IMG_20180902_213945 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213248 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213848 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213302 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213043 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180902_213029 (resized).jpg
will sampson (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

If it were an El Dorado, it would win. But yes, TA is boring. I would go with Big Indian.

#8 5 years ago

My problems with Target Alpha and Solar City are two fold.

They altered the drain lanes a bit to increase ball time. Which is why it is very possible to complete all 15 targets in one ball when it typically takes more than 5 on El Dorado.

Which leads to my second dislike. Once you have all the targets down, there isn't anything left to shoot for (directly) other than to keep sending the ball up right in hopes of EB or special.

If set ultra conservative, it might make for a decent competition game. But I am a man verses Machine type of player.

Big Indian/Brave offer a good mix of things to shoot for. And the Vari Target offers a good risk vs reward with the 5000 and 5 bonus advances which can result in 15,000 for a single shot on last ball (Bonus double). But often results in a fight to save a SDTM ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-indian-vs-target-alpha-?tu=CactusJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.