HGTH.jpg
H..jpg
street_dancing_11.jpg
Cheerleader2.JPG
Cheerleader1.JPG
Moo.jpg
Thank you.jpg
Dreams come true.jpg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Just wanted to say how happy I am that you guys are remaking this title and giving the collectors out there and pinball players a chance to own such a great game. I know some people on here are not to keen about it; but I for one am very happy; along with a bunch of my friends that re getting one too. I have no doubts on build quality either; I am sure it will be very updated compared to the 20 year old system in the older MM's.

#2 10 years ago

I hear they sold out so quick because Oprah is giving them to everyone in the audience on her "favorite things" show.

#3 10 years ago

Derek you beat me to it. I wanted to express my gratitude towards Rick and everyone at PPS that is involved in making this dream come true. Yes I have been dreaming about owning a MM for many years. I have always been able to afford one, but I was not able to get past the mental threshold of spending over $9000 on one. I tried some creative trades, etc but I have had no luck. I basically gave up on the idea of getting a decent MM below $9000. I thought the re-make would never happen and then it did. I e-mailed Rick the day of the announcement and several days later Rick came through for me. I am going with the LE with gold trim and honestly I am still in a state of astonishment. The MMR LE will be my ultimate grail pin, and I will probably be buried in it-LOL. Through the years I am finding that I am getting more and more anal in regards to condition. Even if I could find a collector quality MM, pricing would reflect condition and kill the deal. The thought of owning a new one is truly a dream come true.
I keep imagining the day of arrival and having a huge MMR LE unboxing celebration. I know that I will get a fantastic product from a reputable company, and the years of enjoyment will be priceless. In closing I would like to thank Rick again for having the passion for pinball and making so many people's dreams come true.

From my family to your family-THANK YOU RICK!!!!!!

Dreams come true.jpgDreams come true.jpg
Thank you.jpgThank you.jpg
Moo.jpgMoo.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Rick will be "Pinball's man of the year" in 2014!!!! Thank You Rick!!

#5 10 years ago

It should be fun watching all the love and admiration early on but as things progress, delays happen and the product isn't what some were expecting... let the whining begin!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It should be fun watching all the love and admiration early on but as things progress, delays happen and the product isn't what some were expecting... let the whining begin!

With respect Tony, can we try and keep this thread positive and thank Rick for his efforts. Save the speculation for another MM thread, as if there is not enough.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm going to enjoy seeing this machine and all the others that are being recreated become pretty common. Every collector can have one now.. That's pretty cool.

#8 10 years ago

Happy for MM remake. Hoping CC is next.

I have no problem with delays on this title as they are expected

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With respect Tony, can we try and keep this thread positive and thank Rick for his efforts. Save the speculation for another MM thread, as if there is not enough.

There is definitely enough of these... anyway thanks Rick! Just make sure you have your helmet and protective cup handy, this sentiment could change at any time... just saying!

#10 10 years ago

I have a hard time believing it would be any worse that the absolute crap Stern is shipping nowadays.

Thanks again Rick..can't wait to unbox my MM!!

Quoted from teekee:

There is definitely enough of these... anyway thanks Rick! Just make sure you have your helmet and protective cup handy, this sentiment could change at any time... just saying!

#11 10 years ago

What is the build quality of Vacation America ?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just wanted to say how happy I am that you guys are remaking this title and giving the collectors out there and pinball players a chance to own such a great game. I know some people on here are not to keen about it; but I for one am very happy; along with a bunch of my friends that re getting one too. I have no doubts on build quality either; I am sure it will be very updated compared to the 20 year old system in the older MM's.

Thanks for kiss of death Derek he loves it. I'm sure he will keep this one forever and ever and ever.

#13 10 years ago

I think $8000 is thanks enough for a game that requires almost no r&d.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Wasn't built using Williams equipment, dyes, cad drawings, CCC wood working etc...... So all the quality leg work is done already and the machine is assembled to Williams specs, not Chicago Gamings.

Basically all they're doing is the assembly, a bunch of monkeys could build this machine with quality in this scenerio.

#15 10 years ago

"planitary"??!!

#16 10 years ago

Well...no. A good place to look for a prediction on build quality is to look at their products. The ones they have built in the past and their current stuff. All that Williams crap you listed out means nothing.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Tiki, always the realass.

I mean realist.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Well...no. A good place to look for a prediction on build quality is to look at their products. The ones they have built in the past and their current stuff. All that Williams crap you listed out means nothing.

If it doesn't look play and feel like the original Roger will not sign off on it period! EOS

#19 10 years ago

No kidding. Roger Sharp is the frickin' MAN! As if he is going to have his good name - pinball royalty if there ever was- be tagged to a dog game? I'm sure Roger is a little more vain than that. He's going to re-enter the hobby after 15 years to do something official, and legally binding, for a mass production PINBALL machine and he is just going to half ass it?

That does it. You MMr doubters are fools. Period. And the value of original MM is now less than $8k. Live with it.

Tiki, go sell your $6,300 NIB Trons and leave the MMr threads to the believers. We're not buying crazy here.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Tiki, go sell your $6,300 NIB Trons and leave the MMr threads to the believers. We're not buying crazy here.

Tiki, always the realass.
I mean realist.

Call me an ass if you like but please stop stalking me...

#21 10 years ago

If you are going to blow Rick kisses ,then it is only fair to blow Wayne kisses too. If it weren't for Wayne's efforts you guys wouldn't be seeing any MMR !

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Call me an ass if you like but please stop stalking me...

You are delusional. Stalk you? One only has to open up an MMr thread and you're all over it. Saying the same thing. Over and over and over. Bitter much?

#23 10 years ago

You are delusional. Stalk you? One only has to open up an MMr thread and you're all over it. Saying the same thing. Over and over and over. Bitter much?

You still here? What's next peeping in my windows?

#24 10 years ago

Hey Teekee,
Found your new rap release on You Tube.
The song is crap but the title is appropriate .

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You still here? What's next peeping in my windows?

Round 2, Fight!

I don't think this is the original Steve Ritchie voiced quote, but shockingly this is sorta pinall related...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Teekee,
Found your new rap release on You Tube.
The song is crap but the title is appropriate .
» YouTube video

Sweet! Thanks... I've been told I'm insanely handsome, insanely intelligent, insanely cool... goes on and on.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Really good, actually.

#28 10 years ago

Thanks for making this pin more obtainable now please make monsterbash and afm please

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

please make monsterbash and afm please

Ahhh, the good old school of redundancy school.

#30 10 years ago

Wow... So many folks were butt hurt by this remake. I thought for sure you would get some thumbs down on this post. I am glad to see that has seemed to pass and people can be happy about getting one if they choose.

#31 10 years ago

Well there ya have it. I have never even seen one. If they are making high quality games now, we have every reason to suspect they will continue. How bout stuff other than pins? Anyone seen a current product from them out in the wild?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

If I actually keep my order and RECEIVE a MMR that meets or exceeds the standard of the original, then I will thank Rick. On what basis do you have no doubts of build quality?

I am more of a seeing is believing guy...

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Anyone seen a current product from them out in the wild?

They used to make the playfields and cabinets for Williams and still do for Stern, so you have certainly touched their current product.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

On what basis do you have no doubts of build quality?

If you have played a restored MM, then you have already experienced PPS licensed reproduction parts, translights, trolls, dragon wings, cab decals .....

If you have played an original MM, then you have experienced CCC playfields and cabinets.

The only thing you have not experienced is the stereo sound and new CPU board. And if you for some reason don't like that, you can tear it out and go Rottendog (or used Williams) .

#35 10 years ago

Yay !!!!
Ricky, Ricky you're our man .....

(Great excuse to combine Cheerleading with Boobs )

Cheerleader1.JPGCheerleader1.JPG
#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you have played a restored MM, then you have already experienced PPS licensed reproduction parts, translights, trolls, dragon wings, cab decals .....
If you have played an original MM, then you have experienced CCC playfields and cabinets.
The only thing you have not experienced is the stereo sound and new CPU board. And if you for some reason don't like that, you can tear it out and go Rottendog (or used Williams) .

I stand corrected. I should have been more specific, what I really mean is the quality of application/assembly.

#37 10 years ago

And the value of original MM is now less than $8k. Live with it.

So are the MMR LE's because they will be making unlimited MM's. Once you open your MMR LE it depreciates. Nobody is going to want a HUO MMR LE for more than 8k, when you can get a NIB MMR (2nd run, 3rd run?) later for the same amount. Rick can roll these out 5 years from now if he wants. MMR's are a capped collectible now.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

If you are going to blow Rick kisses ,then it is only fair to blow Wayne kisses too. If it weren't for Wayne's efforts you guys wouldn't be seeing any MMR !

I tried unsuccessfully to make that point in another thread. Wayne's deposits were used for seed money to make all of those extra parts which I am sure greatly benefited Rick. 1k of $2500 pre-orders helped prime the pump and showed there would be a market for these even if he never made one. Made sense to use those parts when Rick bought Wayne out.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I stand corrected. I should have been more specific, what I really mean is the quality of application/assembly.

I don't think anyone can assure you how well any single machine with 3500 parts will be assembled.

I could tell you 100s of horror stories when we used to open new Williams games back in the day. The new Sterns are much better quality, but still you have to tweak things to get them perfect.

I'm not worried, like Jersey Jack says; if it ain't broke, it ain't pinball.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Wayne's deposits were used for seed money to make all of those extra parts which I am sure greatly benefited Rick.

Didn't Rick say in the other thread that he was not using any of WayneO's parts?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Didn't Rick say in the other thread that he was not using any of WayneO's parts?

I don't know, I did not see that so I might be wrong.

I would guess 90% of Wayne's customers dropped out of buying the first MM remake. When I was involved, I saw rows and rows of troll heads and other assemblies. Enough to make a crap load of machines. I can't believe that the inventory of 2000 troll heads would just stay with Wayne. I just can't see Rick buying all of those extra parts and not using them in some way that would benefit the new MMR.

#42 10 years ago

^^^a discussion?

This is a Cheerleading thread....... F O C U S !!!

Cheerleader2.JPGCheerleader2.JPG
#43 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Seems like the whining began and ended with you

#44 10 years ago

Ignored user comment
Ignored user comment
Ignored user comment

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ignored user comment
Ignored user comment
Ignored user comment

Do you realize that if you have to show everyone that you are supposedly ignoring someone, that you aren't really ignoring them?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do you realize that if you have to show everyone that you are supposedly ignoring someone, that you aren't really ignoring them?

Crash sounds like a little kid doesn't he?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I can't believe that the inventory of 2000 troll heads would just stay with Wayne.

WayneO was selling all that stuff on ebay for the past year.

He was even selling blank MM playfields. They had inserts but no silkscreening.

#48 10 years ago

I'm really happy about the remake but not happy about the almost identical unlimited standards.

Txs and all but lets be honest, it's really just all about the Benjamin's.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cookie for you!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Txs and all but lets be honest, it's really just all about the Benjamin's.

I hope it's about money. They don't make any, it's over.

But what happened is Rick thought it would take two or three months to sell out 1,000LE's, when it went down in a couple hours, he was scrambling what to do next. And I'm sure checking with Williams people.

The standards were announced shortly after at Expo, and kept being made better like two coats clear instead of one.

There was no way anyone could have been prepared for how that went down. They did the best they could to let people who missed out, get in on it.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-thank-you-to-rick-and-planitary-pinball-for-the-mm-remake/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.