• Neat! BH owners would most likely want to buy one. 7 votes
    39%
  • I'd buy one! 4 votes
    22%
  • Maybe 5 votes
    28%
  • Meh 3 votes
    17%

(Multiple choice - 18 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1696.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg
IMG_1691.jpg
IMG_1695.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I love my Big Hurt but I always thought the glove looks nothing like a glove...
As I am currently looking at building my own mod with a glove (plus support arm) of the exact same dimensions made of stiff actual leather (or synthetic), I have the option of having a small series manufactured.
But before I do so I thought I would try and get a feeling of how many people might be interested in buying one.
I'm thinking of a retail price around $20-$50.
(Prototype/sample photos to come soon depending on interest.)
Please let me know your thoughts!
Thank you!

#2 5 years ago

This must be the coolest mod ever! But the price kind of Hurts.

#3 5 years ago

I would be in depending on how it looks. Mike

#4 5 years ago

I'm in if it turns out nice

#5 5 years ago

i'd take a poll first on how many own Big hurt. Personally, i've never seen one in someones collection. The community is small.

#6 5 years ago

I'll be number one on big hurt owners! Well, the op I guess is number one so I'll take the number 2 spot

#7 5 years ago

If it looks good I bet my dad would buy one for his.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If it looks good I bet my dad would buy one for his.

What he said

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd take a poll first on how many own Big Hurt. Personally, i've never seen one in someones collection. The community is small.

Big Hurt is a fantastic game. They are out there.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I havn't played one enough to know either way. I'm just saying, I havn't seen one in anyones collection that i've been to in the past 11 years or so. The numbers have to be low.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I havn't played one enough to know either way. I'm just saying, I havn't seen one in anyones collection that i've been to in the past 11 years or so. The numbers have to be low.

I hear ya... sports themes certainly don't get a lot of love. If you look closely at a FTBH playfield, it has a TON going on. Great shots, VUKs, cool wire forms, neat ramps, capture ball, saucer, pops, interactive toy, the works. It's a cool game. If it were built today, it would cost a fortune to make

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

cool wire forms,

I have always thought Big Hurt may have the coolest wireforms on any machine. It is also my favorite and only remaining system 3 game. They went over the top on this one and made the rules deep enough that it is not always that easy to complete. I really enjoy the 7th inning stretch, but find that I rarely get there. The layout is unique, and it is a fun game to shoot.

#13 5 years ago

Hitting the gaps back and forth is one of my favorite shots on any game. Getting it timed just right is a lot of fun. I think I have hit close to 10 in a row before, alternating them back and forth.

#14 5 years ago

The orbit shots come around extremely fast as well.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Agreed.

If someone can come up new roms to remove the audio references to Frank Thomas this pinball would be epic.

The current relentless call outs are overwhelming(even in attract mode) and in my opinion diminish the experience. I am not trying to offend any Frank Thomas fans or trying to criticize FT in any way. AFAIK FT may be the greatest baseball player of all time. I'm just saying that for a pinballer who isn't familiar with Frank Thomas (me), or one who follows baseball (again me), having the call outs be player positions (ie..."Great catch by Center Field") or fictitious baseball teams (ie.. "The Cheetah's have scored another run!") would greatly improve this game.

Does anyone agree, or am I totally off base (pun intended) with this comment?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The current relentless call outs are overwhelming(even in attract mode)

You can turn them off in attract mode as I did.

#17 5 years ago

And hold the flippers up before you launch the ball and the callouts will be diminished.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hear ya... sports themes certainly don't get a lot of love. If you look closely at a FTBH playfield, it has a TON going on. Great shots, VUKs, cool wire forms, neat ramps, capture ball, saucer, pops, interactive toy, the works. It's a cool game. If it were built today, it would cost a fortune to make

I'd definitely play one if I can find one. I havn't seen one at a pinball show in at least 8 years. If I did see one it was down. Might be one at pinburgh, i'll give it a go. I'm always excited to play a DMD i've never played, because it's so rare to have that chance.

#19 5 years ago

Its definitely a fun game, if you're ever around Toledo Ohio get ahold of me and you can try mine

#20 5 years ago

I drive through it a lot. but usually on a mission to get somewhere or get my ass back home before 4 am.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I havn't seen one at a pinball show in at least 8 years.

There will be one at TPF in a few months

#22 5 years ago

I don't go to TPF. 21 hour drive 1 way is a little much for me.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Agreed.
If someone can come up new roms to remove the audio references to Frank Thomas this pinball would be epic.
The current relentless call outs are overwhelming(even in attract mode) and in my opinion diminish the experience. I am not trying to offend any Frank Thomas fans or trying to criticize FT in any way. AFAIK FT may be the greatest baseball player of all time. I'm just saying that for a pinballer who isn't familiar with Frank Thomas (me), or one who follows baseball (again me), having the call outs be player positions (ie..."Great catch by Center Field") or fictitious baseball teams (ie.. "The Cheetah's have scored another run!") would greatly improve this game.
Does anyone agree, or am I totally off base (pun intended) with this comment?

Is this really possible to alter?

#24 5 years ago

Op- anything new on the glove?

#25 5 years ago

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Obviously photos are needed, so I'll focus on finishing up the prototype and will post photos as soon as ready, which should be in the next 3-4 weeks.
;o)

#26 4 years ago

Awesome, can't wait to see it!

1 month later
#27 4 years ago

Any updates on the glove?

1 week later
#28 4 years ago

Any update?

#29 4 years ago

I will take a big hurt to go along with this mod..

1 month later
#30 4 years ago

Sorry all, this is still in the (very busy) pipeline, but as too often in (my?) life, things take much longer than first anticipated... /

1 month later
#31 4 years ago

Anything new on the glove?

1 month later
#32 4 years ago

Glove update/Pics? I want one.

3 months later
#33 4 years ago

IMG_1695.jpg
IMG_1691.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg
IMG_1696.jpg

#34 4 years ago

That looks awesome! Looks like a lot of work went into it

#35 4 years ago

That looks awesome! Will you be selling them? Mike

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

That looks awesome! Will you be selling them? Mike

Nah I thought there were just too few votes to justify it.

#37 4 years ago

Good thing I sold big hurt today or I'd be hounding you for one!

2 months later
#38 4 years ago

If you change your mind put me on the list, they look great and I'd love to give one a try.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbia, SC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 249.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 33.50
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside