bth_38659358.gif
finish him stooges.gif
pindude.jpg
im just gonna go find a cash machine.jpg
TBL I am ready.jpg
image-165.jpg
super walter.JPG
TBL rug.jpg
There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
#651 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Those that are actually thinking of pre-paying and waiting, just remember what happened to the Bumper Customers in Australia.

Come on...that's not fair. Unless they are a bunch of con men, they have a factory set up and a licence.

#652 10 years ago

Why do I get the feeling these guys will get a game done before Jpop?

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jpop is making a game?

#654 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wanna make a bet?

#655 10 years ago

One of these days I am going to watch this movie.

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Come on...that's not fair. Unless they are a bunch of con men, they have a factory set up and a licence.

I don't think they are con men but businesses do fall over. While the cost of the pin is about the norm now labour costs in Holland are high. I would wait until they start rolling off the line to give them my money.

#657 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I don't think they are con men but businesses do fall over. While the cost of the pin is about the norm now labour costs in Holland are high. I would wait until they start rolling off the line to give them my money.

depends on many will be built.

#658 10 years ago

Wait a second... So you are telling me this viral campaign of trying to build hype for 69 days is so they can then reveal they have finally acquired the license and then attempt to get cash to fund their start up and build hype for another 18 months before projected production...

LOL

The preorder stuff is so ridiculous and almost as bad as the pricetag from a non-established company with no proof on concept or a leg to stand on.

Call me when the game is done and I can buy it....

Call me when you are ready to actually reveal the game. This is a perfect example of viral failure. I apologize for ever thinking bakushaun was ever behind this. He has done a much better job viral marketing his epic party than this failure in viral marketing. When you run a hype machine you had better actually have something worth seeing when you get the big reveal.

#659 10 years ago

And those who say DP is proven... where??? a PROC BOP isn't proven!!!

Playfield design is everything just because they can code doesn't mean they are world class designers. sorry but true

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe. But will it be any good? Who's designing the game? I see lots of artists and tech people but no one with pinball experience.

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait a second... So you are telling me this viral campaign of trying to build hype for 69 days is so they can then reveal they have finally acquired the license and then attempt to get cash to fund their start up and build hype for another 18 months before projected production...
LOL
The preorder stuff is so ridiculous and almost as bad as the pricetag from a non-established company with no proof on concept or a leg to stand on.
Call me when you are ready to actually reveal the game. This is a perfect example of viral failure. I apologize for ever thinking bakushaun was ever behind this. He has done a much better job viral marketing his epic party than this failure in viral marketing. When you run a hype machine you had better actually have something worth seeing when you get the big reveal.

so true,
rince and repeat, peoples still buy sight unseen and they are the first ones to say ''i'm out'' to expensive'' ''no more for me''.

by doing this companies like JJP (first one), planetary, Skit b and all the others will take advantage of this.

thank god stern's not doing this we actually see what we buy!

#662 10 years ago

Pre-ordered mine at 12:01pm. Now the true countdown begins!

#663 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL

I was expecting to see the rug come off and a proto of the game instead we got a payment schedule and an alleged shipping date.
Fu(k this Dude, let's go bowling.

#664 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

One of these days I am going to watch this movie.

I'm with you.

#665 10 years ago

official order number is 78840...I'm in!

#666 10 years ago

#36547 here. Their numbering is all over.

#667 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I was expecting to see the rug come off and a proto of the game instead we got a payment schedule and an alleged shipping date.
Fu(k this Dude, let's go bowling.

I was expecting the same thing and I was disappointed at first, but decided to take the plunge with a deposit. I figured you would jump in as well.

#668 10 years ago

I haven't put in a deposit, but then again I didn't buy a MMR or P^3 either even though I think those are exciting projects. It's not because I'm worried they didn't reveal a design though, I'm just cheap. As long as they get good feedback and ideas on the design I think it could actually be a very good thing to have a more transparent design process.

#669 10 years ago

Great campaign! For an eighteen month or more wait. Anything could happen in that time. Best of luck, will buy one once produced. I have...finally...learned my lesson on preorders.

#670 10 years ago

in.. even after the xmen experience, couldn't pass this up. i do wish it was a limited run though... I think it gives them a better chance; economies of scale and all that. without something to get people to "act now" may not get enough orders / unravel

#671 10 years ago

I am in dudes! Pretty funny they used the title from the fake preorder thread in the advert. This can be an amazing pin. I would like to learn a bit more about DP.

#672 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

so true,
rince and repeat, peoples still buy sight unseen and they are the first ones to say ''i'm out'' to expensive'' ''no more for me''.
by doing this companies like JJP (first one), planetary, Skit b and all the others will take advantage of this.
thank god stern's not doing this we actually see what we buy!

Predator is COMPLETELY different!

If this was $250 deposit to hold a spot and then payment when your specific game is actually going into production, then I would possibly be interested in the theme enough to cough up $250.

That is ALL predator has ever been! $250 refundable deposit and those guys have had MANY prototype games to see and in some cases play before even needing to commit the $250.

Lebowski payment schedule is BS and The DUDE would not abide by this!

At least have the decency to show me an actual game before asking for my money man. This is so uncool.

#673 10 years ago

I would say there is a good chance any company asking for big money without even a physical prototype could evaporate before you can blink and good luck getting your cash back from overseas...

#674 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

in.. even after the xmen experience, couldn't pass this up

Pass what up?

A pin you haven't seen yet for $9k after shipping? From an unproven overseas company?

Obviously anyone who is pre-ordering at this point is doing so based solely on the theme. I like the theme for sure, but I wouldn't even think for a second about pre-ordering this under these circumstances.

#675 10 years ago

Building high end pins as a new company is not a "build it and they will come" venture. I don't see it happening without preorder. Even applies to a wildly popular title like MM.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 10 years ago

yes theme. and refundable so if it starts to go sideways will back out

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Pre-ordered mine at 12:01pm. Now the true countdown begins!

The countdown to your divorce?

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yes theme. and refundable so if it starts to go sideways will back out

hope you get your $$$ back if that time comes...

I am seriously curious how so many can blindly fork over large sums of cash to an overseas company that at this point only exists as 2 hired girls in bowling outfits at expo, a single web page with a 69 day countdown, and now a claim of holding the official lebowski rights for a pinball machine along with some empty FAQs?

no designer? no infrastructure? no programmer? no nothing.

How does anyone have the confidence to send a company like this $$$ is beyond me.

#679 10 years ago

I just Googled DP ...... somewhat shocked....

Seriously Dutch products quality wise are excellent. At least there is no LE version for everyone to whinge about.

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say there is a good chance any company asking for big money without even a physical prototype could evaporate before you can blink and good luck getting your cash back from overseas...

You're kidding right? These guys will have buckets of cash by the end of the week. Hell, according to one post is costs 85K just for the licensing. When this news hits the mainstream Lebowski fans, any fears you have should be put to rest as they will pre order in droves.

#681 10 years ago

Well, we're talking $1k here to start, not $8500 paid today. I will feel differently when they ask me for further instalments if we've not seen anything.

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

hope you get your $$$ back if that time comes...
I am seriously curious how so many can blindly fork over large sums of cash to an overseas company that at this point only exists as 2 hired girls in bowling outfits at expo, a single web page with a 69 day countdown, and now a claim of holding the official lebowski rights for a pinball machine along with some empty FAQs?
How does anyone have the confidence to send a company like this $$$ is beyond me.

I can afford to lose $1k if it completely unraveled. If by april (next payment) things don't look more solid i may re-evaluate

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I've never actually met them, and obviously I'm also just some random person on the Internet, but Koen and Barry have been active on the Pinball Controllers (P-ROC) forum for several years now. They are certainly capable of doing the programming, if nothing else.

#684 10 years ago

Happy about the game, but sad panda about the price. Can't get one unfortunately.

#685 10 years ago

Relax.....these guys are known in Holland, and they've been around pinball for a while, seriously doubt this is a fly by night operation.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/p3roc/index.html

http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?cat=11

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I am in dudes! Pretty funny they used the title from the fake preorder thread in the advert. This can be an amazing pin. I would like to learn a bit more about DP.

Wow, this is amazing. We have to hand it to both RTR for sparking interest in this theme and Dutch Pinball for stepping up to make it.

From RTR's original thread:

"Obviously this could be the greatest pin theme ever. No one is really talking about doing it, but we can dream right?"

Who says no one ever listens to people on Pinside? How cool that a new machine could be made because we all asked for it right here. Awesome.

#687 10 years ago

Check out their work on the BOP....looks awesome.

http://scottdanesi.com/WP/?cat=11

#688 10 years ago

Interestingly this pin is cheaper for USA than for those buying in Europe!! About $1200 cheaper buying in USA, after doing all the exchange rates.

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interestingly this pin is cheaper for USA than for those buying in Europe!! About $1200 cheaper buying in USA, after doing all the exchange rates.
http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder

That's including VAT for EU countries. Excluding tax it's the same price.

#690 10 years ago

Awesome news. Congratulations to Dutch Pinball for pulling this off. With BOP 2.0 they already showed the best dot animations in pinball history. I'm very confident they will create a truly great game for this one. Great marketing as well!

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

You're kidding right? These guys will have buckets of cash by the end of the week. Hell, according to one post is costs 85K just for the licensing. When this news hits the mainstream Lebowski fans, any fears you have should be put to rest as they will pre order in droves.

The 85K for licensing alone scares me from thinking this could even get done. That seems really high based on the $50 per game that sounds to be standard for other pinball manufacturers.

I just don't see any benefit in giving an unknown company this much money, esp when they are overseas. When they have a physical game to show then my tune may change, but as of right now this is what I call LARGE risk and little possible reward. Probably the most out of whack preorder circumstances yet.

#692 10 years ago

It's refreshing to see such a polished marketing campaign from a pinball company. They seem to have assembled a large team (see 'about us' tab on the website) and have also put some thought into how the machine will be distributed, great idea to have a warehouse in the US. Also nice that they are donating to charity.

I was also very happy to read that they will be using original movie clips and quotes from the movie given that some recent releases from the other manufacturers have not made full use of their licenses in terms of quotes and music.

All in all the amount of work they have put into their advertising campaign and website bodes well for the pinball machine.

#693 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The 85K for licensing alone scares me from thinking this could even get done. That seems really high based on the $50 per game that sounds to be standard for other pinball manufacturers.
I just don't see any benefit in giving an unknown company this much money, esp when they are overseas. When they have a physical game to show then my tune may change, but as of right now this is what I call LARGE risk and little possible reward. Probably the most out of whack preorder circumstances yet.

I don't see it that way, but I can understand some would. AFAIK, the licensing fees are around $100 to $200 per game. I seem to remember a discussion that JJP was in the $200 range for WOZ.

#694 10 years ago

Don't see ANY reason at all to buy into this today. Yeah... It's a dream theme, but since they haven't announced a production run of 50 units... why drop $1K plus instalments and ride the emotional roller coaster that'll be the next 3 years?
I'll be happy to order mine in 2015, even if it means a small premium.

Wish there was more to see at this stage given the hype.
But I'll be watching closely.

More pinball is good pinball

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Don't see ANY reason at all to buy into this today. Yeah... It's a dream theme, but since they haven't announced a production run of 50 units... why drop $1K plus instalments and ride the emotional roller coaster that'll be the next 3 years?
I'll be happy to order mine in 2015, even if it means a small premium.
Wish there was more to see at this stage given the hype.
But I'll be watching closely.
More pinball is good pinball

+1

#696 10 years ago

Who said what the price is? Anyone help a dude out?

#698 10 years ago

I'm as good as out at that price point. I will take comfort in knowing its out there though man.

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm as good as out at that price point. I will take comfort in knowing its out there though man.

I pretty much am too. It's not necessarily the price alone. They haven't shown anything much yet except that they have a team and secured a license. Even if I put in a deposit, then I have to make a decision every three months whether to keep going or not. And all you get for your pre order is that you are supposed to be at the front of the line if they actually hit their estimated delivery dates. It's not enough for me.

#700 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is what I call LARGE risk and little possible reward.

Look around you though. This is a forum for people who collect expensive luxury games. I marvel at how some people on here can grab up whatever NIB they want whenever they want. By all means more power to them, (I'd like to get there too myself one day) but you think $1,000 deposit is a LARGE anything for people who collect cars, pinball games, etc.? Hell no. It'd still suck to lose it, but for a lot of folks it's not going to keep them up at night worrying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-lebowski-pinball-confirmed-viral-campaign-in-effect/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.