Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
VGW_pics_002.jpg
VGW_pics_001.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys, I am starting a Big Hurt Playfield swap. I figured some fellow pinsiders might get something out of it. I traded my CBW for a Big Hurt in pretty good shape except for the playfield. PBR had a NOS Big Hurt playfield so I picked it up and decided to clear coat the NOS pf before starting the swap. I am also re-golding all of the wire forms because they lost the golden shine they once had. If people are interested, I will post before and after pics. I have added some pics of the NOS pf before the clear coat. Once its done, I'll post some pf pics of the clear coated pf.

VGW_pics_001.jpg

VGW_pics_002.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Big Hurt was one of the better Premier / Gottliebs. There are times that I do miss it.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

#3 4 years ago

Some pretty bad ware on the original playfield.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Here's some pics of the clear coated playfield , still need to polish and wax it but it's not bad for my first time doing it.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#5 4 years ago

Did that NOS playfield have a mylar sheet on it when you got it?
Anyway congrats! Big Hurt will be a fun game for a long time. Even after going mostly EM I still have mine.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did that NOS playfield have a mylar sheet on it when you got it?
Anyway congrats! Big Hurt will be a fun game for a long time. Even after going mostly EM I still have mine.

Thanks Odin!
No mylar on the NOS playfield which was nice because I would have had to remove it first. I messed up a little when scuffing the playfield before I cleared it, I should have used a lighter grit because you can see some very minut scratches under the clear but it is hardly noticeable so i'll no better next time.

#7 4 years ago

One thing I have noticed on BH is some of the mode inserts are almost always burned to a point. That is a result of flasher bulbs that are mounted too close to the inserts. On mine I bent the bulb brackets away from the inserts to prevent this.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One thing I have noticed on BH is some of the mode inserts are almost always burned to a point. That is a result of flasher bulbs that are mounted too close to the inserts. On mine I bent the bulb brackets away from the inserts to prevent this.

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind when I get the the new playfield swapped. Thanks.

#9 4 years ago

It looks like you have that burn on your old one.

#10 4 years ago

LOOKS GREAT!!! Joe

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

LOOKS GREAT!!! Joe

Thanks Joe!!!

#12 4 years ago

Looks good. My dad restored a Big Hurt last year. He didn't have the luxury of a NOS playfield though, that would have been nice.

It is a very fun game and most people are surprised by how fun it is when they get a chance to play it.

#13 4 years ago

Yes Gov, it is a very fun game. It was working fine before I decided to dismantle it and put in the new pf. Can't wait to play it when it's done! I'm doing completely new flipper parts and cleaning the drop target assembly. Also re doing all the wireforms. And replacing anything else that needs it along the way.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#14 4 years ago

Looking good!

Did you recently buy the new playfield from PBR? I'll have to check with them again to see if they are back in stock.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from pindevil:

Looking good!
Did you recently buy the new playfield from PBR? I'll have to check with them again to see if they are back in stock.

His is the archive playfield. No more to be had.

http://pbresource.com/special.html

viperrwk

#16 4 years ago

Whenever I look around at my DMDs, Big Hurt has the coolest wireforms. They spent a lot of time designing this one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 249.00
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbia, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside