Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Williams Big Strike. Rolling over the roll overs that complete a letter of "Hot Line". Occasionally when completing the roll overs it will give me my 300 points and move to next letter but also advance 2 or more letters along with the points. Which relay (assuming Advance relay) should I look at better?
Cleaned the contacts on the advance relay. Manually it looks like making good contact but hard to tell if looking at it while pressing needed roll overs by hand.

#2 5 years ago

Is it set to liberal or conservative?

#3 5 years ago

That part of the schematic is pretty complicated. Do you have the manual?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdemuro:

Is it set to liberal or conservative?

I will have to check. Don't ever remember it doing that before and I've had it for 2 years. Hmmm didn't think about that.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

That part of the schematic is pretty complicated. Do you have the manual?

I don't. But I can probably get it on ipdb correct?

#6 5 years ago

Idpb only has the schematic. If it was working fine before but acting up now then it’s an adjustment that’s out and not the lib or conservative setting.
Try taking apart the advance unit and clean it to make sure it’s moving freely. The schematic also shows a H.O.T relay that could be cleaned also. I would start there. HowardR is correct, that part of the schematic is very confusing, the logic is very impressive to control game’s scoring.

#7 5 years ago

This reminds me of the inconsistent scoring problem I had with my Aquarius, which was finally solved by replacing what seemed to be a good coil. JethroP contacted me later and said he was having the same problem and that: "So I was reading up on coils that produce residual magnetism, which my P coil did. I tried a piece of electric tape between the metal plate and armature and WALAH, problem solved. The holes are scoring correctly now and the P coil doesn't stick (magnetic attraction) anymore. Yipee." May be the answer for the Advance or another relay.

I think I was distracted for a while by an equally confusing schematic.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Do you have the manual?

Buy a copy of the manual or persuade one of the owners to scan it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/big-strike/owners

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-strike-letter-advancing?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.