1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Big Indian 10pt relay (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Working on a Big Indian. Nothing on the playfield will score 10 or 100 points. This is true for all four players.

500 and 5000 score fine. I have checked and no switches closed, N and M relays not locked on but manually closing them step reels on all four players.

Also, bonus will accrue and counts down but will not score.

I'm stuck. Any ideas are appreciated

#2 1 year ago

Do you have the schematic? There's a normally closed switch at Motor 1C (8H on the schematic, red+white wire to white wire) that connects the power rail to all kinds of 10 and 100 point things. If that's not closed all kinds of things won't score.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Do you have the schematic? There's a normally closed switch at Motor 1C (8H on the schematic, red+white wire to white wire) that connects the power rail to all kinds of 10 and 100 point things. If that's not closed all kinds of things won't score.
    /Mark

Thanks for the reply, Mark. I suspected that switch, I think on the manual it is the fifth switch, and checked it. Also, the reason I don't think that is it is because things further up the circuit, such as the B, I and G rollovers and the in lane and outline rollovers, do work.

For further info, the outlanes score properly lit or unlit. However, the inlanes, which run through the B and G relays, will score 500 when lit but not 100 when not.

I have gone over all those make/breaks on the B,I and G relays and they are all good. Even when the m/b are in the 100 position, they will not score. Same is true for the bullseye targets. Score at 500, not at 100.

#4 1 year ago

Try a two player game and report back if it’s doing the same thing. Sounds like it’s isolated on the player one score reel to me.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Try a two player game and report back if it’s doing the same thing. Sounds like it’s isolated on the player one score reel to me.

See original post, I noted that it does not work on any of the four players.

#6 1 year ago

Sounds like one of the long daisy chained wires, like maybe the white wire on the Motor 1C switch, might have a disconnect somewhere. That might explain why some things work and others don't.
    Big Indian 10pt relay (resized).jpgBig Indian 10pt relay (resized).jpg
    I'd start by tracing the circuit through one of the 10 point kicking rubber switches. Just one of those and the Motor 1C switch should be enough to fire the N/10 point relay. This would be a good application for a bulb tester to see where the signal fails to get through. Or you could use a meter, or jumpers, etc.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Sounds like one of the long daisy chained wires, like maybe the white wire on the Motor 1C switch, might have a disconnect somewhere. That might explain why some things work and others don't.
    [quoted image]
    I'd start by tracing the circuit through one of the 10 point kicking rubber switches. Just one of those and the Motor 1C switch should be enough to fire the N/10 point relay. This would be a good application for a bulb tester to see where the signal fails to get through. Or you could use a meter, or jumpers, etc.

I'll give that a try. The game is at a friend's house so I'll have to wait until I go back over.

1 week later
    #8 1 year ago

Well...uhh...duh...

Didn't have the small Jones plug that comes from the playfield to the head plugged it.

No matter how long you work on these you can make noob mistakes.

MarkG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-indian-scoring-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.