Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by jasonspoint28
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Left Lane Plastic (resized).png
AEB208E6-7F86-4AEA-BF55-BA849FE5CA50 (resized).jpeg
97D8DA15-AB47-4528-A62A-9775BA2C4162 (resized).jpeg
2EB9552F-FB8C-422B-94B0-DCD0374E0D3D (resized).jpeg
78D9DDB1-C732-42C0-9FE8-1B5C57732319 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonspoint28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I contacted Pinball Rescue to inquire about the possibility of getting the plastics for Gottlieb’s Big Hit reproduced. The previous owner of my machine thought that hair ties and solid wire were good replacements for worn rubbers, so...

Lee from Pin Res said that we would need at least 10 confirmed requests to make it happen. I’ve been contacting Big Hit owning pinsiders personally to try to meet the quota, but we are still about 3 short.

So I’m posting here in hopes that someone who reads this went to summer camp with a guy who dated someone who’s orthodontist played Thursday night softball with a plumber who’s great uncle ... ... ... who has a Big Hit in need of plastics.

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

I just got another bite! Just 2 more Big Hitters and this could actually happen.

#4 1 year ago

I asked Lee at Pinball Rescue about price, but he said that costs can’t be determined until production is completed. The ones available on his site range from about $70 to $130. I would assume the Big Hit set would be over $100.

If you have a set to sell, I believe that magickeith has been looking for a very long time.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What do you think the cost is going to be?
Been considering selling mine....but....
Its pinball, you never know.

Ah, I think I read what I wanted it to say. But if you are considering selling the machine, it couldn’t hurt to have an extra set of plastics or two, right?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Hahaha. Funny that you say this--I fell in love with this game at summer camp and played the shit out of it. Unfortunately, the plastics on mine are in good shape. One is cracked, but hardly worth investing in a whole new set (for me).
But if they do get done, I could use one plastic from someone's old set if they buy new.

I’m sure one of the guys would be willing to hook you up. Mine would need some flattening.

1 week later
#11 1 year ago

I checked with Lee last night. He said that he has received 8 requests so far, so we still need 2 more to go into production. Thanks so much for everyone who has responded so far! MustangPaul, you are a pinball hero for offering to buy a set without even owning the machine (maybe a little crazy, but awesome none the less)!

We won’t know the cost until production is complete, but I would guess that they would be pricey with the low production numbers-maybe $120-130. That’s a very uneducated guess though.

Thanks again guys! Paul, I will keep you in the loop.

#14 1 year ago

Hey Blutarsky, glad to hear you’re in! The next step for you and MustangPaul is to contact Pinball Rescue and make a request. You can find the link on the website, or email Lee at sales@pinballrescue.net. Just be sure tell him it’s for a 1977 Big Hit.

Wow, that should make 10 requests which will put us into production! Thanks again to everyone who has responded.

3 weeks later
#16 1 year ago

I checked in with Lee, here’s what he had to say.

G'day Jason
Happy new year to you too, just back on deck tonight and will source a plastic set soon and into production.
Lee

3 months later
#17 11 months ago

Got an email from Pinball Rescue this morning saying that the Gottlieb Big Hit Plastics are ready to order. Get em while they’re hot!

3 weeks later
#18 10 months ago

Got my new plastics today! It’s pretty awesome what Lee and Gordon do at Pinball Rescue, I can’t thank them enough.

Out with the old and in with the new. If anyone would like some of my old plastics, send me a PM.

2EB9552F-FB8C-422B-94B0-DCD0374E0D3D (resized).jpeg78D9DDB1-C732-42C0-9FE8-1B5C57732319 (resized).jpeg97D8DA15-AB47-4528-A62A-9775BA2C4162 (resized).jpegAEB208E6-7F86-4AEA-BF55-BA849FE5CA50 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#21 10 months ago

My old ones are somewhat faded and discolored, the reds are quite orange.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Federal Way, WA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 115.00
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 104.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 109.99
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.95
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonspoint28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside