Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game is more enjoyable to play?”

• Big Lebowski 68 votes
    60%
  • GnR LE 45 votes
    40%

(113 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I felt this way in Hobbit. After a couple of weeks of owning it, I wasn't sure what I was playing for. I didn't care to play the modes, Smaug was more of a mini-wizard than anything, and getting to TABA was an absolute slog.
When you got a MB it didn't feel special, just felt like part of this never-ending game that required at least an hour of your time.
I had this game at the same time as LOTR, and it was sort of a chance for me to compare these two epic themes. I quickly realized that LOTR was the game that would be staying for me.

I felt EXACTLY the same. TH was a shitfest of multiball with a wide open layout. IT SUCKED. One of my most hated regretful purchases ever.

I find the mb in GnR nothing like TH. There is real strategy to the stackable 2 ball mb's. They are a means to get something else - not a real special achievement in a traditional mb sense. The 2 ball mb's are not special.

It's the songs that are more akin to traditional mb's. The risk/ reward elevates the challenge to strive for a huge jackpot. You need those 2-balls to set it all up.

It's all about the rules. If you understand what you're trying to do, the 2 ball mb's really represent modes to set up killer song value. To consider it as a jackpot inducing achievement like Stern games is completely off the mark. But I get it that it would suck if you think they are supposed to be like a Stern mb.

Hard to explain, but spending time until it made sense took away any comparison as a mb shit-fest. It has a real specific purpose for setting up for a killer game.

Plus the LE layout is awesome. i would never consider an SE. That upper pf is what makes the layout great.

6 months later
#27 1 year ago

I'm guilty of honeymoon posting.

I have since sold my GnRLE since my previous gushing comment. It was really fun at first, but the gameplay got stale.

It became tedious until it was no longer fun to play and I had to let it go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-lebowski-or-gnr-le?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.