20200414_164034 (resized).jpg
20200414_164019 (resized).jpg
20200414_163810 (resized).jpg
20200414_163749 (resized).jpg
20200414_163720 (resized).jpg
20200414_163707 (resized).jpg
20200414_163657 (resized).jpg
Big Hurt decal set (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 6 years ago

I can't quite discern from the posted flyers online so does anyone know if the rubber rings as originally included when Big Hurt was new, were white, or black? I'm leaning towards black, but would like to be sure before I order a kit.

Also has anyone replaced the #67 flashers with LEDs? If so what bulbs and/or circuit mods are required?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

If you zoom in on this, it looks black:
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_pinball/premier/74001801.jpg
I put in white and I think it feels like it provides a decent contrast. The entire playfield has a dark, nighttime sky effect and the white gives it more of a black & white "White Sox" look to it.

Great minds and all! I too think it looks dark, and thought white would brighten it up and be more South Side authentic as you did... But then didn't want bright white rubber to make the rest of my aged yellowed pf seem dingier than it already is.

Does black rubber have a different rebound rate than white? A harder, less bouncy dyrometer rating? I thought it did, but might be mistaken.

1 week later
#116 6 years ago

Finally finished the resurrection - after figuring out a nasty driver board issue, all the mechs are now functioning!

So now I can more freely indulge cosmetic issues (cabinet, speaker grilles, coin door, etc) and other stuff. It'll get there. No time to really play it just yet, unfortunately. And I probably need a new glove motor but still! Test rounds were fun and considering this thing should have been burned and could have made everyone sick, it's a small miracle it works at all.

I did find time to paint the siderails yellow. The originals were *horrible*. Paint of course will not be durable and will probably wear off even easier than I'd like. But the rails had nothing to lose so this is a cheap way to experiment with colors. I think the yellow really looks good, although the shade could maybe be a bit brigher. Thought about trying to mist some orange to blend it into the "rocket trail" on the backbox...

BHY (resized).jpgBHY (resized).jpg

#117 6 years ago

So one thing I've noticed is the captive ball doesn't seem to move much when it's hit - certainly not enough to register. But there are really no adjustments to make: when flipped into the umpire scoop, the player's ball loops up, exits into the habitrail and then rolls down into the captive ball. This path is fixed to allow the parts to fit, so you can't adjust them to affect the speed much if at all.

I assume the captive is supposed to be a standard pinball? Gonna check if maybe the plastic above is pinching it somehow, but that's all I've got.

1 week later
#118 6 years ago

After thinking about it I realized that DUH, the umprire scoop *shouldn't* knock the captive ball because it would become a lame gimme (albeit a nicely Goldberg-esque) shot. In the scoop's case, the captive ball simply stops the playball momentum to drop back to the flippers. The captive ball is instead supposed to be aimed for off the right flipper, and it works.

In other news, I turned my motor from a rabid coffee grinder back into a glove mover... a call to PBR to spec a $2 part makes it silent and reliable now. The game is so much better this way!

Needed new drop stickers so I made a custom but appropriate set... needs a little refinement maybe but the look is there. And it still says "Big Hurt" in plenty of other visible places

20170517_092205 (resized).jpg20170517_092205 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-hurt-club-step-up-to-the-plate?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.