(Topic ID: 49788)

"Big Indian" or "Surf Champ" as only EM pin ?

By Mercury

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hugo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“"Surfer" or "Big Brave"”

(Multiple choice - 0 votes)

#1 10 years ago

Which pin is better? "Big Indian" or "Surf Champ"?

Then when you pick the best one do you go with 2 or the 4 player

variant? Thanks))

#2 10 years ago

I have a "Big Brave".. the game can be infuriating...

If you go with the "Brave/Indian" you are gonna want yellow dot flipper coils...

#3 10 years ago

I lean towards Surf Champ.

Of all the Gottlieb games of that era, Big Shot / Hot Shot are my personal favorite. Always enjoy plenty of targets.

#4 10 years ago

Surf Champ - since 8 years in my collection and i still like to play it

#5 10 years ago

unless you REALLY REALLY like vari-targets, surf champ...

2 player (surfer)... half as many score reels to deal with...

#6 10 years ago

I've owned both Big Brave and Surf Champ. (I still have Surf Champ.)

They're both equally good. Get whichever game is in better condition.

I like the art on Surfer better than Surf Champ (with the guy wiping out) but a 4 player comes in handy if you have a group over.

#7 10 years ago

Surfer (less filling, more taste)

#9 10 years ago

Either way you can't go wrong. I would choose surf champ only because it has a spinner. Other than that both great games with similar layouts.

#10 10 years ago

I lean towards the Surf myself. (Funny, none of the Pinside 'regulars' seem to be posting in this thread. )

#11 10 years ago

Both are great, I've always favored Surf Champ myself.

#12 10 years ago

I've owned a surf champ for a while now and it's a really fun pin. Never owned a Big Indian but it looks good too. The spinner on surf champ is a satisfying shot. The drop target reset is also a plus. I'll be sad when it eventually goes because I know I'll want another one at some point.

#13 10 years ago

I would've easily said Surf Champ before my last visit to PAPA. I had a long session on Big Brave there, and refused to walk away before I rolled it. It's really an addicting 'one more game' kick-your-butt em. Lean towards Big Brave... Oh the temptation of that vari-target, which will brutalize you if you miss it!

#14 10 years ago

Both are great games so you can't go wrong , I lean towards big brave/indian , but its close .

#15 10 years ago

Big Brave/Big Indian. Big Brave of the two. For me it's sentimental first because it was one of the first games I played a crapload of when I first got into pinball. Second, and the more prominent reason, you can keep winning specials without draining once you have it lit. I've owned a few exceptional Surfers and never keep one for that primary reason where you can only win one special per ball when you get it lit.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#16 10 years ago

Had a lot of fun with the big indian
killer come from behind wins on the last ball

#17 10 years ago

I'd go with Big Indian

#18 10 years ago

Big Indian- Me likes vari-targets.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! I never thought I'd like Big Brave til I tried it...I like Surfer

too but Big Brave really got to me...Goes to show until you play a table Ya never know no

matter what you read about it....

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

Tough call. Both are fun games.

If I had room for either I would pick up whichever was local first for the right price.

Ken

#21 10 years ago

I have also had both games. I like Surf Champ or Surfer over Big brave. I also think it has a much nicer look to it.

#22 10 years ago

Big indian. if you set it up right plays very fast especially with yellow dot coils from PBR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-indian-or-surf-champ-as-only-em-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.