bth_38659358.gif
finish him stooges.gif
pindude.jpg
im just gonna go find a cash machine.jpg
TBL I am ready.jpg
image-165.jpg
super walter.JPG
TBL rug.jpg

There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I don't troll anymore. I'm dead serious. That movie sucked!!

I'm getting the feeling you just don't like good movies

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

My money's on this one!

jackie-treehorn-doodle.jpg 14 KB

That's the LOTR LE backglass prototype!

image-81.jpgimage-81.jpg
#403 10 years ago

How do you drink $80 dollars worth of booze at a hole in the wall bar on a Tuesday by yourself. Fuck it let's go bowling.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Well, there are rumours that they've installed a hand dryer next to the ball plunger... so you might not be too far off.

Has already been done on "Despicable Me" (unique pin by User brennraum on the german flippermarkt forum). although it was meant to cool the players fingers during play - freeze ray, you know?

#405 10 years ago

Hand dryer on a pin with this theme epic man epic.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm getting the feeling you just don't like good movies

NOT true...I liked "Adventures in Babysitting."

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

"The dishes are done maaaaan"

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"The dishes are done maaaaan"

Thats from Don't tell Mom the Babbysitters Dead.

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Thats from Don't tell Mom the Babbysitters Dead.

User ignored

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

"NEVER f##k with the babysitter" quality line from that film

#411 10 years ago

Man, Elizabeth Shue sure as hell got better looking as she aged, am I wrong?

#412 10 years ago

Potentially the best idea for a Pinball Theme... EVAR!!!

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Oh yeah, then what happens in 24 days when the dudepinball.com timer runs down?

The space ship lands, he and his followers board and they travel back to Nimbus, never to be heard of again. A real shame.

#414 10 years ago

If this game is ever made I will pull the fu(k!ng trigger until it goes click.

#415 10 years ago

ATTTENNNTTTIOOONNNNAAAAA !! The bashers train is leaving in five minutes on platform 3....

- So I would hurry if I were you.

#416 10 years ago

Can someone explain why the hostility vs people that are not as positive about this theme and movie as yourself?

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Can someone explain why the hostility vs people that are not as positive about this theme and movie as yourself?

We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude, you're out of your element!
The haters are not the issue here, I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, a line you do not cross.

#418 10 years ago

Any hostility that you feel was directed at you had nothing at all to do with whether or not you like the movie, Big Lebowski.

#419 10 years ago

uBeuh.gifuBeuh.gif
1 week later
#420 10 years ago

My brother and I were trash talking this pin concept and how its a couple decades too late to the market. The next day we had a sticker on our trashcan of lebowski with "The Dude abides" on it. Eerily coincidental or someone overheard us and happened to have a sticker with the big lebowski and place it on the front of the trashcan.

#421 10 years ago

Well, we're only 11 days away from new shit coming to light. I hope it's not a colossal let down.

#422 10 years ago

I would buy this as it would tie the room together....

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Coincidence indeed. I am busy with other projects at the moment... but I would just keep an eye on the clock... and your email.

Can I remove my E-mail from the list?

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Can I remove my E-mail from the list?

How would I know?

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How would I know?

Same way you know all this?

Quoted from Jared:

Coincidence indeed. I am busy with other projects at the moment... but I would just keep an eye on the clock... and your email.

Is it really? I guess you will see dude.

Thats actually impossible.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 10 years ago

Trying to figure out if Bakushan deserves a hand shake and a beer for a well played and elaborate, if mean spirited, prank, or a full on dick kick for being such a conniving a-hole.

Hmm...

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Trying to figure out if Bakushan deserves a hand shake and a beer for a well played and elaborate, if mean spirited, prank, or a full on dick kick for being such a conniving a-hole.
Hmm...

You're being very un Dude Dude.

#428 10 years ago

Actually, this guy has sounded the most like he knows what it going on.. between him and Bakushan hinting like they are in the know.

Quoted from pinmods:

Not a hoax. Just a group of passionate people that want it to happen so they are making the effort to create buzz. They're creating a "proof of concept" so to speak in order to get a manufacturer on board.

#429 10 years ago

If it's a hoax, my question would be why? I wouldn't understand the fun in spinning up TBL groupie pinhead nerds (like me/us), I don't see the payout on it.

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

If it's a hoax, my question would be why? I wouldn't understand the fun in spinning up TBL groupie pinhead nerds (like me/us), I don't see the payout on it.

A 9 page thread on Pinside is more than enough for some people.

#431 10 years ago

My autographed Vanilla Ice poster really ties my room together...

#432 10 years ago

Sadly, it was pissed upon at my last party that Ice played.

#433 10 years ago

Pretty sure it's real. I spent a lot of time tracking down who owned the rights to "The big Lebowski" About a year ago, with the plans of developing a lebowski pin with a friend who has made his own homebrew pins from scratch. We didn't want to waste our time developing it without a chance of actually licensing the pin, for production. Took a few weeks, finally got the person I needed to speak with, and explained what were doing, and what we would like to do.

Came to an agreement, that we could get it licensed, for 250 units, for 12,500.00 and let them know we were a good 2 years out on something good enough to consider for production. We left it at that, and to contact her when we were further along on development. Fast forward a few months later, and she calls to see how we are doing, and if we were ready to purchase licensing. I said we are just in the planning stages, and working on layout, content, etc. She says we can lock you in on licensing, it would be 85,000.00 I said, uhhhh no.. you said 12,500.00 and then she goes on this long winded story of how the movie is a "hot commodity" and I said yeah, 10+ year old movies with no sequel are just on fire, and thanks for nothing.

Looks like someone else expressed interest and that drove the price through the roof. The first time I pitched the idea of a themed pin she didn't even seem to care.

#434 10 years ago

I had contacted Jeff Bridges assistant to see if they knew anything of it. She said "Jeff knows nothing about this"...

I would think with issues of using likeness on a pin, Bridges would have to know something. I don't think they can just use his stuff without him knowing anything about it. right?

#435 10 years ago

Weekly Shirts has a dude shirt up. http://weeklyshirts.com/The-Dude-Quotes/aaa146/10011/
but im still hoping for some real, solid pin news

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I had contacted Jeff Bridges assistant to see if they knew anything of it. She said "Jeff knows nothing about this"...
I would think with issues of using likeness on a pin, Bridges would have to know something. I don't think they can just use his stuff without him knowing anything about it. right?

John Goodman was just on Howard Stern - Howard asked him if he's getting tons of dough from all the Lebowski stuff that's selling now...he said he doesn't see a dime of it, but he doesn't mind because he loves the movie so much.

The actors were just actors...they don't have a piece of the property. I think Universal owns the film now, and probably handles the licensing.

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The actors were just actors...they don't have a piece of the property.

True - the only reason to contact them would be to see if they wanted to do voice work.

#438 10 years ago

I brought that up after reading some of the issues that are coming up regarding TAF. Something about Raul Julia's likeness and that his likeness can not be used.

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The actors were just actors...they don't have a piece of the property. I think Universal owns the film now, and probably handles the licensing.

It all depends on the contracts the companies signed with each individual actor. Some actors just take a one time payment that's fairly large, others take a smaller payment but take "points on the end" which are percentages of theater ticket sales, licensed product sales, and other stuff. Then, there are guys who somehow manage to protect their image/identity so well that their contract only allows the use of their likeness in certain forms, but not others. A perfect example of this is Michael J. Fox not allowing Data East to use his likeness on the BTTF pin.

Wild stuff, but sadly, it's all just about money.

#440 10 years ago

Reading all buzz around the net, i am thinking that this aint a ready to sell pin. Not even on the verge of being build.

What i think is that they have a full ready pin, or an almost ready prototype. And that they are looking for a manufacturor to team up with them and sell a limited amount of them.

Not sure off course, but this is what i make out of all the chat about this pin.

A few days, and then we know.

#441 10 years ago

After George Lucas showed the power of licensing with Star Wars the studios (and producers) got a lot smarter about controlling what can be done. In his deal with 20th Fox he he controlled the merchandising rights, and of course they turned out to be worth millions. I believe he ended up taking Indiana Jones to Paramount since Fox wanted to own licensing/merchandizing.

Carrie fisher had a great quote one time about George Lucas's ownership of her likeness, something along the lines of "every time I look in the mirror I have to send George Lucas 25 cents"

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

worth millions.

Millions with a capital "B".

#444 10 years ago

Yeah......
We got weed and peace and you have mass shootings and are invading other countries for shitty reasons.
Whats your point? Are we discussing pinball or politics?

LOL
Thats what i said.
He started it and i ended it.

WTF are you talking about? You pulled that stuff out of left field*

Peace, love and pinball brother!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_left_field

#445 10 years ago

I'm on the edge of my seat.

#446 10 years ago

The Rug...holding its spot in the Pinball Room

TBL rug.jpgTBL rug.jpg
#447 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Millions with a capital "B".

yes that was a typo

#448 10 years ago

How did I miss this? not a lot of info but TBL is talked about...won't be long now...

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

How did I miss this? not a lot of info but TBL is talked about...won't be long now...
» YouTube video

Would be fun to get high and talk pinball with those guys!

#450 10 years ago

It will most likely be the revealing of a petition website to show proven support for a cult favorite, "R-Rated" theme. Then with proof of solid pinball enthusiast support, hopefully it will entice a major pin manfacturer to obtain TBL licence & produce a large number of these. They'd sell a ton of them! But it could be an annoucment that a small time manufacturer has obtained the licence and plans on designing & manfacturing a very small, limited number of TBL pins. That would be bittersweet for most of us who would love to own one, but probably wouldn't get the chance to on a small production run. We shall see....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-lebowski-pinball-confirmed-viral-campaign-in-effect/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.