It's only negative because it doesn't match up with your thinking. Its a forum. You'll get positive comments, negative comments... open your mind. Accept all views and don't take things so seriously... It'll be ok, I promise.

Quoted from Nilroc:

Hell you never know. It just may play better than the original.

Like you said, we'll never know until it happens yet some are promoting Rick for President! C'mon man. It's all fine and dandy if it matches your way of thinking but if it goes against you... you can't take it? Deep breath dude...

#73 5 years ago

H..jpg HGTH.jpg Ron.jpg
#74 5 years ago

I don't give two craps if it loses value or stays on par with a standard with a shaker motor. In somewhere early-ish in the LE run. I hope everyone and their mother gets a chance to buy one that wants one, that millions of parts are chucked away in a warehouse to fix it up when it breaks down eventually, and that all the butthurt whiners that have come out of the woodwork over this do a faceplant onto a big piece of rebar.

#75 5 years ago

Out off all people, I'd think you'd be the one to get sarcasm.

Quoted from teekee:

yet some are promoting Rick for President!

#76 5 years ago

And now for something completely different....
Sexy Medieval Madness

image-737.jpg
#77 5 years ago

I can't think of many products that one would buy that would retain its purchase value unless its there are limited supplies which doesn't seem to be the case any longer with this title. Buy it to play and enjoy. I'm getting one to keep. I won't be selling it anytime soon so resale price is the last thing on my mind :-/
I can't see someone buying a slightly used MMR for close to 8k when they can buy a new one for the same price.

#78 5 years ago

The madness wont stop. We just got remakes and many folks learned that prices are what they are and yet buyers of the new ones are already talking about their values. Good grief...

#79 5 years ago

Not worried about values here. Just want to have fun playing it.
Maybe 20 plus years from now I might be able to sell it for the same I paid for it.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It's only negative because it doesn't match up with your thinking. Its a forum. You'll get positive comments, negative comments... open your mind. Accept all views and don't take things so seriously... It'll be ok, I promise.

Like you said, we'll never know until it happens yet some are promoting Rick for President! C'mon man. It's all fine and dandy if it matches your way of thinking but if it goes against you... you can't take it? Deep breath dude...

185425_10150248670160678_4010675_n.jpg

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

What are you going to call me for wanting a pinball thats not the real deal but all I can afford, A loser, I suppose.

That's BS.

You can disagree with Teekee all you want, but to say that he will resort to personal insults couldn't be further from the truth. Teekee *never* does that, and that is despite the fact that people throw personal insults at him on a regular basis here at Pinside.

I don't know how he can show so much restraint. I know I couldn't.

#82 5 years ago

How about a nice new Cheerleading pic..... YAY !!!

Cheerleader8.jpg
#83 5 years ago

I wanted to order one of these but in my zeal I accidentally typed Planitary Pinball into the search engine an by the time I realized my spelling mistake they were all gone.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

And now for something completely different....
Sexy Medieval Madness

image-737.jpg 75 KB

I'd like to pull my sword from that stone...

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Maybe 20 plus years from now I might be able to sell it for the same I paid for it.

20 years from now, most likely no one will be nostalgic about pinball and our kids will put our games out at the curb.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

Who cares if they go up in value or drop in price, I'm buying one because its one of the best pinballs ever made and has always been too expensive for me to own one in the past.
My first NIB pinball.

That was pretty much my point.

#87 5 years ago

Thank you for an $8k machine? I wouldn't thank anyone yet for that price until its in your house and quality is there. Even then, he's not doing it for the "good" of pinball...he's doing this to make money. Look, I'm in on the project but let's hold off on falling over yourself to say thank you.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thank you for an $8k machine? I wouldn't thank anyone yet for that price until its in your house and quality is there. Even then, he's not doing it for the "good" of pinball...he's doing this to make money. Look, I'm in on the project but let's hold off on falling over yourself to say thank you.

Seems the other manufactures are selling pins at the 8k level too. Are they doing it for the good of pinball? Seems the goal of most companies is to make money. PPS is doing MM's NIB about 2k under what routed ones were selling for. Maybe thats what everyone is excited about.

#89 5 years ago

There is only one more wish I have on this thread.
Have the op correct the spelling of "planitary"
Correct spelling "planetary"
Let's keep Rick happy!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seems the other manufactures are selling pins at the 8k level too. Are they doing it for the good of pinball? Seems the goal of most companies is to make money. PPS is doing MM's NIB about 2k under what routed ones were selling for. Maybe thats what everyone is excited about.

I'm not thanking ANY of the manufacturers for taking my money in exchange for a product. They should be thanking US. Simple. Get it?

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm not thanking ANY of the manufacturers for taking my money in exchange for a product. They should be thanking US. Simple. Get it?

That is just such a negative position. Of course Planetary is trying to make a profit, but they are also making a product that many people want. They are yelping What I consider to be the important side of the hobby by getting a game that people want to play, into those peoples homes. I am thankful to Planetary for making this game even though I know that they are in this business to make a profit. Making a profit doesn't prove in any way that Rick and Planetary aren't also trying to help the hobby.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I am with Pimp77 on this one. Although I am glad Rick is doing it and I have purchased one, I don't see the need to treat him like a god for copying a game. You might as well worship the Chinese lady in the flea market selling reproduction Gucci sunglasses. The other companies are charging 8k for theirs because they paid a staff to create a new design and to program it from scratch, ect..... They have A LOT more over head then Rick would just reproducing/copying an already existing game with an already existing game code, WAY less over head there. He is charging 8k because he can, not for the greater good of all of us. Am I willing to pay it, of course, because it is the cheapest I can get a MM for, but I'm certainly not going to bow down and worship him for profiteering on an already existing game design.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

20 years from now, most likely no one will be nostalgic about pinball and our kids will put our games out at the curb.

Now that's the bottom line...

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does that mean we won't be seeing anything in this category from you ...?

Cheerleader7.jpg
#95 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

They have A LOT more over head then Rick

We don't know that.

Rick has costs too. Using Mirco's art work, pay Chicago Gaming to assemble ( they have factory, train staff, and want a profit), more to Williams than their current parts deal. Redesign board to run it, design new driver boards, design new lighting, design new harnesses. Make and store parts for 1,000+ machines.

Rick could easily have higher production costs than existing factories.

I'm not asking anyone to bow down to him. I would ask that people that love pinball, at least appreciate someone trying once again to make pinball a little bit better.

Disclaimer : I hope all the manufacturers make a lot of money. So that we keep seeing new pins.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You might as well worship the Chinese lady in the flea market selling reproduction Gucci sunglasses.

I do. That bitch is hot.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know that.
Rick has costs too. Using Mirco's art work, pay Chicago Gaming to assemble ( they have factory, train staff, and want a profit), more to Williams than their current parts deal. Redesign board to run it, design new driver boards, design new lighting, design new harnesses. Make and store parts for 1,000+ machines.
Rick could easily have higher production costs than existing factories.
I'm not asking anyone to bow down to him. I would ask that people that love pinball, at least appreciate someone trying once again to make pinball a little bit better.
Disclaimer : I hope all the manufacturers make a lot of money. So that we keep seeing new pins.

This is true, I don't know what Rick's over head is at all. It was just an assumption on my part. I am glad I can buy a MM for under 10k as well, but the point I was trying to make was some people are going WAY overboard and treating him like the next coming of Christ, and this is not the case.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I do. That bitch is hot.

LOL. Nothing like a little Asian persuasion.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's you on your head after some sucker pays $6,300 for the NIB Tron you're advertising.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I do. That bitch is hot.

Smokin' Wok Hot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medinah, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside