Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Working on a Big Hurt machine. Need to understand the ball action if the ramp shot is missed and the ball falls behind the ramp where the glove sweeps back and forth. Could someone post a photo of this area, or even better, a video? The question is whether the ball is supposed to drain both left and right? Looks like my machine might be missing a post to the left on the playfield behind the ramp. Only pics I can find are at too much of an angle to see behind the ramp--best shot would be straight down through the glass directly above the Warning Track plastic.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

The glove will push the ball to either to the left VUK or to the right where the bumpers are.

I can post a video tonight after I get home if someone else doesn't.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The glove will push the ball to either to the left VUK or to the right where the bumpers are.

I can confirm this. Totally random based on where the glove happens to be when the ball drops.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks! I'm particularly interested to see if there is a post on the left by the up-kicker. There appears to be a tiny hole in my playfield there that could be from a screw-in post.

#5 10 years ago

Here is a crappy video I took with my phone. Let me know if you need to see anything else.

#6 10 years ago

Perfect!! My sincere thanks. For some reason the playfield I have has a small hole in it between the VUK and the channel for the glove arm. Looked like a post had been screwed in. Guess I'll just patch it.

Thanks again! Excited to get the pin working in honor of Frank Thomas' HOF induction!

#7 10 years ago

Cool deal. I just recently got my Big Hurt 100% operational. It's a fun game.

#8 10 years ago

Yep. Ratings be damned! Big Hurt is solid machine with a unique layout, and has about every feature you could want in a DMD machine.

I had a second Big Hurt where the Glove wouldn't kick the ball into the left VUK hole. It would just get stuck there. So I put a small length of automotive vacuum hose on the little metal pivot on the bottom of the glove, and that did the trick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-hurt-photosvideo-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.