• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey there. I picked up a nice Big Shot not long ago. It plays really well and everything works. Some of the settings are weird and I'm waiting on a manual to figure that out (the special lights when the 8 ball is collected and stays lit after collecting among a few other things. Seems odd).
But first I thought I could address this eject hole issue and see if anyone else has dealt with it. Basically it fires the ball into the glass and makes a loud crack. It is consistent though and always goes to the right flipper. Is there an adjustment that might soften the eject? Or maybe that is typical for the game? The coil is unlabeled with yellow paper and looks a little newer than the others.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Gently bend the arm that kicks the ball a little so it deflects the ball elsewhere.
LTG : )

Thanks LTG! I like the direction it goes, except it goes too high.

Just took another look at it and there is a shock absorber with a spring built in to the kicking arm. It was stuck solid and needed some pliers to get it moving again. Played a game and the ball still hits the glass, but not as hard. Maybe I can get some of that old grease out of there to soften it up more.

-1 (resized).jpg-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-shot-eject-hole-firing-into-glass?tu=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.