20200414_163657 (resized).jpg
Big Hurt decal set (resized).jpg
20181220_214742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171226_173529 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171226_173520 (resized).jpg
20180720_123149 (resized).jpg
20180716_101344 (resized).jpg
20180716_101704 (resized).jpg

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Something is drawing too much current. I would ohm test that coil first. Resistance that is low would cause it to draw more current and blow the fuse.

Electromagic,
Thank you for the help. The coil is an A-26450 and ohms out at 43 ohms.
-Kyros

3 weeks later
#202 2 years ago

Big Hurt catchers mitt problem...I replaced the motor with NOS motor from PBR. When it spins the throw seems to be different, the arm that hold the mitt swings too far side to side and hits the sides of the cutout in the playfield

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Big Hurt catchers mitt problem...I replaced the motor with NOS motor from PBR. When it spins the throw seems to be different, the arm that hold the mitt swings too far side to side and hits the sides of the cutout in the playfield

Can you post pics or a movie of what is happening ,also under the playfield?

6 months later
1 month later
#205 1 year ago

Posting these pictures for another Pinsider.

20200414_163657 (resized).jpg20200414_163707 (resized).jpg20200414_163720 (resized).jpg20200414_163749 (resized).jpg20200414_163810 (resized).jpg20200414_164019 (resized).jpg20200414_164034 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#206 1 year ago

I got my membership pack today via freight. I bought it at an auction, I’ve been looking for one for a while.
It was working at the auction, got it unpacked, set up and plugged it in.... nada. This is my first non-EM Gottlieb game, are there any tricks? Something obvious I should have noticed? The two main fuses are good, all the fuses under the pf are good, and the game plugged into the same outlet next to it is lit and working. Any advise?

E70C52D8-1CE5-4DA0-8C83-03D0FF187C92 (resized).jpeg
#207 1 year ago

Found it! There’s an extra door sw that was bent out of the way, “had” a rubber band around it to make contact.

#208 1 year ago

Just got a big hurt, worked perfectly for about a week. Just last night though every multiball, the ball pops out and shoots ok, and the ramp lifts, but timing seems off. Seems like the ramp doesn’t lift for long enough. The ball just fires over and over again and comes back down the ramp because it’s actually supposed to pass underneath the ramp:
I am a new owner and looking for any help/suggestions. Thanks in advance guys!

#209 1 year ago

Does anyone know off hand how the little gate deal way in the back of the play field top center is supposed to work. Without taking it all apart yet, there’s a coil that looks like it would flip it up out of the way or let it block the ball from going all the way around. I think I’m missing a spring that may hold it in the correct position when the coil isn’t energized. As it is, I’m getting a ball stuck back there (lost). Anyone torn one down that can tell me what I’m missing or how it’s supposed to work?

#210 1 year ago

Also, is this the memory battery? And how do I change it? It looks like a big watch type battery, but I don’t want to try to remove something there’s probably a right way to remove.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Troostr:

Does anyone know off hand how the little gate deal way in the back of the play field top center is supposed to work. Without taking it all apart yet, there’s a coil that looks like it would flip it up out of the way or let it block the ball from going all the way around. I think I’m missing a spring that may hold it in the correct position when the coil isn’t energized. As it is, I’m getting a ball stuck back there (lost). Anyone torn one down that can tell me what I’m missing or how it’s supposed to work?

I got my fat fingers and a better mirror back there to see I’ve got a broken rubber. Maybe that’s it? It still seems like there’s something missing with the flapper/diverter.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from Troostr:

Also, is this the memory battery? And how do I change it? It looks like a big watch type battery, but I don’t want to try to remove something there’s probably a right way to remove.

I don't remember the flap in the back having a spring. I think it was just gravity that held it down and the solenoid could lift it, but its been a couple of years since I've had it apart, so I could be wrong.

The Gottlieb system 3 batteries were the size of a quarter and soldered to the circuit board. If it's not dead, i would just leave it as they are unlikely to leak. Otherwise, I believe Pinball Resource has solder in replacements.

6 months later
#213 10 months ago

After a couple of years on the DL, Big Hurt rejoined my line-up recently. So glad to see BH back! I see a couple of rubber rings are starting to show wear and tear/starting to dry up. Specifically, the ring behind the 3 drop targets. From previous experience owning BH, it was a pain in the butt to replace this rubber ring - but it's doable! I know Gottlieb manuals are under lock and key/not freely shared. I thought I'd put this question to this group: what size of rubber ring is installed behind the drop targets? thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
#214 10 months ago

Seeking some repair help on my Big Hurt machine. Left ramp opto is not working. I have reflowed the opto Tx and Rx PCBs, and replaced the opto Tx with a new LED. I cannot get the Tx to light up when viewing with phone camera when connected in my machine, but my bench power supply at 2v gives me light. Continuity seems fine from opto boards to connector on quad opto boards. I swapped the quad opto boards to rule them out, and nothing has changed. Any help is appreciated, I'm not too sure where to look at this point!

1 week later
#215 9 months ago

would anyone in the group have a quantity listing of rubber rings needed to complete a shop job for a Big Hurt? Thank You

1 month later
#216 8 months ago

Hi guys, my big hurt has a ramp issue.

The ramp lift for the home run shot, doesn't lift up. The coil trys to lift, but has not enough power to lift the flap. Don't know why...
Can someone help? What i have to look for?
What coil is in this assembly? I wonder if i have the right coil there.

#217 8 months ago
Quoted from pody:

Hi guys, my big hurt has a ramp issue.
The ramp lift for the home run shot, doesn't lift up. The coil trys to lift, but has not enough power to lift the flap. Don't know why...
Can someone help? What i have to look for?
What coil is in this assembly? I wonder if i have the right coil there.

I was streaming my gameplay of Big Hurt this evening and noticed my center ramp also very weak when lifting. Will try, sometimes hold it up for a little bit, but then drop it down and weakly attempt lifting it again.

I'll look into it and see what I find, unless you've already spotted a fix?

3 weeks later
#218 7 months ago

Hello, I have a big hurt, but the shooter lane ramp is missing.... Anyone knows where I can find it, or anyone who want to take pictures how it's made and attached at the '' lift'' system, measures also welcome, I will make a repro if I can' t find an original one, thx

IMG_20210228_002403 (resized).jpg
#219 7 months ago

Searched the thread, right off hand, the left slingshot on my BH, thumps when struck but doesn't fire. You can hear it thump in the speakers and the coil looks fine, and moves freely. Any ideas? It seems the coil is fine and the strike is registered, but the coil doesn't fire. Thanks for the help.

#220 7 months ago

Did you check the coil's resistance in ohms? I would start there.

3 months later
#221 4 months ago

Doing a complete teardown shop job on my game. The home run insert is burnt from a stuck flasher bulb. Anyone know where to get a replacement decal?

3 weeks later
#222 3 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Doing a complete teardown shop job on my game. The home run insert is burnt from a stuck flasher bulb. Anyone know where to get a replacement decal?

This is interesting because I came here to post the exact same thing as PinHigh1! I also have the same problem with the home run insert being burned from a stuck on flasher. I'm guessing an insert set is just not available, and I couldn't find one.

Has anyone made an in insert decal for this, or could someone please provide a close up pic?

Thanks!

1 month later
#223 57 days ago

Does anyone know what type of opto is best to get to replace the one on the left ramp? Repairing one for a friend and don't know a whole lot about this game, or Gottliebs in general. Thanks in advance.

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside