1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Can anyone give a review of The Big Lebowski if you've played it. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago

i played a couple games last year at pinburgh and at the 2016 Ohio show the game was a lot of fun in my opinion very cool toys and gimmicks like the mini playfield and the car would come out for you to bash on it. The rug was a very cool feature and best toy in the game was the awesome lower playfield bowling thing. the artwork was good, LCD animations were good, and the rules were good. Overall i really thought it was a fun good game.

#3 1 year ago

Every one I've played either had incredibly weak flippers, or some major malfunction. So no, I can't give it a review except at this point, it's more of a magic girl-style bragging rights/curiosity piece than an actual, tangible, reviewable pinball machine. If you are looking for one you just need to be aware of that, and the fact that the manufacturer appears to have one foot on a banana peel and another foot in the grave. Right now I'd think the game is best for collectors and/or huge Big Lebowski fans (and aren't we all?).

#4 1 year ago

I played the one at Sunshine Laundromat, and it's a beautiful machine. It is a lot of fun to play. It got most of my quarters that night, with Dialed In getting almost as many. Lebowski is well laid out, it is fun to shoots. I kept flipping the wrong way to spell Maude, but that's my issue. I was probably distracted by the bowling balls.

It has good callouts. The color display is used just enough to show the right clips at the right time. I'll agree the flippers felt a bit weak, but that's probably a setting or an aftermarket coil. I have a GNR, and the G ramp is steep. Lebowski has the same "little engine that could" feel when you shoot up the big left ramp. That's a minor issue that could be resolved by sucking less.

The upper playfield is awesome, especially the car. That's a ton of fun.

The only real issue is that the rug toy was already down to black rubber that had some rips. Doesn't affect play, but the visual is wrecked. Let's hope Neopost can rock the manufacturing and get the rest of the games out. I want to play it again!

#5 1 year ago

I also played the Big Lebowski at Sunshine Laundromat, a couple of weeks ago on a trip to New York. Apart from TBL and DI I'd played all the rest there, so they were the centre of my attention, especially DI as I already own WOZ and TH.

To me however, TBL was the absolute standout. I love the theme, unlike most I own now. I had more trouble with the right ramp than the left, but otherwise I agree with everything Draegermeister has said above. In fact, I'm working out a way to get one into my collection.

The lack of an Australian distributor for the remainder of the 300 is not helping... if they ever get built.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chambo:

I also played the Big Lebowski at Sunshine Laundromat, a couple of weeks ago on a trip to New York. Apart from TBL and DI I'd played all the rest there, so they were the centre of my attention, especially DI as I already own WOZ and TH.
    To me however, TBL was the absolute standout. I love the theme, unlike most I own now. I had more trouble with the right ramp than the left, but otherwise I agree with everything Draegermeister has said above. In fact, I'm working out a way to get one into my collection.
    The lack of an Australian distributor for the remainder of the 300 is not helping... if they ever get built.

I'm a huge fan of the movie and would love to own one, but seems out of the realm of possibility at the moment. Would love to at least play one in Australia..oh look, you're only 3 hours away from me. Haha.

#7 1 year ago

Yeah, it really is a tragedy what has happened to this project. Just a superb theme. When I watch videos of the game, the callouts make me smile. If it doesn't end up getting produced in quantity it will be a terrible shame, here's hoping it gets back on track.

#8 1 year ago

I've played it a few times now and it just has such a fantastic tone to it, really makes you feel like your interacting with the movie more than playing pinball. One thing I can criticize about it are the computer controlled flippers making post passes from one side to the other is almost impossible. The construction of is is world class using significantly thicker and more layered wood than a standard cab and the board design and electronics are absolutely beautiful and tidy.

#9 1 year ago

Played it at Pinfest 2 years ago with beta code with all insert lights flashing all the time. Pinfest last year had updated code that made the game playable with multiball and more callouts. Flippers were strong enough to make all the shots in the game but were noticeably weak to keep from breaking plastics while on display.

Incredible layout with a lot of flow that was well thought out. Upper mini playfield is fun to play right off the bat. Lower Brunswick bowling alley looked amazing however I didn't get to play that. Beautiful game top to bottom with many cool toys - Rug/Car/White Russian. Cabinet/playfield art looked professional and not home brew. It looked like a legitimate, full featured pin that just needed more code down the road.

It truly sucks with the current situation the company is in. Don't quote me but from what I understand, the board manufacturer found a loophole to charge more for boards and is holding the company and pins as pseudo hostages?

Would it be worth trying to purchase one in? If you can afford a $12K plus toy then go for it. Fun game that will probably be another super rare game to own.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Don't quote me but from what I understand, the board manufacturer found a loophole to charge more for boards and is holding the company and pins as pseudo hostages?

All that is known is that, according to Dutch Pinball, their original contract manufacturer, ARA, wants more money than was agreed upon and production was subsequently halted late last year when DP refused to pay them. ARA is supposedly holding 40+ built games (including mine) in their factory beyond the 50+ that were shipped to North America and Europe in 2016.

The original license and production agreement were for 300 games total, but this quantity may be increased if Dutch is able to successfully produce the games again through a new contract manufacturer or ARA yet.

#11 1 year ago

Many people are holding their collective breath that this game gets built. Should the dream die, the resulting winds might prove catastrophic. I'd rather be tracking deliveries by the honorable Capt Hazelwood, as he sails the seven seas, carting TBL's between continents.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside