Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The 4th player 1000 is not working properly. The 100's work as should after it reaches 900 it will trip to 1000 but after 1900 the 1000 reel with jump up to 5 or 6000 and erratic from there on. This is only in player 4.... Any Ideas.

#2 8 years ago

Well, obviously power is getting to the fourth player through the player unit.

I would check the EOS on the 1000s reel. Since this isn't happening on the other players I doubt it's the relay. Also a possible is the anti reversing spring on the 1000s reel.

I don't think the issue is in the player unit though.

#3 8 years ago

Ok good advice. I did check gaps on the hundred and missed with 1000 but I am going to clean them when I get out of work to see if that makes a difference.

#4 8 years ago

Once that score reel steps from 0 to 1, then the "runout" switch is closed again. This can allow the "reset" path to work again if a switch on the score reset relay is gapped too close.

I don't have a Big Indian schematic, but if it has player reset relays like Z1, Z2, Z3, then check the reset relay for player 4 (would usually be Z2 or Z3, depending on what config they used for that game). So for example, it could be a switch stuck closed on Z3, which allows the reset path to work for the score reel again once it moves off 0.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Once that score reel steps from 0 to 1, then the "runout" switch is closed again. This can allow the "reset" path to work again if a switch on the score reset relay is gapped too close.
I don't have a Big Indian schematic, but if it has player reset relays like Z1, Z2, Z3, then check the reset relay for player 4 (would usually be Z2 or Z3, depending on what config they used for that game). So for example, it could be a switch stuck closed on Z3, which allows the reset path to work for the score reel again once it moves off 0.

This is way better advice than mine. Makes sense.

#6 8 years ago

DirtFlipper. Z2 relay all the way had a switch closed.. Problem solved works mint now. Still having trouble with the players skipping. I have singled out to cam 2, stack C there is a contact that advances the coil to the player stepper. This contact seems bouncy to me and I don't have a good photo of this score motor to see if it has been altered by someone. I want to but a stiff leaf in between them to stiffen it up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-indian-4th-player-score-reel-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.