Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
    Pinball (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

New problem after the 5th ball drains game keeps going i know its a switch but where
    Raff.

#2 5 years ago

Did you check the game over relay? Check the gaps, clean, adjust.

#3 5 years ago

Have checked it but will check it Again

#4 5 years ago

Is this a brand new problem? Did not do it before?

Oh, oh. Might want to go back to the last ball relay, where I suggested that you retension one switch that is in series with the ball return solenoid. Could be that switch is not opening when the last ball relay energizes ???

Lee

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Is this a brand new problem

Yes just started
    Have looked at the last ball relay will look again.
    When the game gets to the the 5th ball should the last ball relay energize.

#6 5 years ago

Agreed, last ball and game over relay I would check. I always tighten the screws on the relays before I adjust them.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I always tighten the screws on the relays before I adjust them.

Will check the screws on the relay. So is that a yes to the last ball relay should energizes on the 5th ball.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

Will check the screws on the relay. So is that a yes to the last ball relay should energizes on the 5th ball.

No, the last ball relay should energize when the 5th ball hits the outhole. At least it does on my Hot Shot. But in order for the ball count to advance, the first ball relay needs to be adjusted properly. Does ball 5 light up in the backbox?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

But in order for the ball count to advance, the first ball relay needs to be adjusted properly.

The first ball relay is working at the beginning of a game when the first point is scored the fb relay pulls in.

Quoted from kermit24:

Does ball 5 light up in the backbox?

Yea it lights up.
    From the start of a game the ball count starts on 1 and will go through to number 5 with the numbers showing on the back glass.Its only after the 5th ball drains that the game keeps going on.
    Raff

#10 5 years ago

If the Last Ball relay (XB) activates but the the Game Over relay QB1 doesn't, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
    http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from HowardR:

If the Last Ball relay (XB) activates

When the 5th ball drains the last ball relay does not activate.
    Raff

#12 5 years ago

Ok have made some improvement checked switchs at lb relay and the go relay ajusted them and cleaned them. Now at the end of the game the game shuts down so far so good i noticed the nuts on the side of the control bank were loose so i tightened them up and the screws on the relay switches anyway fingers crossed .
    Raff

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raff:

still seems to kick the ball out every few games

This switch on the Last Ball relay (XB) is probably gapped too tight

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
    #14 5 years ago

Thanks howardr have ajusted the last ball switches again and seems to be working ok for now, the ball coming out at the end of the game has stopped fingers crossed.
    Raff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-shot-game-doesn-t-end?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.