image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
VGW_pics_002.jpg
VGW_pics_001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rampshot11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys, I am starting a Big Hurt Playfield swap. I figured some fellow pinsiders might get something out of it. I traded my CBW for a Big Hurt in pretty good shape except for the playfield. PBR had a NOS Big Hurt playfield so I picked it up and decided to clear coat the NOS pf before starting the swap. I am also re-golding all of the wire forms because they lost the golden shine they once had. If people are interested, I will post before and after pics. I have added some pics of the NOS pf before the clear coat. Once its done, I'll post some pf pics of the clear coated pf.

VGW_pics_001.jpgVGW_pics_001.jpg

VGW_pics_002.jpgVGW_pics_002.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Some pretty bad ware on the original playfield.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Here's some pics of the clear coated playfield , still need to polish and wax it but it's not bad for my first time doing it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did that NOS playfield have a mylar sheet on it when you got it?
Anyway congrats! Big Hurt will be a fun game for a long time. Even after going mostly EM I still have mine.

Thanks Odin!
No mylar on the NOS playfield which was nice because I would have had to remove it first. I messed up a little when scuffing the playfield before I cleared it, I should have used a lighter grit because you can see some very minut scratches under the clear but it is hardly noticeable so i'll no better next time.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One thing I have noticed on BH is some of the mode inserts are almost always burned to a point. That is a result of flasher bulbs that are mounted too close to the inserts. On mine I bent the bulb brackets away from the inserts to prevent this.

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind when I get the the new playfield swapped. Thanks.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

LOOKS GREAT!!! Joe

Thanks Joe!!!

#13 8 years ago

Yes Gov, it is a very fun game. It was working fine before I decided to dismantle it and put in the new pf. Can't wait to play it when it's done! I'm doing completely new flipper parts and cleaning the drop target assembly. Also re doing all the wireforms. And replacing anything else that needs it along the way.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rampshot11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-hurt-pf-swap?tu=rampshot11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.