Are there any goof vids of the production game

#2 8 years ago

The Dead_Flip guys recorded 10+ hours of footage

#3 8 years ago

Game plays fast

#4 8 years ago

I was hoping for something else.

#6 8 years ago

Yes, thank you! Great thoughts for bed-time! (can't get that music out of my head though!)

#7 8 years ago

Game looks like more fun than I was expecting.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Game looks like more fun than I was expecting.

It is more fun than any of us expected. I have not stopped playing for 24 hours.

#9 8 years ago

I think Woah Nellie looks like a lot of fun. It's got EM roots, simple playfield, 2" flippers, and it's nice to have a simple, fun game, that's also a challenge. But it's got some modern touches: strong flippers, 4 players with a single player look, and obviously the music and sound effects, whatever you think of them.

#10 8 years ago

I can't wait to see this thing under the lights at a big tournament. See if the old-school guys or the new-school guys do better on it, and see the anger that all miniflipper games generate in competitive situations.

#12 8 years ago

Having a blast with mine, really like the low scoring..just need a better place to put it to show of the crate better!

#13 8 years ago

Game on left in the video is on legs and game on right is on the crate. Both games are on concrete as opposed to carpeting. Sitting on carpeting on the crate, the game is almost "UN-nudgeable." If you put the game on concrete with the legs on, you can have 5 minute ball times because you can control the ball through nudging. Carpet and crate = 30 second ball times. It really makes that big of a difference.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Game on left in the video is on legs and game on right is on the crate. Both games are on concrete as opposed to carpeting. Sitting on carpeting on the crate, the game is almost "UN-nudgeable." If you put the game on concrete with the legs on, you can have 5 minute ball times because you can control the ball through nudging. Carpet and crate = 30 second ball times. It really makes that big of a difference.

That sucks! Nudging is essential for this game and anyone purchasing it wants to show off the crate..

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

You can still nudge it when it is rigidly locked down. You just have to take advantage of sharper "impact" nudges rather than slide nudges. The middle two posts between the flippers have a great nudge save... Just a little left-right movement and the ball usually comes back up. Barely any movement is required, it's all about the timing. Same with the rollover lanes up top, a little upward nudge and you can get a lot of influence on the ball.

If I had this game, I think I would set it to be locked in place, and with a pretty standard tilt. Subtle nudges have a lot of effect on this game!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

That sucks! Nudging is essential for this game and anyone purchasing it wants to show off the crate..

How about if you put the crate on some sliders to give it some nudge-ability?

#17 8 years ago

That's the vid I was looking for,looks fun and I am thinking about it

#18 8 years ago

The main cabinet is mounted to the base crate with 4 rubber vibration dampers. I have no problem nudging when the game is mounted to the base crate. It's just a little sharper nudge.

9376kc13l.png9376kc13l.png
#19 8 years ago

I think you guys are confusing nudging with "sliding the game across carpet"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-melons-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.