(Topic ID: 114409)

Big Shot lives! Need Drop Target Part

By fflint_18

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fflint_18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We'll after buying that low ball count Big Shot almost a year ago and then taking it apart, cleaning and then leaving it sit for 9 months my buddy and I spent all weekend getting it put back together, running, and then tweaked.

I like it.

Fast, Unforgiving, and I can't get a great score to save my life, but it's a keeper for me.

I will post some pictures later for all.

Still have a few things to sort out and a part I need everyone's help with.

The 7 bank drop targets have a series bar inside which lets a switch activate when all the targets are down.

It turns out the right banks is missing. Anyone know if Steve has these. Part number is A-14535.

Or if someone has a donor 7 bank that I can buy the part from let me know.

2 other things

Once in a while it won't switch between players after a ball. I'm going to work on the stepper and hopefully that will clear things up.

Lastly, it's not giving games for points. It does score games for specials so I know some things are working right. Not sure where the problems lie, but will pore over the schematics today, but if anyone has a suggestion let me know.

Thanks,

Bert

#6 9 years ago

Hoov, I figured it was with the Players Unit Steeper. I've adjusted and re-cleaned the contacts and it appears that it has cleared up the problem.

PinHead, while I haven't figured out the scoring issue yet you have helped me big time. While looking at the schematic I couldn't figure out what P1A and P1B was. While checking the player unit I didn't know what the extra contacts were for and now I know so thanks.

Trough switch is good.

Going to go through the scorereels again (as Hoov suggests) and use PinHeads method to move from place to place to try and pinpoint this issue.

Thanks.

#8 9 years ago

Well the Big Shot, she is a fickle bitch.

Thanks to you folks and some detective work I was able to get the winning credits working correctly.

It was a combination of the Players unit and a problem score reel.

Adjusting the Players unit and Player 1 starting operating correctly.

There was also a problem with the thousands reels on Player 2. Some more adjusting and voila everything was working great as far as winning credits was concerned.

Then the 10's on Player 1 stopped resetting and the lights on the score reel on Player 2 quit lighting but Player 2 kept working correctly.

Turns out I messed up a couple switches on the players unit while adjusting for he other issues.

Everything seems good now and the machine is running 100% except for the broken drop target bar which I need to order.

Will post some pictures on Tues.

Thanks for all the help.

Bert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 16.99
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fflint_18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-shot-lives-need-drop-target-part?tu=fflint_18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.