Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Prmailers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I have a Bally Lady Luck 86 http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/lady-luck ,had problems with a FU1 fuse blowing then found out it needs a 6 amp fuse with 3 flippers games even if it's written 5 amp on the board... so I replaced it with 6 amp and it seems ok, then I realised the 1 amp slow blow fuse under the playfield was blown, replaced it and most of the solenoid still don't work...

Both slingshots don't work, the 3 bumpers don't work either and when all flippers are activated the left one doesn't work (still works when the right flippers are not activated), the outhole switch seems fine since it detect the ball but the ball doesn't get in play (solenoid again)... the switch for everything mentionned above seems fine since they make sound when activated and everything else seems fine (target, etc.) ... any idee? I tested all solenoid for resistance and they seems ok so I'm confused

#2 11 years ago

anyone?

#3 11 years ago

up...

#4 11 years ago

buying that pin was the worst ide ever :'(

#5 11 years ago

up! still trying to figure why most of the coils arn't working!

#6 11 years ago

up

#7 11 years ago

Ground transistor tabs that fire them. If the coils fire then what fires them is borked - if they don't fire then from the transistor legs out you have a break.

LTG

#8 11 years ago

All the solenoids are supplied through the 6A fuse. First, the three flippers are powered, then through the 1A playfield fuse for the rest of the solenoids. Check voltage starting at the flippers, then at the fuse holder. I would suspect a broken wire between the left and right flippers. Possibly a short which would explain why all the fuses were blown.

#9 11 years ago

Do you have the manual?

If not, here's a link to it on ipdb.org.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1402/Bally_1986_Lady_Luck_Manual.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-solenoids-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.