Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Blutarsky
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 33 days ago

I contacted Pinball Rescue to inquire about the possibility of getting the plastics for Gottlieb’s Big Hit reproduced. The previous owner of my machine thought that hair ties and solid wire were good replacements for worn rubbers, so...

Lee from Pin Res said that we would need at least 10 confirmed requests to make it happen. I’ve been contacting Big Hit owning pinsiders personally to try to meet the quota, but we are still about 3 short.

So I’m posting here in hopes that someone who reads this went to summer camp with a guy who dated someone who’s orthodontist played Thursday night softball with a plumber who’s great uncle ... ... ... who has a Big Hit in need of plastics.

Thanks

#2 33 days ago

I just got another bite! Just 2 more Big Hitters and this could actually happen.

#3 33 days ago

What do you think the cost is going to be?
Been considering selling mine....but....
Its pinball, you never know.

#4 30 days ago

I asked Lee at Pinball Rescue about price, but he said that costs can’t be determined until production is completed. The ones available on his site range from about $70 to $130. I would assume the Big Hit set would be over $100.

If you have a set to sell, I believe that magickeith has been looking for a very long time.

#5 30 days ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

So I’m posting here in hopes that someone who reads this went to summer camp

Hahaha. Funny that you say this--I fell in love with this game at summer camp and played the shit out of it. Unfortunately, the plastics on mine are in good shape. One is cracked, but hardly worth investing in a whole new set (for me).

But if they do get done, I could use one plastic from someone's old set if they buy new.

#6 30 days ago

I asked Lee at Pinball Rescue about price, but he said that costs can’t be determined until production is completed. The ones available on his site range from about $70 to $130. I would assume the Big Hit set would be over $100.
If you have a set to sell, I believe that magickeith has been looking for a very long time.

Thank you for response and update.
I should of said, been considering selling my Big Hit, I dont have plastics for sale.

#7 27 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What do you think the cost is going to be?
Been considering selling mine....but....
Its pinball, you never know.

Ah, I think I read what I wanted it to say. But if you are considering selling the machine, it couldn’t hurt to have an extra set of plastics or two, right?

#8 27 days ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Hahaha. Funny that you say this--I fell in love with this game at summer camp and played the shit out of it. Unfortunately, the plastics on mine are in good shape. One is cracked, but hardly worth investing in a whole new set (for me).
But if they do get done, I could use one plastic from someone's old set if they buy new.

I’m sure one of the guys would be willing to hook you up. Mine would need some flattening.

#9 27 days ago

I’m sure one of the guys would be willing to hook you up. Mine would need some flattening.

Would one more help get this done? I don't have the game but I'll order a set if it helps make it happen for you guys. Let me know.

#10 26 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't have the game but I'll order a set if it helps make it happen for you guys.

1 week later
#11 18 days ago

I checked with Lee last night. He said that he has received 8 requests so far, so we still need 2 more to go into production. Thanks so much for everyone who has responded so far! MustangPaul, you are a pinball hero for offering to buy a set without even owning the machine (maybe a little crazy, but awesome none the less)!

We won’t know the cost until production is complete, but I would guess that they would be pricey with the low production numbers-maybe $120-130. That’s a very uneducated guess though.

Thanks again guys! Paul, I will keep you in the loop.

#12 18 days ago

I checked with Lee last night. He said that he has received 8 requests so far, so we still need 2 more to go into production. Thanks so much for everyone who has responded so far! MustangPaul, you are a pinball hero for offering to buy a set without even owning the machine (maybe a little crazy, but awesome none the less)!
We won’t know the cost until production is complete, but I would guess that they would be pricey with the low production numbers-maybe $120-130. That’s a very uneducated guess though.
Thanks again guys! Paul, I will keep you in the loop.

Hey Jason you bet and you can put me down for 2 sets, that way you only need 1 more. I'll sit on my sets and if someone later wants one I'll have 2 I can sell. Yup just call me crazy but it sure makes me feel good helping like this.

#13 12 days ago

I'm in for Big Hit plastics. Let me know.

#14 12 days ago

Hey Blutarsky, glad to hear you’re in! The next step for you and MustangPaul is to contact Pinball Rescue and make a request. You can find the link on the website, or email Lee at sales@pinballrescue.net. Just be sure tell him it’s for a 1977 Big Hit.

Wow, that should make 10 requests which will put us into production! Thanks again to everyone who has responded.

#15 12 days ago

Done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
€ 18.95
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside