bth_38659358.gif
finish him stooges.gif
pindude.jpg
im just gonna go find a cash machine.jpg
TBL I am ready.jpg
image-165.jpg
super walter.JPG
TBL rug.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 10 years ago

I hope this is real for sure! I would love it and it would most likely be my first NIB. Guess we'll see - maybe we can have Mike chime in on who paid them for the ad in the program?

1 week later
#343 10 years ago

My choice too - would love for this to be my first NIB if it's real (and has a good team on it)

1 month later
#392 10 years ago

I definitely like the work of some A team folks like George Gomez and Steve Ritchie, but I also think if this is some new team that I'd be excited to see what they do. Pinball can use fresh blood and the rules that the Pinnovating guys came up with on Matrix were incredible. Definitely open to something fresh

Quoted from sd_tom:

<25 days left. I guess between either it being a total hoax, or if not a hoax.. woefully disappointing (most of the 'A' teams we think of are busy with other stuff).. I am having a hard time maintaining focus on this with all the other stuff going on in pinball universe. Sold my XM and even though I want to hold off till the 27th to see what this is about before I go buy something else, I keep finding myself looking around at FS ads.
But.. since we haven't had any meaty speculation in a while... So, during expo they invaded Python's talk right? So, If Python is the one behind this.. do people think that's good / bad.. looking at his "hit list"... seems like he had most of his success in 80's titles (pinbot, taxi), with the few DMDs not being the best received ones(Popeye, bugs bunny). Also, wikipedia says he works at Bay Tek Games.. which makes redemption games.. not pinball, but I could conceive of them retooling for something like that if they though was money there?

3 weeks later
#490 10 years ago

damn you pezpunk, well played!

#566 10 years ago

Holy shit, just ordered my first pin!!!

#630 10 years ago

I asked for an ashtray for joints and a cup holder for white russians. When I played pinball in Amsterdam this year, I played at coffee shops and so weed + pinball = win!

#740 10 years ago

I think the timeline is realistic since I know some JJP customers waited 2.5 years or something from the deposit to delivery of their WOZs? So I would rather have that up front, and as far as being unproven or having folks who haven't designed a pin before, I think that can go either way. Just today I was talking to another pinhead about how there aren't as many people taking as many risks b/c most of the folks working in pinball have been working in pinball for a while. So I'm personally excited to see what they come up with. This isn't a knock on anyone working in pinball now as I love a lot of what's being made now, but maybe folks can have an open mind to this. I know I am really excited to see how this evolves

#813 10 years ago

Also to comment on the taking of pre-orders with 'nothing to show' - if they can get the deposits then more power to them. It's no hair off anyone's back if they don't wanna put anything down now, and the folks who are willing to put their deposits can since it's their money. For some it may be b/c they want to be one of the first to own the machine (since they are shipping in order or deposit) and for others they may be risk takers or huge Lebowski fans. Saw one Lebowski fan had ordered who didn't appear to be a pinhead so I think if people criticize them for that that's fine, but the flip side is that it's their business and they can choose to run it however they see fit.

I'm hoping this game rocks and since I love all things orange, am pulling for the Dutch [Oranje (Dutch for Orange) is the national color of Holland pretty much]

#828 10 years ago

I just told the Lebowski Fest guys about the pin and they've been promoting it on their FB page and IGN just picked it up on Twitter so they are getting a lot of exposure to the general Lebowski populace as well. Hopefully a few folks are going to jump in on pinball as a result

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-lebowski-pinball-confirmed-viral-campaign-in-effect?tu=genex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.