5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JodyG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey everyone, after a long time away from the hobby I am looking to get back into it. I have an opportunity to buy either a Williams Big Guns or a Bally Escape from the Lost World. Similar era, both alpha numeric. I typically enjoy alphanumeric games (favorite has been bride of pinbot) so I kind of know what to expect from the game play. I have never played either one of these, any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Keep looking for better games.

#3 5 years ago

EFTLW gets old quick. Have never played BG.

#4 5 years ago

Out of those two games I would go with EFTLW.

#5 5 years ago

Big Guns is actually a pretty good game for its time...

#6 5 years ago

They’re both ok games, if they’re a reasonable deal.

Not the best pins ever made — but far from the worst.

If they’re cheap, buy both.

rd

#7 5 years ago

Big Guns will get repetitive. Never played the other. Note that bride is a wpc so its rules are most complex than most alphanumerics

#8 5 years ago

I had a Big Guns and it wasn't bad. I briefly played EFTLW and did not enjoy it as much.

#9 5 years ago

I currently own both. Escape is the better game in my opinion. Niether are particularly deep. Big Guns can be fun, but it just doesn't resonate with me. Escape draws me in more and I find myself wanting to play just one more game way more often than with Big Guns.

Escape is a super cool looking game too. Everyone I know is drawn to that game from looks alone.

#10 5 years ago

You don't play EFTLW, EFTLW plays you. It does have some great artwork though. Beware of how tall the backbox is on Big Guns, it is one of the tallest machines ever made. Short ceiling heights are going to give you trouble.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-vs-escape-from-the-lost-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.